Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closing]Mining Company Closing with 3.3 GHash/s - JLP-BMD  (Read 31610 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 04:04:42 AM

Not a current shareholder but i'd like to say I like what I've been reading.  Mostly just from the point of the very transparent nature of your daily operations. It is very refreshing. I see you are struggling with some things but keep it going like you are and all will be awesome!!

Cheers,
    Derek

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:40:51 PM

We have started renting out contracts again, so yay! Rig 1 is significantly stabler without the faulty GPU in it, so I felt comfortable offering rental services once again. We currently have 200,000 shares purchased for 8.5 BTC.

I hate to keep asking for people to buy shares as quickly as possible, but it is in everyone's best interest to buy up this secondary offering as soon as possible. We currently have ~$400 USD worth of equipment doing nothing because it doesn't have the necessary parts to operate.

All I need to allow this rig to run is a PSU ($300) and fans ($130). This would allow me to move Rig 1's 5970s into Rig 2, where they would run much cooler, and extend their running life.

What size PSU are you in need of?

sadpandatech

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:57:41 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2011, 09:12:22 PM by sadpandatech

I'm looking for Corsair AX1200s.

If anyone could link me a PSU that has:
<20mV of ripple on the 12V rail (GPU Stability)
Basically 90% efficiency (Power Consumption)
A 7 year warranty (In case of anything bad happening electrically)
1,200W output (4 5970s draw a lot of power)
For less than an AX1200 ($300 USD)

I'll take it. Or if anyone has a working, used AX1200 I'll gladly trade shares for it.

I hate to be extremely picky here, but these are the best PSUs I've seen

Will save you a few bucks anyhows;
  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817194092&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Power+Supplies-_-Enermax-_-17194092
Review; http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/09/06/enermax_platimax_1200w_power_supply_review/8

Antec HCP 1200 - Recommended. 99% max wattage available to 12v rails. Over 88% efficient at ~1200w
  http://www.amazon.com/Antec-HCP-1200-Energy-Certified-Supply/dp/B004DBA2O6
Review; http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/10/24/antec_high_current_pro_1200w_power_supply_review/

Edit; max load ripple reads for Antec; http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/HCP-1200/7.html

Corsair Ax1200; 85% Eff at 1186 DC W, amazing low ripple. 3 reviews all listing it <30Mv

I'm still partial to the Antec with its mammoth available juice to the 12v rail and overall efficiency.  And, these guys here selling one for $215 +shipping is insane; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DBA2O6/ref=sc_pgp__m_A5YB1DFQD8C8M_3?ie=UTF8&m=A5YB1DFQD8C8M&n=&s=&v=glance

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:14:34 PM

Ok, so I'm going to shave off $85 USD and go for the Antec HCP 1200. I loose a bit of warranty, but everything else seems to be in order.

I edited in another link on Amazon there for one even cheaper. I did not look into the listing company though.

- GA

likuidxd

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:22:10 PM

Yea, I have a HCP-1200. It's a beast of a PSU and runs cool and quiet

likuidxd

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:25:12 PM

And your other requirements to get the other rig up and running?

likuidxd

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:32:03 PM

$400 for case fans! Jesus! Are you buying nocuta's or deltas?

zapeta

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 10:11:03 PM

I just now saw this thread and I like your transparent operation. 

I noticed that you are having trouble with people undercutting the IPO shares that you are selling.  One way around that is to ask people to buy directly from you and then use the transfer option in GLBSE to send the shares.  The buyer would have to send the BTC to an address that you choose, and once the transaction is confirmed you could use the transfer option in GLBSE to send them their shares.  While it may be cheaper for the investor to buy the shares that are undercutting the IPO shares, it probably makes more sense to buy directly so the BTC actually ends up the the hands of the business.

Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 11:03:32 PM

I noticed that you are having trouble with people undercutting the IPO shares that you are selling.  One way around that is to ask people to buy directly from you and then use the transfer option in GLBSE to send the shares.  The buyer would have to send the BTC to an address that you choose, and once the transaction is confirmed you could use the transfer option in GLBSE to send them their shares.  While it may be cheaper for the investor to buy the shares that are undercutting the IPO shares, it probably makes more sense to buy directly so the BTC actually ends up the the hands of the business.

I was considering doing that, but I wasn't sure if anyone would take me up on that offer.
If anyone would like to buy shares directly from the company, pm me your glbse user id and I'll send you a payment address. Once payment is received, I will transfer 1 share to your id for every 0.25 BTC I receive

Can't we just put in a buy order and for the "Enter the price you are willing to pay" just enter 0.25 ?

I believe even if someone states they want to sell their shares for 0.25, they are placed after the IPO's shares...since they were posted first.
zapeta

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 11:19:25 PM

I was considering doing that, but I wasn't sure if anyone would take me up on that offer.
If anyone would like to buy shares directly from the company, pm me your glbse user id and I'll send you a payment address. Once payment is received, I will transfer 1 share to your id for every 0.25 BTC I receive

Can't we just put in a buy order and for the "Enter the price you are willing to pay" just enter 0.25 ?

I believe even if someone states they want to sell their shares for 0.25, they are placed after the IPO's shares...since they were posted first.

I think what you are entering is the maximum price you'd be willing to pay, so it would buy the 0.24 shares first.
Eveofwar

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 11:30:59 PM

I think what you are entering is the maximum price you'd be willing to pay, so it would buy the 0.24 shares first.

Correct. The system always sells the lowest price first, then, if all asking prices are the same, it sells the oldest ask first.

Well, shitty...just went through my Market History, and have paid 0.25 for all shares I own.  Makes me feel a little bit better, but the undercutting when all the IPO shares aren't all consumed is kinda sad still.
likuidxd

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 03:53:33 PM

There was an isp issue and fan speeds dropped; when the issue resolved, the fans soon back up, and the 5970 destabilized, and destroyed itself...fairly spectacularly. I woke up to a loud fan sounding like a blender with rocks in it, and the smell of burning circuits.

How does this happen? Are your fan speeds set to an auto setting? What are you using for overclocking?

likuidxd

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 04:07:04 PM

There was an isp issue and fan speeds dropped; when the issue resolved, the fans soon back up, and the 5970 destabilized, and destroyed itself...fairly spectacularly. I woke up to a loud fan sounding like a blender with rocks in it, and the smell of burning circuits.

How does this happen? Are your fan speeds set to an auto setting? What are you using for overclocking?

I'm using CGMiner for overclocking and fan control. The top limit of the fans is 85% so it wasn't a running too fast issue.

And sometimes things just happen. Albeit not often, but it does happen. Given this card was also a little over a year old, with fans running >50% at most times it was bring used, it just may have just had too much.

I must be missing something...the fan died? or The fan slowed down when it stopped hashing and didn't speed up in time as the card started hashing again causing it to overheat?

sadpandatech

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 04:21:09 PM

No, it spun back up, but it went off balance as it did so, and destroyed itself as a result.

CGMiner is nice in it's auto fan control in that instead of waiting to spin up until the temp gets high enough, it puts the fans at 85% whenever the gpu is active, then slows them down until a temp equaliberium, that the user sets, is reached. My temp is 60°c as it keeps the   VRMs below 80°c.

CGminer should tweak that a bit so the fans don't go from 0 to 85% instantly. It should gradually, over the course of a few seconds get them up to max. That would've helped atleast a bit in the case.

- GA

likuidxd

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 04:24:44 PM

Oh! okay, I get it now. I don't use CGMiner, didn't know this was possible.

I'm not positive but, shouldn't you keep your fans at a static speed? If you have a target temp set for a fan control, wont the fan speeds be constantly changing? Wouldn't the constant variance in speed wear your fans faster?

I know from watching my cards with a static fan speed that the temps often dance around +/- 2°C. I would think that this would cause your fans to be constantly adjusting +/- 500-1000 rpms which would wear heavy on the fan.

Eveofwar

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 01:39:06 AM

Spreadsheet hasn't been updated in a few days.  Dividend from Sunday wasn't paid out.  Replacement 5970 was supposed to arrive on Monday.  What's being done about the 2nd down'd 5970 ?  Haven't seen a post from you in a bit, just wanting a status update with how things are going, as well as other shareholders I believe.

Thanks
zapeta

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 11:00:10 PM

I'm also debating on whether or not to rent my personal psu to Rig 2 until the necessary funds come in to buy its own. I'll put a motion up for this soon.

That should cover just about everything. If you have any questions let me know.

How much wattage do you need for the power supply for rig 2?
sadpandatech

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 12:03:05 AM

I'm also debating on whether or not to rent my personal psu to Rig 2 until the necessary funds come in to buy its own. I'll put a motion up for this soon.

That should cover just about everything. If you have any questions let me know.

How much wattage do you need for the power supply for rig 2?

With 4 5970s, it'll need ~1,200 watts.

I forgot all about you discussing the new psu. How much more fundage do you need to get it? Still not a shareholder but that would be a good enough reason to go grab a few up.

- GA

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 11:02:25 AM

Any updates?
Eveofwar

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 07:12:41 PM

Last Active:    January 03, 2012, 09:15:28 PM

Can you please provide us with an update ?

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: