Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Blockchain and Bitcoin made simple  (Read 116 times)
sugarpie2018 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:11:54 PM

While people are increasingly developing interest in Blockchain and Bitcoin, many often inadvertently use these words interchangeable to mean the other.

why?
Because, people often think both words are the same. however, they both are entirely different in terms of meaning and functionality.

How?

Blockchain is basically an accounting system developed purposely to keep accurate and transparent records of a distinct desirable digital currency (Bitcoin). therefore one can say because of Bitcoin, Blockchain was developed. Right?

So just picture blockchain as the accounting technology on which any transaction using Bitcoin as a currency can be traced.

Now that this is being said, Bitcoin is basically a digital currency designed purpose to provide seamless peer to peer transaction without any middlemen and with little or no transaction fee. this coin is then stored in a secured wallet called the Bitcoin wallet of a particular holder.
which means that, without a bitcoin wallet an individual can not possess or keep Bitcoin.

Final words
Therefore, without blockchain, an individual can not conduct any transaction with Bitcoin as a digital currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vsamuel

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:22:01 PM

well said.
but then, i have also some across certain sayings like Blockchain 1, Blockchain 2, and Blockchain 3.
the more i try to read about them, the more i get confuse.
could you help me out with what the difference are in simple terms.
thank you
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:33:06 PM

but then, i have also some across certain sayings like Blockchain 1, Blockchain 2, and Blockchain 3.

I've never heard anyone refer to blockchain technology as "Blockchain 1", "Blockchain 2", or "Blockchain 3"...can you share where you heard these terms? Give us some context.

How?[/b]
Blockchain is basically an accounting system developed purposely to keep accurate and transparent records of a distinct desirable digital currency (Bitcoin). therefore one can say because of Bitcoin, Blockchain was developed. Right?

This is a decent explanation, however blockchain technology (or distributed ledger technology) can enable much more than accounting for digital currencies.

Blockchain technology also:
  • Provides the infrastructure for transactions of information to occur, securely - that information can be almost anything
  • Provides the cryptographic security layer that makes the system impossible to hack
  • Provides transparency into transactions
  • Can be used in a centralized or decentralized format depending on developer and market preference
cuong1610

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:25:13 PM

While people are increasingly developing interest in Blockchain and Bitcoin, many often inadvertently use these words interchangeable to mean the other.

why?
Because, people often think both words are the same. however, they both are entirely different in terms of meaning and functionality.

How?

So just picture blockchain as the accounting technology on which any transaction using Bitcoin as a currency can be traced.

Now that this is being said, Bitcoin is basically a digital currency designed purpose to provide seamless peer to peer transaction without any middlemen and with little or no transaction fee. this coin is then stored in a secured wallet called the Bitcoin wallet of a particular holder.
which means that, without a bitcoin wallet an individual can not possess or keep Bitcoin.

Final words
Therefore, without blockchain, an individual can not conduct any transaction with Bitcoin as a digital currency.

This is only your personal opinion. I appreciate this well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: