Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:12:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Really possible to send money anonymously through Bitcoin?  (Read 383 times)
cp111 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:52:59 PM

Hello,

I need to send some amount to one person anonymously. That means, the opposite person should not know my identity and source details. For this, I tried to register with Bitcoin provider. But, they are asking my bank account details to fulfill their KYC (Know your customer) norms. I understand and agree that I should give my bank account details to the provider. Once I send the amount through Bitcoin to the other person (Receiver), is there any possibility to track my details through Bitcoin? Is really Bitcoin is the trustworthy to send the money anonymously?

Thanks in advance.

CP
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 01:58:47 PM

Hello,

I need to send some amount to one person anonymously. That means, the opposite person should not know my identity and source details. For this, I tried to register with Bitcoin provider. But, they are asking my bank account details to fulfill their KYC (Know your customer) norms. I understand and agree that I should give my bank account details to the provider. Once I send the amount through Bitcoin to the other person (Receiver), is there any possibility to track my details through Bitcoin? Is really Bitcoin is the trustworthy to send the money anonymously?

Thanks in advance.

CP

All transactions can be traced. If you buy btc from an exchange that enforces kyc regulations, and directly pay the receiver with the btc you bought, you can in fact be traced.

Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous.

There are ways around this, but you need to know what you're doing...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cp111 (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:02:59 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Could you give me any hints to send it anonymously (workaround)? I know some of the things like using VPN, Tor etc. But, I am not sure this will solve the issue or not.

Thank you
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 02:09:06 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Could you give me any hints to send it anonymously (workaround)? I know some of the things like using VPN, Tor etc. But, I am not sure this will solve the issue or not.

Thank you

Well, I'm definitely not going to give a walkthrough, since I these hints can also be used for illegal purposes. But in order to hide your IP, there are vpns, tor, i2p, proxy's, public hotspots.

There are also p2p exchanges that can be done to purchase btc.

In order to break the link between wallets, there are mixers and anonymous crypto currencies...  Or buying coinbase rewards from miners.

You can also rent hashrate and mine clean coins directly, or use an exchange that does not require kyc (sometimes kyc is not needed for btc to altcoin exchanges)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Gravityle

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:11:38 PM

to buy anonymouysly best way is to buy with cash.
ryan1918

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 02:17:35 PM

yeah that's a way to not get caught buying it in cash in person, just like the feds recently raided that person, not.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:24:48 PM
Merited by ImHash (1)

you keep saying "other person", but who is this other person? an average Joe or a government agent or someone with power to get court order? and what is this payment? for something illegal or grey or legal but you want to keep your privacy?

you see there are different levels of anonymity. for instance when "I" see your account here i can not know who you are, what your IP is,... and i will never know. but the owner of this forum knows all that information.

in other words you must first decide who you are trying to keep your anonymity from. an average Joe can not ask the exchange to reveal your identity to him without a court order so you shouldn't care about KYC of exchanges in that case.
the ultimate anonymity is when you buy with cash and mix coins and it costs a lot because off the market and buying with cash they will sell you at a higher price like 20% higher than the market for example.

There is a FOMO brewing...
kangbasir

Activity: 394
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

I think bitcoin can be associated with a real identity if this identity is actually used in combination with a Bitcoin address in some way This includes the address used for the deposit or withdrawing money to or from the (regulated) exchange or service of public donation open the wallet address or address used to send bitcoin to someone (including online store) when using real identity.
Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:47:45 PM

The address of BTC can be created by anyone, so it is possible to transfer BTC without real name, but the usdt transfer using BTC network must be verified with real name.

TmottaDing

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:55:12 PM

Yes of course, just create a new bitcoin wallet, and then send money through that to another person, and you will be fully anonymous after that, and there would not be any way to track your main wallets unless that those were attached at some point

Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:17:10 PM

I would still not use my main card to link to my account, i don't believe them)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:28:18 PM

is there any possibility to track my details through Bitcoin? Is really Bitcoin is the trustworthy to send the money anonymously?
It can be tracked if they have the means to do so(if they are someone with a position in the government, they can). If you are only transacting with an average joe, you shouldn't worry much about being tracked. Even if you fulfill the exchange's KYC, they wouldn't reveal it easily unless you are paying for something illegal(which would require them to reveal it to authorities).
Techfrog

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:35:09 PM

As far as i know, that is the main purpose of the entire blockchain and bitcoin, sending anonymously is the main goal of all this network and you should know that since the very beggining since you are in there, dont you think?
brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:50:21 PM

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

CP
you can't be tracked easily if your country does not need to provide your kyc verification on buying or selling bitcoin for your county. you can also create another account on bitcoin so you won't be tracked.
Schrippe

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:10:58 PM

In the past anonymity was exaggerated.
Now i think tracking is exaggerated.

Lets say i have 1 Bitcoin on Adress A1.
Now i pay something through a payment processor.
The transaction goes from A1 to A2(payment processor) and A3.
Now you could guess A3 is my change adress.
But you could be wrong, i could have send the rest to a guy that paid me cash for it.

Or lets say i send it from A1 -> A2 -> .... -> A10, at each transaction, you can only guess that its still me.

Even when it goes only from A1 -> A2, trackers cant tell wether its still me, they can only guess.
When i buy Bitcoin for cash, the blockchain cant tell wether i now own the bitcoin or its still the guy that sold them to me.

When i send 10 transactions, and im identifiable on transaction 1 and 10, Then one can assume that the adresses in between also belong to me. That would be very likely unless i randomly sold and then bought the bitcoin again. Its not certain though.

A donation to a cause that is controversial 10 years later wont haunt anyone, because "its statistically likely" is not enough to blame him.

But if some guy is selling some illegal stuff, "statistically likely" might be enough to get him, especially when the law enforcement has some additional info, like approximate location from where he ships his stuff, that matches him and obviously will have more evidence in his home.

Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:26:49 PM

If you want to send money anonymously it is very appropriate if you use bitcoin for delivery, because bitcoin does have anonymous properties.
2weent6

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:34:17 PM

Well, this is the main purpose of bitcoin to make transactions anonymously but since KYC was invented again now its killing the purpose of this blockchain technology, but I think you are still anonymous when you send transactions to your receiver especially when you done this here in the forum.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 11:45:35 PM

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

CP

There's many exchange not requiring KYC and you can send bitcoin anonymously the question is how you can transfer bitcoin to person you want to send found if you didn't get all information from their specially their bitcoin address.

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

You can purchase p2p in localbitcoin.com or on paxful.com. After receiving, send to a mix website like bitcloak or Chip Mixer. It is very, very unlikely that the person who received the resources will be able to find out anything about you.

You should also use Tails
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:13:20 AM

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

CP
Well it is not gonna be anonymous if you get it from exchanges because they are legally obligated to require identification and that is to prevent money laundering and false use of bitcoin, ever since bitcoin rose up  and started making an impact on the world having people use it had to come at a coast and that is the anonymity that it had, but it is still possible to make anonymous transactions without the need for identifications using peer to peer exchange sites like localbitcoin where you can buy and sell bitcoin with many payment options.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: