Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:12:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anouncing the Winner of Logo Contest - cryptothrift.com 0.5 BTC up for grabs  (Read 4744 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Duetschpire (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 03:30:37 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 12:26:41 AM by Duetschpire

Update:

We're glad to be announcing the winner of the poll which took place on cryptothrift.com to be ckybe.

Thanks for every one who voted, participated and contributed to this contest, we might have some more contests to come soon with ad campaigns and marketing campaign being put in place.

Update:

I would like to thanks every one who have participated in this contest, you couldn't have made our decision any harder. And yes, we were actually arguing! Smiley
You've shown that this community have such an amazing talent to support the whole crypto industry...  Everybody should know by now where to look when in need for great artists.

We've come to a decision to move the poll to cryptothrift.com as we can lock voting by username, IP address and cookies.

All users must be registered to be able to vote. Only one vote per user and can not be changed. The voting will run for the next 48 hours.

Congratulations to Mjbmonetarymetals, mymenace and ckybe for getting picked by our team and few of our friends. You are now going through to the second and final round, the community voting.

I will be contacting each of the users so they can provide me with their Bitcoin address. Please vote Here.

Calling all cryptocurrency graphic designers. We need a new logo and we need the community's help to design what they think is best suited for our site and services.

What do we do?

cryptothrift is a cryptocurrency marketplace and auction site with an automated escrow service. We support Bitcoin, Litecoin, Feathercoin, Primecoin, Mincoin, Worldcoin and Maxcoin. Our target users are, of course, cryptocurrency guys who would like to earn and spend coins on goods and services.Mostly males in the age group 18-35.

We're not totally concerned about the colours, something that fits the current theme would be great, but something that looks modern with complimentary colours is something we would also consider (I know, you are going to make me change the current theme Smiley).

Terms of Contest

• Contest will run for 10 days
  • Designers can submit more than one logo.
  • We need a small/shorthand version of the logo as well, a square version to be used for favicon, facebook page, twitter profile, google plus profile, etc...
  • We will hand pick 3 logos to enter a community poll vote
  • The 3 logos we pick will each win 0.1 Bitcoins
  • The winner in the poll will win 0.2 Bitcoins on top of the 0.1 Bitcoins they already won for being picked in the top 3. That's a total of 0.3 Bitcoins. On top of that, they will be offered a 1 week 250x250 home page ad to advertise their graphic design talent on cryptothrift.com.

If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please let us know.

This topic will be closed on Tuesday the 25th of February at 600 UTC Time.

Winners can choose to be paid in any of the cryptocurrencies supported on cryptothrift (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Feathercoin, Primecoin, Mincoin, Worldcoin and Maxcoin). Only one coin can be selected as a form of payment

Update:

Just a quick note guys, I would rather a flat logo than a 3D looking one

Update:

Topic has been locked. Thanks a lot for all of you who have participated, we have decided to host the poll on cryptothrift.com and will be posting the URL shortly. Only registered users will be able to vote and only 1 vote per IP address will be counted. We will take few hours to discuss and pick the top three logos and send direct messages to the users.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hammo

Activity: 493

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:31:18 AM

Our target users are, of course, cryptocurrency guys who would like to earn and spend coins on goods and services.Mostly males in the age group 18-35.

Just checked out the site and I'm not sure how many 18-35 males are into handmade soap. Just saying. Grin Maybe you could be more inclusive in your description and suggest women may also like the site. Of course I could be missing something here because one has to have the soap before they can drop it.

Anyway I'm happy to refer this to an awesome artists community, if one more condition is that the winner gets to suggest a coin to add to your payment options. Please Consider.

BTW: If you need an Ad Server to drive some real traffic to your site or collect extra ad revenue, see my sig for details.

Nice site and Good Luck!
IronLegend

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:12:34 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 06:14:56 PM by IronLegend

Ok why not, here is the logo I came up with. Now I know being the first to post something is always a disadvantage but meh. Hope you like it! Cheesy BTW the letters C and T make up the key in Crypto Thrift. Plus the key represents security while shopping. I also matched it to your current colours and themes so no major changes are necessary!

http://imgur.com/a/jeuBG

BTC: 19NXtmMvV3fQQqKuE8wfZS83Wm7dKs9QUy  (In case you pick it Wink

You can check out my site at clixgraphicdesign.com as well if you would like to know more about what kind of work I do!
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:00:31 AM

Ok why not, here is the logo I came up with. Now I know being the first to post something is always a disadvantage but meh. Hope you like it! Cheesy BTW the letters C and T make up the key in Crypto Thrift. Plus the key represents security while shopping. I also matched it to your current colours and themes so no major changes are necessary!

http://imgur.com/a/if99v

BTC: 19NXtmMvV3fQQqKuE8wfZS83Wm7dKs9QUy  (In case you pick it Wink

You can check out my site at clixgraphicdesign.com as well if you would like to know more about what kind of work I do!
Smart! I like Smiley

lauri132

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:25:21 PM

Such a great contest.
I will make to you something for sure Smiley
Prizes are great for me and if i would get even 0.1 BTC i would be so happy.
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:44:16 PM

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

Pretty simple flat logo with a "long shadow" ( http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/long-shadow-design/ ) which is a trend at the moment can be viewed as a padlock (crypto) or shopping bag (thrift)

Bitrated user: Mick.
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:52:48 AM

Cool designs!

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:56:37 PM

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:19:13 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 02:47:49 AM by mymenace

Grin
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:34:11 AM

Grin
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 03:44:30 AM

Just a quick note guys, I would rather a flat logo than a 3D looking one

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:55:47 AM

Just the logo (can be made into a 16x16 favicon logo):

https://i.imgur.com/nLiv0Zr.png

Logo with text:

https://i.imgur.com/BGvJPru.png
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 11:29:24 AM

Here's my "warming up" attempt, will post more later in the week...

Not bad for a warming up, but you've got to drink redbull and get the talent floating to compete with the guys above Smiley

gjeric

Activity: 295

Graphic Designer

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:20:13 PM

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
Hilaryclok

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:55:15 PM

Good luck to everyone!
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:02:39 PM

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:27:17 AM

Grin
ZERO_O

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:46:48 AM

Pretty simple flat logo with a "long shadow" ( http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/long-shadow-design/ ) which is a trend at the moment can be viewed as a padlock (crypto) or shopping bag (thrift)

https://i.imgur.com/MgMrfY1.png

I agree with this look, the site needs a flat logo to go with the style the rest of the site has. Also the logo color should be mostly green because that is the most dominant color on the site, the only thing I would change is maybe add another color from the site color palette to logo to make it match the site a little more and make the logo stick out a little more. It can be as simple as changing the shadow color to something else. I love the icon by the way. Nice work.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:51:35 PM

Holy smokes there are some talented designers on the forum

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: