Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs in 2017 Were Scams!  (Read 351 times)
Pamplelune (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:39:30 PM

Stunning research about ICO market comes from Cointelegraph:

A recent study prepared by ICO advisory firm Statis Group revealed that more than 80 percent of initial coin offerings (ICOs) conducted in 2017 were identified as scams. The study took into consideration the lifecycle of ICOs run in 2017, from the initial proposal of a sale availability to the most mature phase of trading on a crypto exchange.

Read more at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

So what about year 2018, will it bring us more of scam ICOs or less?

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:42:59 PM

Obviously, it was so. And even without special studies, from my personal observation I can confirm that most of the projects that I was interested in in 2017 ceased to exist even without going to the stock exchanges.
Xemnia

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

A recent study prepared by ICO advisory firm Statis Group revealed that more than 80 percent of initial coin offerings (ICOs) conducted in 2017 were identified as scams. The study took into consideration the lifecycle of ICOs run in 2017, from the initial proposal of a sale availability to the most mature phase of trading on a crypto exchange.

Read more at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

really dreadful news, i wondrr how imana pged to avoid scammerand pd to stay more or less positiove abput everything
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:44:25 PM

It's true? I hope that this is not true, because in that case we will see very soon how patience of people and faith in the crypto-currency world will end. This is not serious. It turns out that we invest in scammers.

Xemnia

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:44:35 PM

Obviously, it was so. And even without special studies, from my personal observation I can confirm that most of the projects that I was interested in in 2017 ceased to exist even without going to the stock exchanges.
this is duch a hige per spcent, the siruation nedds to be changed, but can we, common peoplendo agout it?
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1585

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:02:57 PM

There are some questions to study here:
a) Do not mistake a bad idea or business with a Scam. A scam is designed to deceit the investors. A bad idea is a result of human stupidity.
b) Many of those ICOs are relatively unknown. Anyone can launch an ICO that may not even get 1k in funds.

Last follen star

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

It's true? I hope that this is not true, because in that case we will see very soon how patience of people and faith in the crypto-currency world will end. This is not serious. It turns out that we invest in scammers.
I think the statistics are much more terrible, maybe 90% of all ico are scam. Even if they try to promote their project and make every effort, few will succeed.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:57:57 PM

There were 90% of the ICOs were scam in 2017, some projects were launched with the intention of scam, some projects betrayed by team member, some projects failed because of lack of support, some projects were failed to list on the big centralized exchanges because of higher listing price and they failed to create the liquidity. In 2017 approximately around $6 billion USD were raised and that has been surpassed by the Q2 2018, so this is clear that in 2018 ICOs will raise double money as compare to 2017 from their initial coin offering and token contribution. ICOs become the trends in 2017 and at that time there was not any awareness platforms were available for the investors, but the things have been changed now investors are more aware now with the help of lot of YouTubers, ICOs related website and our bitcointalk forum to identify the scam projects easily. So the chances are minimum this year that lot of projects will fail. Only if centralized exchanges will minimize their listing fees lot of ICOs will survive if their project have unique concept and something to contribute in the cryptoworld.

jyaken

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:07:50 PM

I'm not surprised. in this a lot of money and of course scammers can not pass by
But anyway there are good project too
Pamplelune (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:54:57 AM

There are some questions to study here:
a) Do not mistake a bad idea or business with a Scam. A scam is designed to deceit the investors. A bad idea is a result of human stupidity.
b) Many of those ICOs are relatively unknown. Anyone can launch an ICO that may not even get 1k in funds.

You should know that if ICO wasn't able to collect Softap or some unexpected disaster happened later founders are obligated to return major part of raised funds to investors.
My guess is that the article talks about "scams" that never returned even a part of funds raised to their investors.

Citataw

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:59:11 AM

in 2018, there will be even more scams, if I previously invested in ICO and made a profit, then this year all my investments are unsuccessful and brought losses.
shariya M

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:00:51 AM

I think you should Go ahead and see the Good ICO's like Pundi X, Kakushin Ecosystem, EOS, Datablockchain like that.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

You are wrong. Up to 90% of ICOs projects in 2017 are a scam, and 8% of failed projects are not profitable for investors as listed on exchanges. People always think that ICOs are an excellent choice of wealth, but after investing in ICOs, there are a lot of investors who are failing.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:03:32 AM

Asking about 2018?then for now i guess were having 95% scammers and 2 percent pump and dumo meaning only 3% are reliable and may bring profit to us

I dont know if that statistics are accurate but upon seeing daily concerns about scamming in reputation i might say bigger percent are there just to victimize

And nothing to do to bring us  earning sad to admit but its true,dont wait to become a victim keep distance on those
anhmai4155948@gmail.com

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:06:05 AM

2017 is the ICO boom year and of course comes with it's scam. That makes us thoroughly study before investing in it
RiannaPal28

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:06:48 AM

Actually, not all ICOs are scams. You just have to dig deeper on your research to find out which ones are legit. Of course, reading the whitepaper is very important as well as checking the team behind the project. Here's a good example of a good upcoming ICO that I think is very promising. Check out VLUX https://vlux.io/
sebastianweyer655@gmail.c

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:07:17 AM

I don't think that's the way it sounds though, I think it's talking about ones who didn't manage to receive enough funding mostly.
imeetaro

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:09:11 AM

Yeah thats why research is a must especially in crypto, where all is digital. You are investing without meeting the team in person.
But not all ICO are scam. Some are gems. Research and participate in the community and be updated on the project before investing.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:10:34 AM

I don't think that's the way it sounds though, I think it's talking about ones who didn't manage to receive enough funding mostly.

Cannot say anything on the % terms but definitely some of them are real scam or some of the ICO do exists only for short time and later that get removed from the exchange or its value decreases and become worthless and never bounce back. So one need to be careful while selecting such ICO.
drevorub

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:12:18 AM

I have no doubt if this year, there will be no less scams . Many investors fail .
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: