Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:43:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Occupy The Fed Movement Launched, Starts Friday  (Read 1332 times)
adrian33 (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 11:16:23 AM

http://youtu.be/1NQzC-vMAq8

from Alex Jones: http://www.infowars.com/occupy-the-fed-movement-launched-nightly-news-report/

Alex will be at the Dallas Fed, Friday 6pm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anonymous

October 05, 2011, 10:00:51 PM

I might be going. Anybody else?

We could get some Bitcoin flair going.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 10:42:38 PM

I'd be too concerned for my safety to do that. Props to anyone that goes, I hope you're aware of what kind of attention you're exposing yourself to.

It definitely would be a great opportunity to get the word out about BTC to the people present. I feel like Bitcoin itself is the best way protest the Fed, and all central banks for that matter.

Good luck.
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 11:22:37 PM

Alex Jones is literally insane.   If you want to protest the financial status quo from the left or the right, this isn't the way to do it. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
adrian33 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 11:37:41 PM

Alex Jones has massive influence. I really like what he has to say, I wouldn't want to listen to him rant everyday of the year though.. that would make me go insane.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 12:26:24 AM

Is anyone talking about passing out info about bitcoin? That's about as anti-Fed as you can get.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 02:31:15 AM

Is anyone talking about passing out info about bitcoin? That's about as anti-Fed as you can get.

#operationbitcoin has been handling occupywallst but this would be within our goals as well

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:42:56 AM

#operationbitcoin has been handling occupywallst but this would be within our goals as well

It's kind of exactly the thing I imagined would happen when I suggested starting out with a 'campaign' namespace associated with the 'operationbitcoin' project.

Also, of course, there is hardly a more relevant organization to contrast with Bitcoin than the fed.  There is an ASCII Bernanke in the blockchain IIRC after all (although that could be taken as a joke by a supporter of the Federal Reserve system...and a damned amusing one at that.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 11:15:13 PM

Alex Jones has massive influence. I really like what he has to say, I wouldn't want to listen to him rant everyday of the year though.. that would make me go insane.

My guru of choice used to be RL at EIB. Never missed an episode for years until after Clinton was elected. The day before he said, and I believed, that no way was he going to be elected and offered up all the proof. The next day he goes on the air and explains what happened and why, somehow negating, in my mind, his reasoning, short of even predicting it. From that day, forward, I've listened to him less and less. I still admire him dearly, but learned to choose my gurus more carefully. Currently, I like Seth Godin who reminds me of Robert Ringer.

I do like AJ, and miss Art Bell. I think it would be great for George Noory to do a whole show on Bitcoin. That's the talk show of choice many of truckers listen to when on the road during the wee hours of the morning.

10-4. You got the Bitcoin Duck.

These caps (or something like it) should be available in every truck stop across America:

onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 01:32:01 AM

It's different to stand on a public sidewalk and protest to standing inside a privately owned building run by the government.
adrian33 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 03:33:49 AM

I think they will probably take photos of people to work out who are the enemies of the Fed and do background checks on people. But so what? It's not a crime to protest.

In the end I think the protest can really play into the hand of Ron Paul because he's calling for the Fed to be wound down or held back - so if someone wanted a more subtle message against the fed it could be about bitcoin or Ron Paul, rather than a direct "End The Fed" type approach, and both have that message implicit anyhow - so to me, that'd be the safest approach to walk with the wolves.

The fed is so institutionalized, and the power today around it is so self-interested, it's hard for me to say what actually ending the fed would mean, someone else may have some ideas, however pushing for bitcoins or RP around the fed seems quite pragmatic and effective.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: