Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to minimize the risk of being scammed.  (Read 627 times)
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:02:13 PM

After reading their whitepaper then ask yourself these questions:
1. Does the document make sense to you? (Did you get a picture of the whole idea they are talking about?)
2. Is project going to provide any real solution to any problem? (scam projects usually provide vague solutions which normally does not point out the blockchain aspect in it)
3. Is the document having original contents (scam projects usually copy people's work)
4. How old is their official website (most scam projects usually have new websites)
5. What has the team done already towards the project.(scam projects usually do not have any detailed roadmap)
6. Check the team's profile on linkedIn and also their number of connections. (fake ones usually have low and no real connections.)
7. Check the token distribution. Is there equity and equality? (the scam ones usually allocate higher percentages to the team)
8. Did they give any abnormal price speculations? (i joined one bounty(Crestonium) who promised 3 times profit within 6 months else they are going to refund investors monies back to them. They ended up being a scam)

No matter how vigilant you are, you can still get scammed but at least, you can reduce the risk of being scammed. Enjoy your day
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:15:38 PM

I think the rise in scam projects these days is so alarming. Even those ones who didn't mean to be scam eventually turn out to be scam because the ICO will not be successful.

UZIzzzz

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:17:03 PM

I think we should pay as much attention to gtihub code development as possible.
If a team has maintained active development in the past, the project is generally not a hoax.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
celakkenyang

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 02:17:43 PM

Yes it is a good way to avoid fraud in ico projects that harm investors. many of which I found ico projects that use fake data to create team members and advisors. always check the truth of the ico project.
EdenDice

Activity: 418
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:18:58 PM

1. Does the document make sense to you? (Did you get a picture of the whole idea they are talking about?)
2. Is project going to provide any real solution to any problem? (scam projects usually provide vague solutions which normally does not point out the blockchain aspect in it)
3. Is the document having original contents (scam projects usually copy people's work)
4. How old is their official website (most scam projects usually have new websites)
5. What has the team done already towards the project.(scam projects usually do not have any detailed roadmap)
6. Check the team's profile on linkedIn and also their number of connections. (fake ones usually have low and no real connections.)
7. Check the token distribution. Is there equity and equality? (the scam ones usually allocate higher percentages to the team)
8. Did they give any abnormal price speculations? (i joined one bounty(Crestonium) who promised 3 times profit within 6 months else they are going to refund investors monies back to them. They ended up being a scam)

No matter how vigilant you are, you can still get scammed but at least, you can reduce the risk of being scammed. Enjoy your day
Everything at the present time good thing. Until they are unsuccessful in per-sale ICO. They become Scams. Every project before the start of the thing looks very good. White Paper, Team, Investor. Everything looks perfect. So scams are becoming more sophisticated and dangerous now

yanixbtc

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:23:47 PM

Yes, to avoid being scammed I first check the telegram of the project how many are connected to them and how fast they reply to the members and investors. Then I will check the roadmap the whitepaper. The team that managed the project is also a very important thing. How well they plan the project and how interesting it is to the consumers and the public. Although, sometimes how much checking and evaluating we do before investing sometimes it is hard to choose a good project and a good ICO. But we should be careful with our investment to avoid lossing our money.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:26:45 PM

To avoid scams you need to know about that area. For example, if you want to invest in an ICO project, you must know the project that you are about to invest. Not only hear the good promise of the enemy but accept the money to invest.
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:29:00 PM

No 100% of assurance to success because the project name can be defined after the campaign. The result depends to the performance of the project whether it can be shitcoin or one of the potential coins in crypto.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
MilesEldwin

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:16:19 PM

Research, Reading and Response. White paper is important, how can you trust projects without a whitepaper. With law enforcement actions and general awareness growing, outright scammers have it harder than ever! Though, of course, there’s still a need of research and digging. So make sure you know about the project you’re investing in. Go for Liven and Treon these are my favorite projects, LVN is an Australian ICO with an established business in food sector.
karramov

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

Thanks. This is enough to determine superficially whether to participate in the company. It can help many people
kazakovv

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:30:26 PM

My personal opinion is that you need to evaluate the development team. Watch their profiles on social networks, search for information about activities.

B I T C O I N   S P O R T | Cryptocurrency Journal   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ◥ BITCOIN-SPORT.ORG
                                         [                   + 92% FREE BITCOINS                   ]          ◥ Chat for bounty and investors
                                              ANN   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   VK   TELEGRAM                   ◥ The dynamics of the course
swati123
Copper Member

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:09:52 PM

Yes, it is very difficult to identify the genuine ICO. The only thing we can do is to gather information about the project, read their White Paper, study their website, product, team etc. We only can minimize the risk of being scammed by using our study and knowledge in taking the correct decision about the ICO.

richkiddo

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:13:28 PM

not to be make a decision that you are wanted to make some investment on it cause as long as you are have some doubt on it you have to more practical for not trust easily even that you have been read everything on it.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:21:32 PM

Good day. I always check social media sites of the ICOs I join. I'm more at ease when I saw the team members participating on various crypto summits. It means they are well know and legit persons. You'll know they are real and not just pictures on their websites. Many things are still to consider.
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:29:10 PM

Yes, these are really good tips that can help bring scammers to clean water. I am interested in the following question: How can I find out how much time does the site exist? Tell me how can I check it out?
Korkorjkk

Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 08:20:32 AM

Thanks for the information, at least this will save us from the scam projects we invest in.

Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 10:29:51 AM

I strongly recommend those project with very detailed roadmap and  because it is a tool for me to determine whether the team behind will do whatever it takes to work ahead of their deadlines and it will show how dedicated they are.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
honex2

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 10:35:25 AM

Once you observe any flaw in data representation then there are chances the project is a scam. However, some projects improve over time depending on what happens as they progress. I see it as a complicated process that anything can happen anytime. Best thing you do for yourself is to manage tour own risk

EzatorFI

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

It seems to me that the most important aspect is the real application and value of coins. It is very important to make sure that people want to buy these tokens. If you look now at the proposals of different ICOs, then you will not want to buy their coins, because you have no interest in this other than speculative.
Roukawa

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

Yeah! I believe that no matter how do we know the project, we cannot prevent to be scammed. Whitepaper is not an indication that a certain project will success. But there is an advantage of looking in a WP. In fact, it helps us to become confident on what the project we supported.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: