Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:43:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pick 3 Lotto - Jackpot (196 BTC) - Evening Drawing 7/21/2010 *Winning No. 680*  (Read 10607 times)
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 20, 2010, 09:37:05 PM

Yeah, at least from the GUI standpoint, if someone doesn't put in what BC address sent it to you, so I don't see a way to refund it.

I haven't looked through the headless server version to see how the data is handled for that.

Basically, someone would have to pay through direct IP and make sure they put in the from field, the BC address or else it's no different than a stranger in the street stuffing $20 in your pocket as you walk by and you never see that person again and don't know who it was.

Hopefully someone playing the Lotto would know to fill in the From box. Cheesy

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knightmb (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2010, 02:40:32 PM

Today is the day, no more entries after noon (-6:00 CST) today, good luck to you all with this evenings drawing.

Timekoin - The World's Most Energy Efficient Encrypted Digital Currency
knightmb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2010, 05:26:02 PM

It's now past noon time, so I'm going to shut out the server from taking anymore entries so no one submits one by accident, I'm excited about today's drawing, look forward to a big winner(s) today!

knightmb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2010, 11:33:02 PM

Ok, I just watched them draw the winning number, congratulations to the winner with number 680!!!

Quantumplation

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2010, 11:35:12 PM

I don't see 680 on that list, does that mean the lotto will continue into next week?

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
knightmb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2010, 11:36:31 PM

Yes it will, dang, I thought I saw 680 in that list, so I went back over the BitCoin logs to double check every number, but no one picked 680  Cry

Someone was close with 683, that's why I thought someone had won.

knightmb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2010, 11:43:38 PM

I'll start another topic that will start a new one and this jackpot will be used to start the next lotto. At the same time, I start a separate lotto that is pick 3, but using a smaller jackpot, so those that get 0.05 BC from the free BC site can participate.

Quantumplation

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2010, 12:12:41 AM

So you're starting a new lotto, with new tickets?  Or just continuing on until a number gets drawn, with people keeping their numbers?

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
knightmb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2010, 12:23:33 AM

So you're starting a new lotto, with new tickets?  Or just continuing on until a number gets drawn, with people keeping their numbers?
New lotto, new tickets just like the state lotto. I thought about just leaving it and continue on, but I looked over the last months winning numbers and even with the list of choices, no one would have won all month, which surprised me given how random the choices look. This being my first lotto, I would hate for it to go on for months with no winner because no one will want to play if no one is winning. That's why I set the next drawing in a few days, and if we still don't have any winners, I might just start using the daily drawing because someone has gotta win at some point or else no one will want to play (or they will just start playing the penny lotto instead since they can buy a ton more numbers for cheaper)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: