Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:51:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Wallet backup to USB drive script  (Read 901 times)
nxtar (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:12:10 PM

I have been playing with several different coins. Seems there are a dozen new ones every day.

To backup my wallets I could go to every single %APPDATA%\somecoin folder and save the wallet.dat or launch every wallet and click backup.

I decided instead of spending several minutes I only wanted to spend 1 minute backing up my wallets to a USB drive so I wrote a little batch file.

I welcome comments and improvements.

Code:
@echo off

cd /d %~dp0

mkdir %COMPUTERNAME%_WALLETS

ROBOCOPY %APPDATA% %COMPUTERNAME%_WALLETS wallet.dat /S /TEE /LOG:%COMPUTERNAME%-LastBackup.txt

Instructions:
Save as BackupWallets.cmd (or whatever you'd like) on the USB drive you want to use for backup.
Double click the new cmd

Features:
Supports backup of multiple wallets from multiple computers on the same USB (creates a folder for wallets from each computer)
Keeps a log of the last backup computername-lastbackup.txt

Requires:
ROBOCOPY (part of Windows 7 +)
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 02:12:15 AM

Because a USB stick is a good backup medium?  Angry

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
nxtar (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 06:16:40 AM

I can't say that it's the best method for anyone. But some backup is better than none.

InCoinsITrust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:21:23 PM

better do some than nothing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: