Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:40:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think Hodl is most overrated term used in crpyto  (Read 1774 times)
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 06:56:45 AM

That is why as a newbie you need to do your own research on a certain project that you wanted to invest or waste your money in. There are lots of promising altcoins in the cryptomarket but there's no assurance that if you hodl you will surely profit. Even in bitcoin which is the most trustworthy coin to invest, if you don't have the perfect timing when to cashout your profits then you might end up losing it all. It's all about knowing when to stop at the right time.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:04:38 AM

HODL is indeed an overrated term. People think that hodl is solution to all the risk and volatility of cryptos. This makes people think that hodling every damn coin is going to earn them huge ROI. Shit coins have lifetime of maximum of a year. People loose their whole investment by hodling such coins. Hodl is good for large cap coins that too in bearish phase. People do a big mistake of hodling through the bullish phase as well.

Investors should try to understand the market situation before developing the market strategy and whether to go long, mid or short term.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:10:24 AM

"Hodl" is word used to much in crypto space but i think hodl can be dangerous for newbies mostly they will be shilled and hodl a shitcoin or hodl a solid coin for too long and wouldn't sell when time was right you will end up like me as there was time when i could buy tesla now i can only buy honda.
At the same time, buying and simply keeping coins and tokens can save newcomers from ill-considered actions. However, in general, simply retaining coins becomes meaningless, especially with respect to old coins, which are no longer so rapidly growing in value. At the same time for fresh coins with a good prospect of growth, this tactic still remains relevant.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:12:41 AM

HODL is truly the most used term, but to me it is not at all an over rated thing. Till date to my knowledge people who have been holding for a long has profited good through cryptocurrency. Even now holding gives profit, and one who doesn't believe in this fact can just buy a small amount and experiment and understand the reality.
hi-blessings

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 07:25:30 AM

Yes, hodl is a common term used in the world of Cryptocurrency. I never knew what it actually means at first when I started my Crypto career, would think may be the writer made a mistake while writing/typing it. I was so surprised the day I got to know that it's being spelt intentionally like that and its full meaning is: Hold On for Dear Life (HODL).
No knowledge is a waste!
View_style

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:44:00 PM

I agree with you. Nochichek can not understand the value of different coins. I had this situation. I was advised to keep the coins, I held. Now I have empty coins.
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:20:10 PM

The term HODL is not overrated at all. What sence does it make to sell your cryptocurrency at a time like this when you will most likely be doing it at loss. We have to understand that holding encourages scarcity which will eventually help the price of Bitcoin to rise.
Jaybitcoin2018

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:33:35 PM

Well, it does'nt matter if the terms of hodl is over rated because its your strategy of getting earnings yo your coin. Maybe your hodling coins in a long term are one of shit coins that is hard to recover it during the bear market. Or else there you are not happy with the coin that is why your making panic sell.
cathat

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TEMCO

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:08:46 PM

Probably yes, because it is used everywhere and every person which is in crypto is familiar with this term

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:26:29 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that. You just have to apply each coin individually. Some coins are not worth keeping for a long time, and for some it will be the only way. All the more there are many examples, when precisely the holding helped people become rich. Therefore, you should always analyze each coin and determine the strategy for it.

CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:27:37 PM

The hold is the best way to avoid losing money when the market falls. As the cryptos rate falls, the sentiment of most investors will be panic, anxiety, a sense of distrust in the market leading to panic sell to cut losses and serious losses. So at the moment, the exchange rate is down, hold and continue to invest as soon as the exchange rate is lowest.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
classictee

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 10:33:25 PM

Yes it is true hold is the most overrated term used in crypto currency. It is because if you hold and the price rises, you will surely make huge profit. But when you sell when the price is down, there is certain you will make loss. Then hold is the best for newbie.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:36:57 PM

It is reasonable to think like that because I was caught in the same trap in my beginnings, when I was holding some crazy stuff thinking that it would gain the price and I was so convinced about that.

If you hold the best of the coin from the market you would know that it is not over rated  and really holding becomes the key for such coins. But when you are talking about the ICO coins which falls om the few days of the listing those are the coins you would like to sell it quickly.

I consider that it is necessary to be able to react quickly. Because of the current state of the market, many people have frozen money as well as me.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:41:13 PM

The term, 'hold' is overrated but because the circumstance of the market situation allows for such usage. Holding, in fact in fluctuated markets does become more popular.
mobuna8az

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:47:24 PM

The hold is the best way to avoid losing money when the market falls. As the cryptos rate falls, the sentiment of most investors will be panic, anxiety, a sense of distrust in the market leading to panic sell to cut losses and serious losses. So at the moment, the exchange rate is down, hold and continue to invest as soon as the exchange rate is lowest.
Yes, I agree with you. Holding is the best strategy to get profits at the same time can push up prices if the market is down. Selling when it has to go down will only make a part of it disappear and the market will decline even more.
deepcryptomine

Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:11:34 PM

Well I agree completely. I learned it the hard way. I am still hodling some of the shitcoins. In crypto I have seen that hodling doesn't work for most of the coins.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:18:59 PM

according to current market situation you may be right but there will be time in future where you will see the actual meaning of hold. yes i agree that people are in loss now because of holding but they will get the reward as well because of holding.
Ricowavy

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:23:19 PM

This current bearish market has defiled all strategies that are known to be working in the cryptoverse in the past. I mean hodling was the coolest thing before but right now, the value of tokens just keep plunging downward. Long term investments has been bastardized no thanks to this current bearish market.
hackzang12

Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:39:50 PM

Hodl is like Hold on dear life, If you really valued it's potential then hodl. There's no reason to sell coins. Yes it's overrated coz if you really wanted to be rich and focus on the idea on holding coins then stay while it's hot.
Script

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:50:01 PM

Yes! Finally, someone finds that hodl is just a meme. How many people use this word? And how much of them understand what is going on on market?

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: