Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:52:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie have some questions!  (Read 605 times)
sangriaman (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:10:35 PM

Hey everyone!

My english is not so good but I'll do my best  Smiley

I'm new and I have some qustions and I'll be very happy if someone can answer them:

- Can I mine any crypto currency without having especial hardware? The reason why I ask this is because I saw that you can mine in the cloud but one friend did it in a mc and the terminal start to run very very fast so he was a bit scared...

Is it OK if I have a lot of wallets of different crypto currency in my mac or they will get damaged or the adresses will have any failure?
I ask this because i do a lot of faucets in order to get some coins and they I would like to sell them in a bigger price (if they grow up in the future).

I also wanted to sell some coins of a currency that grew up a few days ago(not famous currency) but, I had a llittle amount of t becayse I only get coins of them by faucets. It said that I had to have a minimum for changing / selling them, do you any idea to sell/change for another and earn a profit with the rising price (I have a very little amount).?

I also have some bitcoins (I bought them) and I hope the price will grow up some day!

Thanks you very much, I hope you can understand my english (I'm not an english speaker) Smiley

Thank you!  Wink   
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:30:01 PM

Hey everyone!

My english is not so good but I'll do my best  Smiley

I'm new and I have some qustions and I'll be very happy if someone can answer them:

- Can I mine any crypto currency without having especial hardware? The reason why I ask this is because I saw that you can mine in the cloud but one friend did it in a mc and the terminal start to run very very fast so he was a bit scared...

Is it OK if I have a lot of wallets of different crypto currency in my mac or they will get damaged or the adresses will have any failure?
I ask this because i do a lot of faucets in order to get some coins and they I would like to sell them in a bigger price (if they grow up in the future).

I also wanted to sell some coins of a currency that grew up a few days ago(not famous currency) but, I had a llittle amount of t becayse I only get coins of them by faucets. It said that I had to have a minimum for changing / selling them, do you any idea to sell/change for another and earn a profit with the rising price (I have a very little amount).?

I also have some bitcoins (I bought them) and I hope the price will grow up some day!

Thanks you very much, I hope you can understand my english (I'm not an english speaker) Smiley

Thank you!  Wink   

1.) Yes you can mine crypto currencies with any computer with a GPU but its power depends on how powerful your GPU or whatever mining hardware you use.
2.) No, your addresses will not get damaged in the future. You may not lose your cryptos unless people get a hold of your private key or you forget how to access these wallets.
3.) No, there is no minimum to selling BTC. It all depends on who you exchange with.

Hope I got to help Smiley

Sincerely,
Sir Lolicon

Pordik

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:32:17 PM

Your are welcome here!
sangriaman (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:01:59 PM

Thanks!
I have more questions  Tongue

1) Imagine I have today 1BTC
I also do a faucet of DOGECOIN, and I get 1DOGE, imagine that the price for today is 1doge=1USD, but the next month th eprice grows up and it grows to 1doge=100USD, by the time is doge grow, it will be possible to change my btc to doge and sell them including, the 1doge i got by faucets? How?

2)I have a macbook pro 13" from 2011, will it be possible to mine in the cloud with my mac?

Thanks you!  Wink
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:21:48 PM

Thanks!
I have more questions  Tongue

1) Imagine I have today 1BTC
I also do a faucet of DOGECOIN, and I get 1DOGE, imagine that the price for today is 1doge=1USD, but the next month th eprice grows up and it grows to 1doge=100USD, by the time is doge grow, it will be possible to change my btc to doge and sell them including, the 1doge i got by faucets? How?

Doge is never going to be worth a dollar. Just look at the marketcap. But you can swap coins including Doge for BTC on an exchange or over on the alt currency marketplace here.
sangriaman (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:04:09 PM

Hey, thanks for answering,

1)Do you think I can mine using a macbook pro 13" from 2011)

2)Why do you say Doge will never be 1dollar, the marketcap? Undecided  (I'm new)

Thanks Tongue
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:10:11 PM

Hey, thanks for answering,

1)Do you think I can mine using a macbook pro 13" from 2011)

2)Why do you say Doge will never be 1dollar, the marketcap? Undecided  (I'm new)

Thanks Tongue

Mine what? You wont mine any Bitcoins, but you could try an altcoin. Dogecoins wont even be worth a cent because there's so many of them.
Sharkness

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:49:55 PM

Right now Dogecoin vs. the USD is going for 874.69 Dogecoin to $1 USD, according to http://coinmill.com. For mining I would suggest http://mmpool.bitparking.com/main where you can mine multiple alt-coins as well as bitcoins. Keep in mind, without special and expensive equipment; you will not make much by mining. I do it because, why not… It’s fun to watch the numbers increase, however, when you go adding up how much it converts to in USD, it comes out to fractions upon fractions of a cent.

There are websites such as http://www.earncrypto.com/ that you can earn coins by surveys, games, etc… Just be careful about downloading software and games because they could have adware or other malware attached to them. I’m not saying that this site does, but it is possible because others do. Another way to earn alt-coins is to join http://devtome.com, I’m having a blast with it. Anyway, whatever you do, good luck.
Rulishix

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:03:11 PM

Welcome to us all! Bitcoins are awesome! Smiley
sangriaman (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:43:29 PM

Thanks to all to answer  Smiley

1)So, if the currency has a lot of coins like Doge, the price would be always very low? and if the currency have a little amount of coins the price would be grow a lot?  Undecided Huh Huh

2) So I have a macbook pro 13", can I mine for an altcoin that is recently launched (is easier to make more blocks) or you don't recommend it?
of course i am not talking about mining bitcoin, i'm meaning of an altcoin that is recently launched  Tongue

Thanks to all!  Wink
Rulishix

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:52:48 PM

Not easy to mine on a Mac so I advise against it. I suggest renting a server or cloud mining the alt coin if you can.

Value of coins like doge and leaf depends on popularity. Doge is worth so much because it is hyped and everybody talks about it. Leaf sucks because it fucking sucks! Lol.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:33:27 PM

With OP's equipment (macbook pro), I would suggest OP to simply not mine anything with it. It is very easy to get overheating with laptop, and the hashrate will really be far from good (even for GPU mining scrypt altcoins).

For mining I would suggest http://mmpool.bitparking.com/main where you can mine multiple alt-coins as well as bitcoins.

With bitparking, miners can merge-mine a few other sha256 altcoins (Namecoin, Ixcoin, Devcoin, I0coin and Groupcoin) together with bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: