Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:17:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EXPIRED] [BOUNTY] 1000 BTC for getting a major business to accept Bitcoin  (Read 9386 times)
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 01:58:02 AM

Bounty been paid or found yet?

Ive got a possible company looking at bitcoin integration, excess of 150m per year.

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:25:30 AM

Just want to know if this bounty is still good since it says that it would end New Year's Eve of 2011.  The time was very short as most businesses at that level would take almost a year to make a final decision.  If it is still good I have been talking to my store director at Best Buy as well as on their suggestion DB and they seem interested.  In fact they have asked me to write up a presentation which I just completed and will submit sometime this week to the store director and/or corporate leaders.  Let me know if I will qualify for the bounty because I would like it. Cheesy

Sorry, the bounty is closed already. Hopefully someone else would be willing to donate for the cause.

Looks like it's too late QK

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:15:16 AM

Just want to know if this bounty is still good since it says that it would end New Year's Eve of 2011.  The time was very short as most businesses at that level would take almost a year to make a final decision.  If it is still good I have been talking to my store director at Best Buy as well as on their suggestion DB and they seem interested.  In fact they have asked me to write up a presentation which I just completed and will submit sometime this week to the store director and/or corporate leaders.  Let me know if I will qualify for the bounty because I would like it. Cheesy

Sorry, the bounty is closed already. Hopefully someone else would be willing to donate for the cause.

The thread title needs to change then.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 04:50:29 PM

The thread title needs to change then.

Agreed.

Jamesbond1991

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:07:20 AM

satoshi here
breaktime

Activity: 272
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:33:46 AM

Yes this is satoshi Grin Grin Grin

he is always present but never say one word  since 2014 Grin Grin Grin

Thank you Satoshi Wink Wink Wink
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 03:07:16 AM

From Linode's Lee Matos:

I do not know of our plans to accept bitcoins as payment. I think that it is safe to say that we will not be accepting bitcoins until they widely used across the public sector. I hope this helps!

I presume this type of hesitation to accept bitcoins until bitcoins are 'widely used across the public sector' is prevalent excuse across many businesses, and without any of them taking initiation and instead preserving hesitation, then there will never be an established 'wide use across the public sector.'

I don't expect that the government will ever accept bitcoins.
governments with strong currencies wont accept bitcoins

governments with traditionally weak ones like simbabwe will

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 03:09:55 AM

I doubt that any business with 100 millions USD of revenue would accept bitcoins right now. Do you realize how much a 1% shift in Bitcoin price (which happens everyday) would affect the company? Million dollar companies don't play the roulette with their revenues. Every dollar is accounted for.

the main problem of companies is less bitcoins volatility but its dividability, how can you liquidate, bitcoin when you have to pay 1000 employees?

regards

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: