Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:00:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: hold your coin on mtgox  (Read 2551 times)
cwfabc (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:44:20 AM

As you see,the price was shoot to 700$ when bitstamp reopen withdraws,As soon as mtgox fixes btc withdrawals, the price will shoot on mtgox and anyother exchanges,sellers should buy back their coins when the price still lower. My opinion: 1. Anyone who sell their coin should buy back their coin,but there is no more coin on exchange,you can see the order form on mtgox,there are only 4000 coin to 600$ and 6000 to 700$ or 7500 to 800$ from the realtime price.Can you believe there was more than 100K coin buy orders from 300$ to 1000$,that means lots of people lost their coin in this drop turn and can't buy back on the price where they sell if they don't buy back soon. 2. If mtgox fixes btc withdrawals,it should excite people to bump the price to a new level,not only mtgox,but anyother exchanges. 3. The sellers can't withdraw there fiat as mtgox announced.they should buy back coin,and withdraw it,it's reality. 4. If It's realy,there's some problem mtgox can't solve,you can't withdraw your bitcoin,but you can't withdraw your fiat too.keep in mind. So are you selling your bitcoins on a lower price than anyother exchanges?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1xyk0t/as_soon_as_mtgox_fixes_btc_withdrawals_the_price/
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:19:08 AM

ppl selling BTC because they wanna ride the wave or just panic, i am sure some smart guys are buying huge, mtgox is one of them.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:59:16 AM

Why is the price as low as 340 currently at MtGox, and 659 at bitstamp?

I know Gox currently does not allow btc withdrawals, but fiat withdrawals are also very much delayed, and why would people rather have fiat at MtGox than bitcoins. After all they can withdraw the coins when and if withdrawal of btc resumes, which I think will happen.

If there are fears that MtGox is running fractional reserve, why does it make sense to sell their bitcoins there currently?
ft73

Activity: 564
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:02:16 AM

The real question is who is now massively selling BTC on Gox now and why.
Thousands of coins are being sold in batches (100-300 pieces).
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:03:18 AM

I know Gox currently does not allow btc withdrawals, but fiat withdrawals are also very much delayed, and why would people rather have fiat at MtGox than bitcoins. After all they can withdraw the coins when and if withdrawal of btc resumes, which I think will happen.

If there are fears that MtGox is running fractional reserve, why does it make sense to sell their bitcoins there currently?

The BTC-price on MtGox is a reflection of peoples believes on how they will be able to get their money out the easiest/fastest/safest. The fact that the price is so much below other exchanges indicates that people are more confident they can get fiat out than BTC.
TheFootMan

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:04:24 AM

You never know. Could it be someone 'in the know' ? This has happened before, ref. the senate hearings. So if there's an investigation and dangers of imminent complete shutdown in regards to govt. investigation, it could be scared money wanting to get out. It could also be large investors and early adopters that still has a good profit at 300ish, and just wants to get out ASAP. Maybe they even have a japanese bank account, which is the fastest way to move money out now apparently.

All of this is just pure speculation of course.
ft73

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:05:48 AM

You never know. Could it be someone 'in the know' ? This has happened before, ref. the senate hearings. So if there's an investigation and dangers of imminent complete shutdown in regards to govt. investigation, it could be scared money wanting to get out. It could also be large investors and early adopters that still has a good profit at 300ish, and just wants to get out ASAP. Maybe they even have a japanese bank account, which is the fastest way to move money out now apparently.

All of this is just pure speculation of course.

Sure, but the timing is suspect.
TheFootMan

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:08:37 AM

The BTC-price on MtGox is a reflection of peoples believes on how they will be able to get their money out the easiest/fastest/safest. The fact that the price is so much below other exchanges indicates that people are more confident they can get fiat out than BTC.

Thanks, but does that really make sense?

Apparently Gox is working hard to fix the btc withdrawal issue, and other exchanges have already implemented fixes for the malleability thing. Since bitstamp is at 659 and gox at 340, does it really make any sense to sell at 340? Would it not be better to wait a bit, and see if the btc withdrawals get reinstated? When that happens, the Gox price will probably shot up, or if not, it is possible to withdraw btc and sell it elsewhere (if not holding it).

Fiat withdrawals will probably take a long time to go through anyway, as most folks do not have a japanese bank account. And while most withdrawals will be stuck in 'processing', the gox btc withdrawal option will be reinstated, and price will go up, and all these panic sellers are looking at a loss.
TheFootMan

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:09:38 AM

What do you mean about the timing being suspect, could you elaborate on that?
ft73

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:14:56 AM

I wonder why somebody is willing to dump thousandes of coins today, after Gox news.
This unless this guy has some insider information.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:23:36 AM

conspiracy alert  Grin - who knows what gox is doing behind the scenes.  they could be displaying false sales at lower and lower prices to induce panic sells for stop losses knowing panickers cant get their coins out or when that will be. hell, gox could even be buying the coins themselves and selling them on the other exchanges for quick and easy profit. 
ft73

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:28:59 AM

The "guy" drove back the price to 312$, near previous bottom.
Now what?
TheFootMan

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

conspiracy alert  Grin - who knows what gox is doing behind the scenes.  they could be displaying false sales at lower and lower prices to induce panic sells for stop losses knowing panickers cant get their coins out or when that will be. hell, gox could even be buying the coins themselves and selling them on the other exchanges for quick and easy profit.  

They could basically do whatever they want with their own exchange, but I do not think that's the case.

If anyone saw the bloomberg piece, the guy with the Boston University logos in the background went pretty rough on the fact that bitcoin is volatile, and he also stated that if bitcoin is to survive (what hoopla for an academic to buy into..), confidence needed to be regained (as if it is lost currently), and he pointed to the btc-e flash crash as to how unstable bitcoin was.

So if we're putting on the conspiracy hat, it could be a deliberate concerted smearing campaign, and bitcoins being sold at MtGox could be some rich bank trying to spread fear in the market. Perhaps the btc-e flash crash was the first, now gox, and what next? Bitstamp or any other exchange having a flash crash with rich bankers money. This is not something that everybody could do, but there's some quite rich people out there that could play the exchanges.

With the current market cap of about 8 million, this list shows a list of 100 people that's more worth than that
http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/

And then just think of banks and financial firms. What's some millions for them if they want to cause fear in the markets?

I wonder why somebody is willing to dump thousandes of coins today, after Gox news.
This unless this guy has some insider information.

Hm.. and why's the latest announcement made as a pdf? If there's a 0-day exploit, couldn't that mean a lot of customers could be attacked? I'm not clicking that announcement. Such announcements should not be put out as pdf's. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but rather safe than sorry.
yrtrnc

Activity: 605

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:50:11 AM

The question is, who the hell is buying them!!
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:27:55 AM

I would certainly buy if I had fiat on mtGox
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:31:41 AM

No I dont think so.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:35:55 AM

Some very strong hands.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:05:23 AM

conspiracy alert  Grin - who knows what gox is doing behind the scenes.  they could be displaying false sales at lower and lower prices to induce panic sells for stop losses knowing panickers cant get their coins out or when that will be. hell, gox could even be buying the coins themselves and selling them on the other exchanges for quick and easy profit. 

How is that quick and easy when exchanges require verification to get cash out? Mark cannot move huge amounts of money that easily.

Jrock

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:12:11 AM

I had fiat and coins locked in gox. I bought in with the fiat just recently. Figure why not, can't get the money out anyways.

If gox goes belly up, oh well. One of the whales will send a highly paid assassin after mark to avenge my stolen monies.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:18:22 AM

I am buying of course. If I could quickly move fiat into gox, I'd buy even more. This is simply an unfounded panic. Sure, Gox is a shithole, but it will reopen btc withdrawals in a week and the price woule be 700-800 then. Selling at 300 now is plain idiotic, so thanks for that to whomever is selling.

i am satoshi
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: