Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should There be a body to regulate Altcoins?  (Read 191 times)
Chase_AI

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:27:07 PM

I think this is why so many ICO rating sites exist. Someone needs to compile a centralized list of the altcoins being created and track their progress, but then it gets away from the whole decentralized nature of cryptocurrency if there is centralization of these same cryptocurrencies meant to be distributed and decentralized. I don't know the solution, but for now as there is not much regulation around any type of crypto, I think regulation will begin to be informed by major coins like bitcoin and then as regulatory bodies learn more they will fit regulations to be more understanding of altcoins and take into considerations unique challenges of starting new cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laynum

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:35:34 PM

I totally agree with this Idea. There are way too many altcoins and aside the fact that it has really become quite a problem to choose a good one to invest in, there are pretty much too many scam projects amongst them and it would be best if only there was a significant body set up to regulate it.
K_rock

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:15:56 AM

this idea is very good and I strongly agree that any agency that governs this altcoin might be able to avoid fraud
3x1t

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:35:48 PM

Alternative cryptocurrencies should be independent I suppose because they depend on Btc now and there is not something good fore the cryptomarket.
kelamiyoui

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:10:40 AM

Altcoins should be independent to increase the development of the cryptomarket so I am sure that that they don't need in regulation and something like this.
torreun

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:05:45 AM

We can't deny that there are many scams in this field. If there is an institution to supervise ICO / Altcoins, enter the field, combat price manipulation, and protect consumer investment from fraud, this not only protects investors, but also makes the entire market healthy. I strongly agree with the agency to supervise
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:25:54 AM

no, this is a decentralized market and it should regulate itself.

as a result the fault falls on every single person who has participated in the altcoin market and allowed the scams to happen by buying these shitcoins and only thinking about the profit they gain.
we have all done it and will continue to do it mostly be cause we have lost hope for the altcoins to have any meaningful future as they continue being pumped and dumped.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:30:49 AM

along with the times and human needs for technology, humans will make regulations and institutions that have the right to regulate altcoin and ICO, we all know that crypto's development is getting better and every country continues to find solutions to accept altcoin as a new currency, I'm sure the solution to handle crypto will find a good way
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:40:11 AM

I think we are beginning to get to regulation. One of it is the kfc which is used more lately. Also, the charges from exchanges are making some altcoins not to be listed. 
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 08:01:11 AM

i sometimes think about it whenever i see how terrible the situation with the altcoin market is from time to time. the need for some authority figure to slap the scammers on their wrist is felt in this market.

but then when you really think about it, a regulatory body is not going to solve much. they will introduce a lot of restrictions and also taxes in some countries big taxes which will push people to unregulated parts and the scams will continue. specifically when the scams such as pump and dumps can be more profitable than anything natural!

--looking for signature--
rataplannetje69

Activity: 205

🔴 IRONX - Best in Crypto 🔴

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:53:51 PM

The rate at which different Altcoins are spring up, I think there should be a body regulating it.

I believe that it is imperative to create a body that will regulate the altcoins market. Because without it, the market has turned into a mess and a dump of various coins that do not carry any significance.
I also agree, but who should initiate it and at which point of the market development? When people get sick and tired of scams and dumping mess?

Capture

Activity: 227
Merit: 12

⚫●● Ky-Ky ●●⚫

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:35:23 PM

It could be great if we would be able to deploy Altcoin regulation body, but with all attributes of decentralized organization that will be in full service of providing fair crypto climate!!!
I am not sure I totally believe that fairness and regulation work together very well, especially in cryptomarket. It doesn't obey the common law and it doesn't look favorably at any kind of control.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:44:40 PM

Regulation is only limited to regulating there is not reducing and even limiting an ICO project. The regulator will only give a green light to an ICO project that will be offered to everyone, surely, if the ICO project has a clear developer, it has a clear function and will have good effects on crypto currency users in the future. I don't think it will be a problem if the altcoin is spring up in the crypto currency market, because it will make new users come and make crypto currency accepted by the public.
sergeykravcov177

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

of course there should be regulation of the crypto market! The more control there is, the safer it becomes to become a crypto market for investors and ordinary people.
crackerjack453

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:47:58 PM

I think, like most people believe that a regulating body for Altcoins is eventually going to happen and in my opinion it would be for the best.  Especially for all the coins that are in the market and new ones constantly coming out we need to have some sort of security in dealing with money being exchanged.  But im not supporting the exact type of regulation that we have for fiat currency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: