Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AvalonShenzhen SCAMMER  (Read 10082 times)
nottm28 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:46:49 PM

Here's his thread - pretty nasty piece of work and he's going to walk away with a pretty heft amount of peoples coins.

His thread is moderated, as soon as people ask for refunds or make any kind of complaint or raise any suspicion, the post is deleted almost immediately.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424621.0

This guy needs a scammer tag fast.

donations not accepted
nottm28 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:55:05 PM

Too late -looks like he's locked his thread now - about 5 minutes after I raised the scam accusation

donations not accepted
nottm28 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:57:24 PM

That's pretty shitty, I warned the moderators about this muppet and he was allowed to just carry on - now he is deleting over 15 pages of posts from his thread.

donations not accepted
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:02:41 PM

That's pretty shitty, I warned the moderators about this muppet and he was allowed to just carry on - now he is deleting over 15 pages of posts from his thread.

Have you left appropriate Trust?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
nottm28 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:04:33 PM

I didn't give this wanker any coins, I know better. But a lot of people have and it was a blatant scam that was simply allowed to happen - even though people were warning the moderators about him.

donations not accepted
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:07:13 PM

I didn't give this wanker any coins, I know better. But a lot of people have and it was a blatant scam that was simply allowed to happen - even though people were warning the moderators about him.

They won't do much, it's the individuals job to protect themselves. Post proof and he will get flagged.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:09:55 PM

Read through that thread, shady as hell. He even quoted people, changed what they asked, answered it, then deleted their original posts. I'm convinced this is a scam, and have left the appropriate trust on his profile.
nottm28 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:10:43 PM

They won't do much, it's the individuals job to protect themselves. Post proof and he will get flagged.

I have no proof as I didn't give him anything - no doubt a few people will be along here soon to post their grievances...

donations not accepted
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:19:14 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 03:29:53 PM by MiningBuddy

I warned the moderators about this muppet and he was allowed to just carry on
Guys, simple put we cannot hold your hands through everything, you need to use your own brain now-and-again.
We have a trust system that is used for exactly this, so please, start using the trust system more (no-one can delete trust ratings apart from the person who sent it).

Edit*: I just saw he deleted every single page on his thread so I have put in a request to hopefully restore the posts. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424621.0)

jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:24:09 PM

I lost 1.1 btc to AvalonShenzhen, there are others who lost 11 btc or more, I'm saying it not to make myself feel better but to raise the issue of how to stop this from happening in the future.

Why was he allowed to create a moderated thread? This is a big problem as I DID see a post by nottm28 but AvalonShenzhen deleted it almost immediately.

Why was he allowed to keep a moderated thread after others have raised warnings? The groupbuy thread should have been downgraded so he can't delete, modify, move or other typical scammer behavior to cover his butt and keep his lie going. If you CAN'T downgrade a self-moderated thread, then no one should be allowed to have such threads.

I was told, after the fact, that I should've looked into the Scam Accusation sub-forum. I did but there was no mention of AvalonShenzhen. I learned that people like nottm28 warned the moderator(s) here but they didn't do anything. Something is wrong, the system doesn't work as intended.

I was told, after the fact, that I and others should have used the Trust rating. In that case, no one with 0 trust should have been allowed to create a self-moderated thread, at the least.

This forum almost acts if it was made and works for scammers. Why point fingers at victims? It's ass-backward. It is similar to saying to the rape victims "Do not wear clothes that entice men." As long as this kind of attitude exists among the moderators, this forum will be a magnet to scammers like AvalonShenzhen.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:32:13 PM

I was the last one to send 1.1 btc two hours ago.

Sad
jamesc760

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:33:06 PM

I just re-read my post above and realized that I was being too harsh towards the moderators. I bear no ill feelings, maybe except to scammers. I believe the moderatos have a hard task. I think it's time to put in a more effective way to stop these scammers. I read somewhere that up to 75% of the groupbuys is scam. I think the numbers are a bit high but even if it's only 1%, it's still too high.

If people cared more, we can build a better system and better future for the buyers and sellers here on the forum. It will be good for bitcoins and adopters as well. But, I fear there's no will among us. We all know this episode will soon be forgotten. New suckers are born every minute, eh?
jamesc760

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:37:03 PM

Sad

Yes, I saw your post, just below my post about trying to get refund back to my wallet.

I am truly sorry as I know how you must be feeling. It's just awful. I have now been scammed twice in my whole life. I still count myself lucky. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive in the future. I won't let the scammer do more damage to me. I will forgive him and let karma work its magic as it always does.

James
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

Sad

Yes, I saw your post, just below my post about trying to get refund back to my wallet.

I am truly sorry as I know how you must be feeling. It's just awful. I have now been scammed twice in my whole life. I still count myself lucky. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive in the future. I won't let the scammer do more damage to me. I will forgive him and let karma work its magic as it always does.

James

For me this is the first time ever. I dont want "AvalonShenzen" to die or something similar, but I do feel like an idiot.

I saw your post about your refund, and that was a red alert for me, but AvalonShenzen answered to your post and I thought that he will return your btc, so I sent my btc.  

Now I know he was just buying time to take my money.

mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:58:38 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 05:29:16 PM by mine2slow

All of the BTC is still at the addy they posted

https://blockchain.info/address/1Mzyo7PYfsxNLyNWhnznUYfiX1Kf6LFqkh

except this output of 1.1

1def3a7e3010499ad46dce588bf56eacf2c0750cbb8d1badb8183aa536245a7d 2014-02-12 11:57:32

1Mzyo7PYfsxNLyNWhnznUYfiX1Kf6LFqkh

1EWcdENHBHQwKfbVRm8kSnmq4hjoEYmYJD  0.8499 BTC

18UKDvd1Ckq6e2tDTgAxpzVwFWzmWF5sdt    0.25 BTC

https://blockchain.info/tx/1def3a7e3010499ad46dce588bf56eacf2c0750cbb8d1badb8183aa536245a7d
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:58:42 PM

New account with a group buy? Sure, why not!

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:59:14 PM

Wasn't he taking PayPal?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

Wasn't he taking PayPal?
He had a batch 1 which he said he took PayPal for. There was 5 names of buyers. 3 were newbies that either had a join date of January 22 or 23rd. The other two were not even members of the forum. 2 of the newbies would post that they received their miners within 2 or 3 days of the batch 1 closing. When I asked about all this my post was deleted then when I asked for anybody to post a picture of a running miner again my post was deleted. So the batch 1 GB was all fake as was the PayPal that they had paid with.  I also posted about the batch 2 people which not one of them posted a thing on the GB thread. This GB stunk from the start and had so many red flags that it's sad.

Bitcoin Forum
Deleted Post
« Sent to: aurel57 on: February 12, 2014, 06:42:07 AM »
Reply with quote  Delete  
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Quote from: robbcarpdm on February 12, 2014, 12:59:11 AM
Would someone besides a newbie post pictures of the insides of their boxes?

Sorry but no pictures besides vendor....very odd for such a thread

Thank you

More than that... Batch 1   Had 5 buyers.. Which 3 are newbies all with join dates of the 22nd or 23rd and other 2 I can not find. Then batch 2 search their names... Can not find any of them and there is no post by any of them. Batch one buyer act like they got their miner in hand within 3 days and batch two just got tracking numbers emailed to them but not one of them posted a thing? Batch 3 are the suckers that will loose their BTC. I say this is more than just "very odd"

AvalonShenzhen

Activity: 1

Trust: -6: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Re: Miner order
« Sent to: aurel57 on: February 12, 2014, 06:44:31 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Quote  Reply  Delete  
Hello Aurel,

Sorry but I deleted your post.

I cannot accept that your first post in the group buy is to say that we are scaming.
You didn't buy something from us and you didn't not have any personnal experience with us except the info that I gave you....

I'm tired of all these kind of messages without any proof

Regards,
Report To Admin

AvalonShenzhen

Activity: 1

Trust: -6: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Re: Miner order
« Sent to: aurel57 on: February 12, 2014, 11:39:51 AM »
Quote  Reply  Delete  
Hello,

The goal of you post was only to make people thinking it is a scam.

It is not.

At the beginning, we received orderd directly on our email and we didn't ask their nickname on the forum. This why we put names and not nickname.

From the batch 3, we are asking to people who ordered to also confirm their order on the forum to have their nickname and avoid this issue.

If you were just asking the question, I would have answer you but no, it is more easy to try to ruin a group buy by doing insinuations...

If people don't receive their batch 2 or 3, in this case you can say it is a scam, but it is not the case and it won't!

Regards,

Bitcoin Forum
Deleted Post
« Sent to: aurel57 on: February 14, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »
Reply with quote  Delete  
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Waiting for someone to post pictures of a running miner here before I order.

Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:31:26 PM

Got scammed as well, lost 1.1 btc.. Have to apologize to nottm28, was thinking he saw everybody as a scammer... Now I know better...

Not too happy with the moderation though..

Just send you BTC for 1 unit.

TXID: c226b88e408458ed1716ae8c834ce632a839e09fc103167bb9f4224427e7b79a

Thanks.
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:20:36 PM

I dont want "AvalonShenzen" to die or something similar, but I do feel like an idiot.
well, wishing death people does bad karma even if they deserve it,
but i would grant him/her/them some nasty, nonlethal sdt's
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: