Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 04:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to minimize the risk of being scammed.  (Read 629 times)
Lindazz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:05:19 AM

Then you should look for the information of this project carefully.
If the founding team has a bad track record, it's because an honest team is more conducive to the development of the project.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
bnmh23

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:05:38 AM

The development of blockchain has both advantages and disadvantages. A liar is always good at deceiving money by all means.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:08:38 AM

These statements are like 50-50% true. I mean yes most of the ICO's are having new websites, linked profiles, or new social networks but it doesnt mean that its really login to be scam one. Many times they could be legit projects but they might be newly formed and thus making their way through new social networking accounts. White papers are getting shit way of learning the project ideas and scam % of them. Because most of the time you can get what paper created for few bucks and they look like most progressional too. May be its hard to predict about the ICO's these days.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kyra0018

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:09:34 PM

Risk of being scammed can be minimized by knowing the ICO and the project before investing and mostly project with a detailed roadmap is the one you should trust.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:27:35 PM

These statements are like 50-50% true. I mean yes most of the ICO's are having new websites, linked profiles, or new social networks but it doesnt mean that its really login to be scam one. Many times they could be legit projects but they might be newly formed and thus making their way through new social networking accounts. White papers are getting shit way of learning the project ideas and scam % of them. Because most of the time you can get what paper created for few bucks and they look like most progressional too. May be its hard to predict about the ICO's these days.
It is more likely those newly formed projects are inexperienced and hence might not be able to handle the project to a successful end, even if they are not scam. Am not saying that is always the case though .
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:11:37 PM

From my experience, i have noticed that ICOs that promise dividend after investment end up to be scam. Most of them look like ponzi in nature. A typical example of such that i know of, was impressio. Some scam projects can disguise to be real, yet they are scam.
dicaprio

Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:13:51 PM

To minimize your opportunities to be deceived, a detailed analysis of the project is best suited, which today becomes very difficult, because the scammers have learned to deceive so well that it is very difficult to distinguish a good project from the project's scam.
joeflicker

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:26:01 PM

Those are good way to set up our minde to nog getting scammed by an ico project. Everything that would we take are still have a risk. We must learn anything and every step of the project, we must know the plan and the growth. Make sure that the project that we are joined is a good project.
soooulliv77

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:03:06 PM

Thanks to the author for his useful advice. I know almost all of that, but it's still good to remember again.

MERITT   P  R  O  T  O  C  O  L   ❱❱    WHITEPAPER
Decentralized Fundraising & Token Issuance

███████   TWITTER               BITCOINTALK               TELEGRAM   ███████
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:45:12 PM

It's almost becoming a norm to get scammed these days. Well, a lot of these scam stories can be prevented if we consider certain things and take them as precautions. First, make sure all your details are never shared with anyone online, read up and do your researches on projects, their managers and reviews  before you actively participate in anything. Be safe!
Treasurer

Merit: 104

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:58:05 PM

It’s also necessary to check the availability of profiles on Linkedin for the main team members, as well as the number of contacts for each of them. If the profile was created recently and there is no information about the previous places of work, such developers also can't be trusted.
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:04:32 PM

It’s also necessary to check the availability of profiles on Linkedin for the main team members, as well as the number of contacts for each of them. If the profile was created recently and there is no information about the previous places of work, such developers also can't be trusted.
if people fill out the form 100%, then even existing information should be checked. Thus, there is still the risk of being deceived. It is necessary to trace the whole chain of biographies of each person with whom you will deal.
duongdaiduong

Activity: 289

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:05:22 AM

That's a good idea.
We have to protect ourselves, before others take warning.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:19:55 PM

After reading their whitepaper then ask yourself these questions:
1. Does the document make sense to you? (Did you get a picture of the whole idea they are talking about?)
2. Is project going to provide any real solution to any problem? (scam projects usually provide vague solutions which normally does not point out the blockchain aspect in it)
3. Is the document having original contents (scam projects usually copy people's work)
4. How old is their official website (most scam projects usually have new websites)
5. What has the team done already towards the project.(scam projects usually do not have any detailed roadmap)
6. Check the team's profile on linkedIn and also their number of connections. (fake ones usually have low and no real connections.)
7. Check the token distribution. Is there equity and equality? (the scam ones usually allocate higher percentages to the team)
8. Did they give any abnormal price speculations? (i joined one bounty(Crestonium) who promised 3 times profit within 6 months else they are going to refund investors monies back to them. They ended up being a scam)

No matter how vigilant you are, you can still get scammed but at least, you can reduce the risk of being scammed. Enjoy your day
Yes, these are really good tips that can help bring scammers to clean water. I am interested in the following question: How can I find out how much time does the site exist? Tell me how can I check it out?
Hello friend, if you want to get some information like this about a website, you can visit whois.com and then search for the website name
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:33:36 PM

I think the rise in scam projects these days is so alarming. Even those ones who didn't mean to be scam eventually turn out to be scam because the ICO will not be successful.
If ICO project is unsuccessful why ICO manager does not return investor fund? So that investors are not disappointed and can enter again to another project.
and for bounty hunters do not consider a scam if the participants do not get paid because the project is not successful, let's just say it is a job risk.
If investors are not disappointed and the participants of the gift campaign always think positive, I'm sure a good ICO project will soon flourish.
What you are saying is very true. Those who never had it in mind to scam inventors will definitely refund all their monies to them. The real scammers will surely run away with the money

drrekkty

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:36:02 PM

In my opinion, we must trust the selection of cryptoprojects for professionals. As in principle and in any field. Everyone should do their job. Sometimes, to get caught on a scam enough of such stupidity. We need to be more attentive to the little things. I think with a long work in this area and comes the ability to distinguish between a scam and normal companies
garciacarral

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 01:11:18 PM

I rely on only my analyzing which consists of detail checking, talking with more experienced people and making trends for it. And this is enough for me.
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 08:59:02 AM

This information is very useful and can help prevent people from being scammed. Even though some projects may have all these features, if they do not reach soft cap, bounty hunters will not be paid and investors may loose their money.

Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:23:43 PM

What you are saying is very important. I came across this project and its only the CEO whose profile was available on linkedIn. When i questioned him about it, he said the other team members wanted to stay anonymous so i stopped doing their bounty. Eventually, the project ended as scam
Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:29:08 PM

Thanks for the piece of information. There is no way you won't be scammed in this crypto especially when you doing bounty. But if one could follow your guidelines, I believe it will reduce the rate of being scammed.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: