Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Worth To Be Currency?  (Read 15653 times)
Aiiimm

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:38:56 PM

Bitcoin is worth to be a currency and it is accepted as thes best currency now for me. There is so many currency now but o think bitcoin ia the best ia all meets the requirments as you can see.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:28:58 PM

Since the bitcoin has a value in the market and it was use as financial transaction in the market then for me it is worth it to be a currency actually it is already a currency in the internet world.Bitcoin has already prove itself when it terms of value so for me being stable over the year in the market is a good qualification for a good currency.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:46:47 PM

Bitcoin is a system of transactions that is easy and safe, compared to the bank system, of course bitcoin is more suitable to be an option to send and receive money, I am sure that the use of bitcoin will continue to increase so it deserves to be said international currency.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:20:23 PM

The future of BTC is likely to be the same as that of gold, which is one of the investment methods with stable price and can protect assets. Therefore, the future of BTC is very promising.

Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:26:58 PM

Due to the volatility of bitcoin's value as of now it will never be worthy to be a currency. For me personally I find bitcoin more as a store of value rather than use it as a currency for the fees are so high and sometimes slow transactions speed. Maybe few years from now when its value will be more stable then we could say that bitcoin is really worthy to be come a currency and use it in our everyday transactions.
It is better to be a universal currency for people to used in transaction inside and outside their own country. Where they does not need to look for other currency just to deal with transaction and to have an investment and trade to earn in other places.
mbenga

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:31:00 PM

This seems very obvious for me that bitcoin is worthy to became currency, but it is far from being ready to become a currency. Because who would like to have the prices in the grocery store which would be so unstable as bitcoin is?
gasanali

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:11:53 PM

I think the Bitcoin is still not ready to become a currency. Better to keep it as investments asset, till the time, when it will be ready to be a currency. Maybe it will take up to 3 years from now.
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:27:07 PM

I don't describe bitcoin as a currency worth the characteristics of the fiat. Well, it is more at the level of gold and other precious metals. The only difference is that, it is a digital asset. The volatility rate of bitcoin is too high. This is the reason why many great persons have heard of the coin yet do not want to risk their investments. If you bought one bitcoin at the price of 20,000USD then you have probably lost 13,000USD over a period of 7month.
Btcmicel

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:50:37 PM

I don't describe bitcoin as a currency worth the characteristics of the fiat. Well, it is more at the level of gold and other precious metals. The only difference is that, it is a digital asset. The volatility rate of bitcoin is too high. This is the reason why many great persons have heard of the coin yet do not want to risk their investments. If you bought one bitcoin at the price of 20,000USD then you have probably lost 13,000USD over a period of 7month.

I think bitcoin is worth to be a currency because it is a first digital currency at this point. Even if the price is so volatility but still we can called it an investment asset like gold.
talenah kotang

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:21:03 PM

I think bitcoin is not yet worthy of being a currency, indeed many countries have accepted it but maybe because of its fluctuating value there are still many countries that have not legalized. Bitcoin is currently more suitable as an investment but if its value is stable then bitcoin is worthy of being a currency in all countries.
bilyboy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:27:46 PM

Discuss about bitcoin and cryptocurrency. For me, this is an interesting topic because bitcoin issues are often the talk, including confusion in many quarters. What is cryptocurrency? What is bitcoin? How does the regulator respond to the development of the current crypto currency? And how is the bitcoin phenomenon going forward?

In its purest form, cryptocurrency or crypto currency is a kind of electronic cash that can be sent directly from person to person (peer-to-peer) without going through financial institutions, or banks. Generally if we are currently sending funds or money to other parties, of course, must be processed through the bank. In this case, the bank serves as an intermediary. Well in this crypto technology, the payment is made directly without an intermediary. Transactions conducted between two parties in a network are then verified through a specific encoding process or cryptography. Well, Bitcoin is one of the existing cryptocurrency types, and is popular. In addition to Bitcoin there are more than a few crypto currencies similar to various names, such as ethereum, litecoin, etc. Many of these crypto currencies are short of devotees until they die one by one. In Bitcoin, if there are transactions of two persons, the other party in the network that can decode or verify the occurrence of the transaction, will be rewarded with bitcoin. This step is known as mining bitcoin (mining).

From what I've learned before, that David Yermack, researcher at the Bureau of Economic Research, New York University (2016) that bitcoin still fails to meet the criteria as a currency. It cites the basic functions of a currency, the medium of exchange, the a store of value, and the unit of account. Of the three criteria, bitcoin does not qualify as money. Yermack doubts that bitcoin can be a currency or means of payment acceptable to today's audiences. I agree with the analysis. If we look at bitcoin volatility in recent years is very high, much higher than the existing currency. This has an impact on the difficulty of calculating the short-term risks of bitcoin. In addition, the exchange rate of bitcoin in the day to day does not correlate at all with any currency in the world, nor with commodities such as gold for example. This makes bitcoin useless in risk management and difficult for the owner to hedge.

Let's look at one by one the money function on bitcoin for more details. First, as a medium of exchange. Bitcoin has no intrinsic value, so its value will depend largely on its usefulness in the economy or consumption. But in reality, today is still very small parties who use bitcoin in everyday life to make various payments. Few traders (merchants) are willing to accept bitcoin. Some countries such as Japan, for example, allow bitcoin to be used as a means of payment (not as legal tender or legal currency). But if we go to Japan, just a few, not to say very little, the store is willing to accept payment with bitcoin. Especially in other countries, including Indonesia. In other words, payments using bitcoins are currently very rare.

Second, as a unit of account. For users or buyers, we certainly look for ease in buying goods. For example, a bowl of chicken noodles cost Rp 25 thousand, a cup of coffee costs Rp 15 thousand. This will make it easy to calculate. But in the use of bitcoin, various problems arise, mainly due to its extreme volatility. The value of bitcoin can vary drastically from minute to minute. This makes it difficult for the seller to determine the price of an item. In addition, there is no uniform or fixed market price associated with bitcoin. I also tried to check on some bitcoin markets around the world, and the prices vary. This disparity, in the theory of market value, violates the law of one price for a currency. Why breaking? Because it is open most likely people to do arbitrage in the same market (buy cheap and sell high in commodities and the same time).

Third, as a store of value. When a currency serves as a store of value, the owner certainly has the expectation that the currency he holds can be obtained easily and can be redeemed for future goods or services as needed. The economic value of goods or services purchased in the future is expected to be equal to the money used or stored now.

From the above analysis it can be seen that Bitcoin, according to Yarmeck (2016), still can not meet the criteria as money because it has the deficiencies as above. Generally people currently hold bitcoin instead of being used as a means of payment, but rather to speculative investment. Bitcoin is also increasingly difficult to accept because it is disconnected with the payment system and banking in many countries, because most authorities in the world forbid it to be used as a means of payment.

Its hard to bitcoin worth to currency. Because all of the world already have their currency, dollar,  yuan,  yen, etc. And currency have a physical(IYKWIM). Bitcoin is a digital currency, if bitcoin want to be currency. Bitcoin must have physical to trade in daily life.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:43:38 PM

I think bitcoin is not yet worthy of being a currency, indeed many countries have accepted it but maybe because of its fluctuating value there are still many countries that have not legalized. Bitcoin is currently more suitable as an investment but if its value is stable then bitcoin is worthy of being a currency in all countries.
I believe bitcoin deserves to be a real currency in the future because it has its own potentials more from what fiat currencies have.But because it is decentralized in nature,it cannot be adopted as a currency for now,but maybe in the long run as people awareness had increased,its essence as a currency will be adopted too by the government.

Wong owah

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:37:01 AM

bitcoin is very feasible for world currencies, because bitcoin is good if it is made into the world currency, everyone already uses bitcoin as a currency and transacts.
rickyharun

Activity: 197
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:42:26 AM

bitcoin is very feasible for world currencies, because bitcoin is good if it is made into the world currency, everyone already uses bitcoin as a currency and transacts.
if bitcoin is used for payment instruments it is likely to be acceptable. but if it is used to replace the official fiat currency, I think it will be difficult to implement.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:34:06 AM

As an investment it's very good since it has a very volatile and people can take advantage of it by buying and selling at the right time. Although the same volatility hinders crypto currency to be used as a currency being that no businessman would want to use a volatile currency because then they have to deal with different prices all the time.

scoin9

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 06:18:42 AM

Bitcoin is extremely useful today , it's an incorruptible means of storing and transferring value which is used by millions of people today. Just like Gold and fiat which help store and transfer value BTC is worth being used as a legal tender and should be adopted by countries.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 06:26:36 AM

not too valuable as a currency, but very valuable as an investment asset. because yes, bitcoin volatility makes it difficult to determine value as a currency.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:12:13 AM

bitcoin is worth been a currency i mean bitcoin is already a currency, a digital currency though, but personally i would want bitcoin to remain that way, A DIGITAL CURRENCY, because bitcoin becoming a fiat currency will greatly affect the value of bitcoin, because at that point, bitcoin will be donominated into fracions, notes and coins, so we may then have 100btc notes, 500btc notes 50btc coin. this may not be good for bitcoineers.
BayView20

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:29:54 PM

I agree. Its spreads all over the world.
ReactionClever58

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:30:34 PM

Btc is good but to be the main currency it will take a while.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: