Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:20:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPG plugin for Outlook 2010 32 and 64 bit.  (Read 3275 times)
tlhonmey (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 06:40:47 PM

I have a client here in Spokane, Washington that would like to be able to use GPG with Outlook 2010.  So far as I can find, none of the existing Outlook plugins function with the new version, and I have been unable to find anyone who is working on a new one.  (My guess is that most of the people who use GPG don't use Outlook as, security-wise, that's kind of like trying to fix a leaky dam with a new coat of paint...)

Criteria:

1)  Must function on 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows from XP through 7, with 32 or 64 bit versions of Outlook 2010.  (Compile-time options for different combinations of system count as functional)

2)  Must be capable of encrypting, decrypting, signing, and verifying emails and attachments.

3)  An interface to manager keys (upload and download keys from keyservers, create, sign, delete, etc.) is not strictly necessary, but if it has one that is reasonably easy for a non-technical user to use, I will offer a percentage of any fees I charge to my clients for installing this software in addition to the compensation offered below.

4)  Must be licensable as free, open-source software.  I prefer GPL, but anything that allows for free distribution, modification, and use (including commercial use) is acceptable.  If you wish to use one of the licenses that requires the original author's information to remain attached to the program while still allowing redistribution and modification, that's fine by me.

Compensation:

I am offering the contents of http://blockexplorer.com/address/1NHiyS852dzsAYcrwdis2C5L9rSQ9YLJye for delivery of a completed program with source code that meets the criteria above.  It is starting at 10BTC, but other people who have need of this software are welcome to contribute.  This offer will remain open for a period of one year from date of posting.  If it has not been claimed by then, I will return all contributions to the address from whence they came, according to block explorer.  If it becomes necessary to cancel this offer for any other reason, I will return all contributions to the address from whence they came according to block explorer.  (So don't throw away your empty wallet)

Since I do have someone who wants this, it may be possible to haggle.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or counter-offers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tlhonmey (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 09:44:25 PM

Anyone else who wants to see this made can post their offer here and I'll keep the bounties page up to date.
elebit

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:36:09 PM

The standard solution is http://gpg4win.org/.

It's not perfect and not that nice looking but it works and the latest version 2.2 does, at least on paper, fullfill your four criteria.

Perhaps if you elaborate how it didn't live up to your expectations I (or someone at their mailing list) could help you further along the way. In any case your money would be much better spent funding its further development, since there has already been put in quite a lot of work on it.

(They don't seem to take Bitcoin donations but I'm sure you could arrange something or find someone to act as a proxy.)
Azure

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:32:50 AM

Is this still open?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: