Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:09:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] One of a Kind Historic Movie Poster From Private Collection of A List Star  (Read 110 times)
Stratobitz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:07:40 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2019, 10:35:43 AM by Stratobitz

SOLD

From the Private Collection/Estate of Actor

Bruce Willis
One of Hollywoods Biggest Movie Stars - Playing Lead Roles in Movies Like...
Armageddon,  Die Hard Trilogy,  Pulp Fiction,  The Fifth Element,  12 Monkeys,  The Sixth Sense,  The Expendables,   Oceans 13 and Many More...

One of a Kind Original 1953

"War of the Worlds"

Six-Sheet Movie Poster (81" x 81") Fully Restored / VF+ on Linen

Curated and Verified / Obtained through one of the Top 3 Global Auction Houses

TAKING OFFERS - SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE

From Willis's Private Collection. Fully Authenticated / Curated. [/b]

Please Be Patient for High Res Images to Load Smiley

Posting on behalf of a close friend, who lives near me, who is selling a few of his pieces as he currently doesn't have the room to display them. This Poster is a Six Sheet Original, measuring 81 x 81", for "War of the Worlds".

He is selling this particular piece because he is moving and does not have the proper space to display it in his new home. This poster was obtained from the private collection / estate auction of actor Bruce Willis. Fully documented; from one of the Top 3 Auction Houses Worldwide, verified with all documents.

The poster was purchased in VF condition on Linen. After purchase; he contacted the auction house about the linen age/having it re-backed and having additional restoration work done.

Through the auction house, he was put in contact with their restorationist, who took the poster, and had the following done:  De-backing from Linen; Wash, Re-Linen Backing to new Museum Acid Free Rag, the alignment on the 6 sections is fantastic. Light touch-up work was done using watercolor restoration methods. He had it backed with an additional 8" of canvas all the way around, and then the canvas (not the poster), was painted with black paint to cover the frame which was custom built by the restorationist to display it with the look of having a black border.

Six Sheets are difficult to frame, because glass and plexi are hard to find in 81" widths. Most Six and Three Sheets are displayed using the frame method used here.

The poster has since been on display in various galleries and studios and is now rolled and ready for auction.

The pictures speak for themselves. The poster is in exceptional condition, and would be graded as VF / VF+ Condition.

The frame is also included, which was custom built and assembles with the provided hardware.

The pictures speak for the piece itself. For a serious collector or someone with a space/home that has large walls that can accommodate such a piece.

The poster will be shipped in the original tubes used by the restorationist/auction house. They are 88" PVC tubes 8" in diameter with PVC Caps. They are crush proof. Shipping is available WORLDWIDE through buyers choice of insured and bonded carrier.

PRICE: TAKING OFFERS - BTC ACCEPTED / ESCROW OK BUT PLEASE CONTACT ME

Postage credit of $300 will be given to buyer, the remaining shipping and transit costs to be paid by buyer.  Poster and Frame will be shipped separately in two 8 foot 8" PVC Tubes with Caps.

Shipping Insurance Required.  Available to ship worldwide.

For additional information on the piece, please contact me via PM, I can either put you in touch directly with the Seller or answer the questions myself if I can.

Cheers!

Strato
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: