Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:09:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AvalonShenzhen SCAMMER  (Read 10082 times)
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:06:21 PM

I dont want "AvalonShenzen" to die or something similar, but I do feel like an idiot.
well, wishing death people does bad karma even if they deserve it,
but i would grant any scammer some nasty (nonlethal) std's
nottm28 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:13:09 PM

Got scammed as well, lost 1.1 btc.. Have to apologize to nottm28, was thinking he saw everybody as a scammer... Now I know better...

Not too happy with the moderation though..

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Just send you BTC for 1 unit.

TXID: c226b88e408458ed1716ae8c834ce632a839e09fc103167bb9f4224427e7b79a

Thanks.

I'll take the apology Maxximus007, but I have still have my doubts about you to be quite blunt...

donations not accepted
dtmcnamara

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:22:49 PM

I was taken for 5 units...

Here is a list of users on his batch 1-2 that are all linked to him:

NicolaeTT https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=227257
AlfonsoD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=226216
joehash https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=227233
Jicoli **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
Bitdreamer **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
Jeronico **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
Andrew **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
Krzyszt **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
MariusC **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
Reuan **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
Mathew **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
Sabine **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
William **NOT A MEMBER OF THE FORUM**
AndreyK https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=21373 NOT LINKED TO THE SCAM DUE TO THE CREATION DATE

We need to get the top 3 user names labeled as scammers in case he tried to do the same thing with them at a later date.

Helping stop scammers by giving negative trust thats visible.
Tips always accepted -
BTC 16BebiEjTEoZrd4MNyiHKyfEz9UMSeNoGH DOGE DKrXgYyrw4cNfv4sKkWs7oyTXaXVCqP23X
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:24:42 PM

I just re-read my post above and realized that I was being too harsh towards the moderators. I bear no ill feelings, maybe except to scammers. I believe the moderatos have a hard task. I think it's time to put in a more effective way to stop these scammers. I read somewhere that up to 75% of the groupbuys is scam. I think the numbers are a bit high but even if it's only 1%, it's still too high.

If people cared more, we can build a better system and better future for the buyers and sellers here on the forum. It will be good for bitcoins and adopters as well. But, I fear there's no will among us. We all know this episode will soon be forgotten. New suckers are born every minute, eh?

The answer, as a mod here already pointed out, is to use the various tools at your disposal, including your head. This is a good place to start. No amount of "system building" will make up for people's unwillingness to think and learn, rather you'll progressively give up various freedoms to whoever's tasked with thinking for you until you have none. This is Bitcoin, and that sort of system doesn't belong here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

That is bs talk, because decieving has nothing to do with "people's unwillingles to think".

How do you process wrong inputs? If inputs are corrupted, output will be too.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:56:46 PM

New account with a group buy? Sure, why not!
85 btc in a few hours - power of the Dumb Side.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:33:27 PM

I'm fucking sick of hearing people say use your brian, etc.

This forum has to answer for being part of people getting ripped off on a daily basis.  You have created an environment where the thieves get protection...plain and simple.

Something is going to be done about this.

WTF good does it do to flag them?  They just create new accounts and go on as if nothing ever happened.  Flagging them is a fucking waste of time.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:35:20 PM

go fuck yourself asshole.

Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:50:50 AM

I'm fucking sick of hearing people say use your brian, etc.

This forum has to answer for being part of people getting ripped off on a daily basis.  You have created an environment where the thieves get protection...plain and simple.

Something is going to be done about this.

WTF good does it do to flag them?  They just create new accounts and go on as if nothing ever happened.  Flagging them is a fucking waste of time.
Why would this forum be responsible for your carelessness? How is this, in any way, anyone's fault but your own?
Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:51:24 AM

Done. What now?
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:55:07 AM

again as predicted. did the neg trust not even make it any obvious to you guys? or did u just think im a troll?
maybe a better question is to ask if you guys even checked his trust feedback.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:58:54 AM

again as predicted. did the neg trust not even make it any obvious to you guys? or did u just think im a troll?

We have a winner! I watch as people blindly send funds to persons that are iffy at best and many even have negative Trust. What can you do?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
nottm28 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:01:57 AM

Done. What now?

Cigarette?

I saw your posts ahmed, pity they were deleted so quick. Never ceases to amaze me how this same perpetual gang of scammers can operate so easily on here. But when you see it's so easy to steal 80 BTC or about $50k, no wonder some sad b*startds think why should I get a job?

donations not accepted
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:03:58 AM

Done. What now?

Cigarette?

I saw your posts ahmed, pity they were deleted so quick. Never ceases to amaze me how this same perpetual gang of scammers can operate so easily on here. But when you see it's so easy to steal 80 BTC or about $50k, no wonder some sad b*startds think why should I get a job?

i know. and i definitly agree with you. thats why im so wary about buying anything from anyone on here without escrow. when he refused both that and paypal alarm bells started ringing. and then the real blow came when he deleted both and mine and barwizi's posts.

mcleo

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:06:22 AM

Here's what you guys need to do (I don't know if Irish law deviates from other legal frameworks):

1. Find a lawyer who is tech-saavy (a lawyer specializing in Technology).
2. Call lawyer, inform the lawyer of information that can be made available (his Safe-Mail e-mail address is a good start here)
3. Ensure you have proof that a contract of some sort was breached (his PMs and his thread ought to suffice).
4. Provide this to information to the lawyer

@ this point the lawyer should be able to elaborate on the next steps which would be:
5. Police report
6. Culminate all information into a court order/subpoena - issue this to SafeMail requesting every IP address associated with this account.

It is VERY likely that he is using Tor/VPN, but also very likely that he slipped up somewhere.
Do some digging in the IP trail; find one that doesn't bring you to a VPN / Tor node.

Use aforementioned information to subpoena/court order this ISP.  Get account holder name.

At this point -> local PD.

Account holder will probably deny involvement.
This is where your lawyer / PI will help you.

Cost for subpoenas are about $0 - $10.
Information to issue one could be between $0-$1,000.

Total process could be quite a bit, depending on how involved your lawyer is.

THE POINT here is that if your lawyer thinks he can track this person down and reclaim some money, he will do it because it's possible and it's in his/her best interest.

I am pursuing a Law Degree in Technology, but this information is purely from an amateur perspective.

You can find this guy because I guarantee that at some point in his quest, he fucked up.  
Unfortunately Bitcointalk isn't of help.  I bet those alt-accounts of his possess more information than AvalonShenzhen would like.  

iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:48:03 AM

Done. What now?

Now nothing douchebag.  You are a senior member of this forum and to post something as smug and arrogant as that makes you a fucking asshole. And as for whatever else this bullshit is that you aren't coming out and saying allow me to just point out a few things...

I'm not some skell trolling the forum for a way to burn people...I'm 40+ yrs old with a family and a job in real life.
I met someone who is on this forum in person and handed them a nice chunk of change for a piece of hardware.  There was no bullshit...no story...no drama & no problems.  He handed me the hardware and I handed him an envelope full of money.

I came to this forum because it seemed to be the best place to learn and get involved in this grand experiment but the more time I spend here the more I see what the true purpose of this place is.  TO RIP PEOPLE OFF.

The forum is complicate in every one of these scams.  They do nothing about it and then those of us who lose our hard earned cash get told as a bonus that we fucking deserved it.

Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:57:39 AM

Done. What now?

Now nothing douchebag.  You are a senior member of this forum and to post something as smug and arrogant as that makes you a fucking asshole. And as for whatever else this bullshit is that you aren't coming out and saying allow me to just point out a few things...

I'm not some skell trolling the forum for a way to burn people...I'm 40+ yrs old with a family and a job in real life.
I met someone who is on this forum in person and handed them a nice chunk of change for a piece of hardware.  There was no bullshit...no story...no drama & no problems.  He handed me the hardware and I handed him an envelope full of money.

I came to this forum because it seemed to be the best place to learn and get involved in this grand experiment but the more time I spend here the more I see what the true purpose of this place is.  TO RIP PEOPLE OFF.

The forum is complicate in every one of these scams.  They do nothing about it and then those of us who lose our hard earned cash get told as a bonus that we fucking deserved it.

I don't beat around the bush. If i have something to say, I say it. So I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, however I am glad that simple comment got you so heated. Perhaps you will learn the third time. Either way, getting this irate at people that actually tried to help those who were scammed out is just plain ridiculous. you're clearly not in a proper state of mind. I hope you take some time to cool off.

EDIT: perhaps you missed my negative trust rating of him?
"Member operating a group buy on a moderated thread, deleting any questions or comments about the legitimacy of it. No units received thus far. Every move screams scammer so far. Will remove my rating when a reputable member provides proof of delivery. Forums members should exercise EXTREME caution when purchasing from this group buy."
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:07:09 AM

The negative trust rating was after he robbed everyone...not terribly useful.
He def. did not have that when I dove in.

nottm28 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:11:23 AM

Bottom right 'report to moderator' - I did this with his thread a few times - he was allowed to carry on for over a week. The forum could do more IMO - like 'read' the 'report to moderator' messages.

[edit] I never lost money here - but I see a pattern of abuse over the last year that is simply going unaddressed.

donations not accepted
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:16:32 AM

unless everyone opened these threads after mine. i dont believe it was. i posted my neg rep about 4 days ago.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: