Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:21:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Professional Writing/Editing Services  (Read 1172 times)
ErgoOne (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:45:44 PM

I am a technical writer and editor with twenty years experience in the field.  I've worked professionally to document products and services in the following fields: web application security, network and server traffic management/load balancing, business-related client-server products, radiotherapy devices used in cancer treatment, power generation and transmission technologies, and environmental engineering.  However, a good technical writer's best skill is not what they know, but that they can learn almost anything with a small amount of lead time.  I'm a quick study, and I love to learn. :-)  I'm also a good developmental and copy editor with extensive experience with business and academic writing, in addition to technical writing.

I'm employed full-time, but occasionally take outside writing and editing jobs for variety and because they often give me a chance to learn something new or work with somebody new.  I have decided to start accepting BTC in payment for that work.  My standard rate in US $ is $50/hr for businesses, $25/hr for graduate students or professors who want editing help for a paper, thesis or dissertation, and varies between that for other types of work.  My rates in BTC are 2 BTC/hr for businesses, 1 BTC/hr for academia.

If you have a project that you would like to discuss, please check my web site (www.ergosphere.net) under "ErgoOne" for my resume and contact information. 
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSpanishGuy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 08:56:21 PM

hey!
I'm offering my services as translator, my rates are just in my signature.  Just in case you would like to resell my services. Smiley
That way you can offer your writtings in spanish too!!!  Smiley

good luck with your business!
ErgoOne (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 11:27:12 PM

hey!
I'm offering my services as translator, my rates are just in my signature.  Just in case you would like to resell my services. Smiley
That way you can offer your writtings in spanish too!!!  Smiley

good luck with your business!

Hablaba el Español cuando era muchacha mas bueno como hablo, pero lo hablo bastante bien por una gringa. Wink  ¿Tiene usted un web page con informacion sobre sus calificaciones, y con información de contacto?

Seriously, I'd like to have a Spanish translator available (and some other languages), but would need to find out more about your background first.  So email me and give me your web URL, and a summary of your background and qualifications.  If you don't have a web page, perhaps I can help you get one set up.  Having a native speaker (as opposed to someone of my pedestrian Spanish skills) available would defintely be a plus in my line of work.  Thanks!
TheSpanishGuy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:44:51 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2011, 04:57:44 PM by TheSpanishGuy

Seriously, I'd like to have a Spanish translator available (and some other languages), but would need to find out more about your background first.  So email me and give me your web URL, and a summary of your background and qualifications.  If you don't have a web page, perhaps I can help you get one set up.  Having a native speaker (as opposed to someone of my pedestrian Spanish skills) available would defintely be a plus in my line of work.  Thanks!

Translation of your post...
En serio, me gustaría tener disponible a un traductor de español (y algunos otros lenguajes), pero necesitaria primero saber más sobre tus conocimientos. Así pues, envíame un email, y pásame tu página web y un resumen de tus conocimientos y tus calificaciones.  Si no tienes una página web, quizás pueda ayudarte a poner una en marcha. Tener un nativo (al contrario de alguien con mi conocimiento común del Español) sería, definitivamente, un plus en mi linea de trabajo. Gracias!
Smiley

Well, right now I work developing marketing campaigns for a Scuba Diving School here in Spain, so I'm not working as a proffesional translator. But since I learned english in a british school and I used to work in adidas translating texts for the web page (Always english > spanish), I thought it could be a good thing to do with my free time in order to earn some bitcoins Smiley

As you will see, i don't have any problem to express myself in english but as my mother tongue is Spanish i think its safer if i always translate from english to spanish and not the other way around, but if you ask me for a Spanish > English translation I can also do it. Smiley

If you want, I can create myself a new google account for this, so you can send me your texts to that address (that way i'll have the notification in real time in my mobile). Then I would send you all the texts translated and if you're happy with them you can send me the bitcoins.

I also live with a Scottish girl, so if there's something i don't understand, she will help me (just in case you worry about my english skills).

i look forward to hearing from you!! Thanks! Smiley

UPDATE: my new email address is texttospanish@gmail.com
bitcola

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 07:28:41 PM

What are your per word rates for writing?

ErgoOne (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 05:30:47 PM

Most technical writers doing work for hire don't charge per word, but I would agree to a rate of US $ 0.05/word for academic or research writing, US $ 0.10/word for commercial or professional writing.  The equivalent in today's bitcoins would be approximately BTC 0.01/word.  (Bitcoins seem to be hovering at an exchange rate of $5.00 US to 1 BTC.) 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: