Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:42:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs in 2017 Were Scams!  (Read 356 times)
fenzuijk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:13:03 AM

I think that's more than that. The actual situation is that more than 90% of projects are junk and scammers. There are really very few projects that you can really participate in and have to develop. You can look at so many ico projects, and very few have released the main network.
classictee

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

Its absolutely true with this record, and also during the last quarter of last year  the lending coin ico too add more scam to the records.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
unicornmenace

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

Woah. That's a lot. Maybe there should be a superior organization that should control it...
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:34:12 AM

nah, 100% of them were scams. only that some of them have been more successful scams in hiding their scam and uselessness and also were more successful in getting pumped in a better way. other than that they are still shitty scams made for money-making purposes from gullible newbies Cheesy.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

The number of ICOs generally for year 2018 is more than 2017 and this is an indication alongside other indications that there will be more scam ICO this year. As a matter of fact, i can count the number of times i was exposed to scam ICO last year, but for this year, it is more. Notwithstanding, there a lots of good ICOs this year.
rlm42

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:10:18 PM

The results of Q1 2018 demonstrate that the modern ICO market is directed towards transparent regulation and control: a number of escrow services are functioning, projects are being developed for hedging and insurance of risks, standards and systems for project evaluation are being improved, and an international regulatory and legal framework is developing. The market moves from muddy and scams schemes to platform solutions and open dialogue with investors, developers, and insurance companies.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:14:34 PM

scammers can freely create scam ICOs and can get away with it easily. so they can start again and again. they can't be stop and they will not stop as long as there is still people to be fooled. we should do our research to possibly avoid this scam projects.
Pamplelune (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:47:58 PM

nah, 100% of them were scams. only that some of them have been more successful scams in hiding their scam and uselessness and also were more successful in getting pumped in a better way. other than that they are still shitty scams made for money-making purposes from gullible newbies Cheesy.

What a pessimistic attitude? With such approach we can consider entire crypto as a scam and bubble Grin
Actually there are plenty of successful projects and interesting ideas among ICOs from 2017.

murtadhogaul

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:14:58 PM

Stunning research about ICO market comes from Cointelegraph:

A recent study prepared by ICO advisory firm Statis Group revealed that more than 80 percent of initial coin offerings (ICOs) conducted in 2017 were identified as scams. The study took into consideration the lifecycle of ICOs run in 2017, from the initial proposal of a sale availability to the most mature phase of trading on a crypto exchange.

Read more at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

So what about year 2018, will it bring us more of scam ICOs or less?
I am not surprised with this all, all possibilities can happen, success or scam, but definitely do not get discouraged, do not give up, try choosing a good ICO, because there is still 20% ico no scam, and I suggest you to try chynge https://chynge.net is good ico in my opinion.
Firbolko

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:52:33 PM

and this year there are even more. in General, it became impossible to find a normal project without getting to the scammers.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:56:52 PM

and this year there are even more. in General, it became impossible to find a normal project without getting to the scammers.
this year is a scam project to be more. and in my opinion today the factor of it all is because they want to be easy to make a profit
ryan2018

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:01:30 AM

A recent study prepared by ICO advisory firm Statis Group revealed that more than 80 percent of initial coin offerings (ICOs) conducted in 2017 were identified as scams. The study took into consideration the lifecycle of ICOs run in 2017, from the initial proposal of a sale availability to the most mature phase of trading on a crypto exchange.

Read more at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

In my opinion, the article is close to the facts that have occurred. This makes investors more loyal to ICO in 2018, preferring to invest in a more solid crypto and a top 20 in the crypto market cap.
Pamplelune (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:28:11 PM

Here is a quite big list of dead coins and scam projects you may find interesting:
https://deadcoins.com/

dsdsdndn
Copper Member

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 11:35:12 PM

yes, and I'm a victim of lending ICO
after that I learn a lot and I never invest in any ICO, just wait after they listed on the exchange, then I started to invest
I think, better to be a trader than investor
Pamplelune (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

yes, and I'm a victim of lending ICO
after that I learn a lot and I never invest in any ICO, just wait after they listed on the exchange, then I started to invest
I think, better to be a trader than investor

Sorry to hear that mate. Lendings appeared to be a huge problem for the reputation of crypto.
And yes, it sounds like a good idea to purchase tokens after ICO on the current bearish market.
As for trading, from my experience it will take years to become a successful investor or trader.

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

80% scams in which way, as in like leaving with all the money right away (like a planned scam) or did they just not manage to deliver?

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Pamplelune (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:07:31 PM

80% scams in which way, as in like leaving with all the money right away (like a planned scam) or did they just not manage to deliver?

My guess they are talking about planned scams and technically failed ICOs that never refunded their investors.

JavaScript forever

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:10:04 PM

Actually it's the truth, they run ICO for only one purpose, get money from us, after that they get disappear.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 02:10:58 PM

and 20% does not perform good at all now. This is clear when you look at the dominance of bitcoin now.

vovanlau2

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:22:49 PM

I hope no more scam/low-quality ICOs in this year. Some projects failed, not mean they're scam.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: