Bitcoin Forum
October 12, 2024, 04:20:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think Hodl is most overrated term used in crpyto  (Read 1813 times)
poloollec

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:11:33 PM

It is the key and if you are able to do that well then you are going to win it.
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:09:24 PM

I don't agree with you that the principle of HODL is most overrated. As far as I have seen, the principle of holding is the only thing that guarantees a novice or newbie a return on their investment. This means that you can still make profit just by holding your cryptocurrency for a period of time.
lolland

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:11:12 PM

That's really depends on what you hodl, you hold bitcoins and you will have a save investment. Hodling Altcoins can be a very good investment if people want to buy that coins, but whan something more fun shows up. you will lose money.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:25:22 PM

That's why hodl and trade are not for the everyone. You hodl about 9 months ago, when the bitcoin price was 19K USD, ETH Price was 1400 USD! So, you want the money back after 9 months! Did you hold only for nine months? Then it is wrong! Try to lesson from this. Hodl means that money you don't need for a long time, hodl means almost investment! You can't want your money back after 9 months after investment! Always try to hodl good coins, not every coin what you have!

And yes, this is not an overrated word or something like that. A lot of people get rich only by holding!

BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:27:05 PM

When there is uncertainty about the current exchange rate, there is no other way than to hold the cryptos and wait until the exchange rate rises. If the volatility is unstable, investors are likely to sell all of the cryptos they own to cut losses. But my advice is always to hold because the exchange rate after the fall will increase rapidly.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
dobidobi88

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:30:53 PM

When there is uncertainty about the current exchange rate, there is no other way than to hold the cryptos and wait until the exchange rate rises. If the volatility is unstable, investors are likely to sell all of the cryptos they own to cut losses. But my advice is always to hold because the exchange rate after the fall will increase rapidly.

Yes, the best strategy for dealing with a falling market like today is to keep holding. Stay calm and be patient waiting for an increase is a step that must be done to achieve the profit target.
capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:57:35 PM

Before you hodl any token, do extensive research about the project use case in the case. There are some many project that looks good on paper but there use case is nothing to write home about. Hodlers in some few cases always have the lion share. But i have made a resolution to hodl the top five coin in the coinmarketcap for long term while i have some few other coins that are resting in my portfolio already. All thanks to the dip as i bought more.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:59:16 PM

Its good if you have a job and you plan to invest money in crypto for a long run but for some of us which crypto is daily work and earnings best thing is to trade and try to get the best out of each trade
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1214

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:00:45 AM

From my understanding it is not at all over rated, what the users of cryptocurrency at present expect is an instant profiting which is not the right thing. In the past people used to buy and keep hold for a longer time period which resulted in massive growth after years profiting big. So, more we hold more will be the profiting doesn't look to be a over rated term.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:20:53 AM

I agree. I never advised newbies to hodl unless the coin they were hodling were in top 10 or at least top 5. I also tell them to do some research to know the basics and history of a coin. However, a coins previous performance doesn't mean that it will do the same thing in the future. I also tell them that if they are happy with the price. They can sell their coin and move on to the next coin investment.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:35:07 AM

Holding is the best you can do on investing of course holding needs to have patience from the holder itself. For the newbie concerned most of them do not hold for the benefit of the doubt and lack of experience and after they learned and knowledgeable enough this was the time for them to decide to hold or do panic selling in times like dumping and pumping.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
SEEEP ZEEBOLOGI

Activity: 232
Merit: 36

ZERO

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:38:55 AM

I agree because I've also experienced it. I held shitcoin for too long until it all evaporated. I always feel confused when I have to sell it.

ZERO
Buladig

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:36:04 AM

"Hodl" is word used to much in crypto space but i think hodl can be dangerous for newbies mostly they will be shilled and hodl a shitcoin or hodl a solid coin for too long and wouldn't sell when time was right you will end up like me as there was time when i could buy tesla now i can only buy honda.
right, many say that hodl is the best decision, but in my opinion hodl is not always the best decision, because prices can be destroyed after we hold it for too long.
I once held a few coins in order to get more benefits, but it turned out the opposite, the price of coins that I held was destroyed and worthless.
Fishthatgirl3

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:38:02 AM

"Hodl" is word used to much in crypto space but i think hodl can be dangerous for newbies mostly they will be shilled and hodl a shitcoin or hodl a solid coin for too long and wouldn't sell when time was right you will end up like me as there was time when i could buy tesla now i can only buy honda.

That is really not true for everything.
I have been holding and trading a lot of coins and also stocks and it seems to me so far, my trading portfolio never overperforms my holding one in term of years.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 02:51:59 AM

Holding is the best you can do on investing of course holding needs to have patience from the holder itself. For the newbie concerned most of them do not hold for the benefit of the doubt and lack of experience and after they learned and knowledgeable enough this was the time for them to decide to hold or do panic selling in times like dumping and pumping.

The mistake is that when you hold a coin that would have no value after a few years that's why hold is not applicable to all coins. I made the mistake of holding a coin and now, it is almost worthless when in fact, it even reach thousands of dollars in price before and then after just a year, its worth is only $10 which is why you choose what coins to hodl because there are coins that are only worth something for sometime and when the investors are done with it, they would find another coin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
jaryfaaad

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:01:59 PM

You will surely be rewarded if you can wait for a few years.
HerreraMJ

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:35:51 PM

Well, hodling is more suited for newbies in the cryptocurrency world, and it is a method that keeps bringing results, probably not at the moment because the market is kind of down, but that doesn't mean it's reliability isn't there still.

P H I L A N T H O R  ▾  Revolutionising the Philanthropy World  ▾  https://www.philanthor.com/
dobladi

Activity: 345

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:40:06 PM

I'm not surprised because volatility is in nature of cryptos. The sudden changes from time to time is what pushes the investors and bounty hunters to hold their tokens at a moment in order to earn bigger profit in the future. Especially at times like this wherein the market itself is on downtrend and most of the cryptos are highly affected by the downfall of their market value.

Specctrall

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:44:15 PM

agree with you for a long hold there is a time and when the market falls almost a whole year is not worth keeping your coins.
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:47:18 PM

Hold can help you avoid losses at a time of falling exchange rates and make a high return on exchange rates, but that depends on the cryptos you are holding. If you hold altcoins, you will probably lose a lot, just hold when you invest in BTC and ETH only, because at present only two cryptos are suitable for the long-term hold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: