Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy not allowing withdrawals, only logins. Insolvent?  (Read 1859 times)
Paladin69 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:00:49 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 11:57:12 PM by Paladin69

I am posting here because nobody is answering support tickets.  If you work for Cryptsy, mine is #100738.

Cryptsy halfway broke their 2FA SMS e-mail option in a peculiar way.  You can get a pin code sent to you to log in and trade, but they won't send a pin to you if you'd like to withdraw coins or if you want to disable SMS e-mail.  If you have this option enabled, try it.  It won't work.

They won't answer support tickets regarding the problem.  It has been over 48 hours for me.  Some people are at 72 hours.  Others are at 5 days.  All customers using this option as far as I know are stuck with coins they can't get out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:10:17 PM

I am posting here because nobody is answering support tickets.

Cryptsy halfway broke their 2FA SMS e-mail option in a peculiar way.  You can get a pin code sent to you to log in and trade, but they won't send a pin to you if you'd like to withdraw coins or if you want to disable SMS e-mail.  If you have this option enabled, try it.  It won't work.

They won't answer support tickets regarding the problem.  It has been over 48 hours for me.  Some people are at 72 hours.  Others are at 5 days.

Yeah, Big Vern tweeted something a few days ago, said from now on withdrawals switched to SMS by default.

However, it seems impossible to switch it off. Cryptsy does not even have a mobile number for me.

No answer to the support ticket either.

I've less than 0.10 BTC there, so it is not too much of worry for me. That, and I am one of the Gox people.

All the exchanges are bad to be honest.

If you have Twitter, go and Tweet him, he sometimes responds.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:38:59 PM

I don't use Cryptsy, but my default assumption says that they don't want to have the same problems that Gox and potentially Bitstamp were facing.   May be a preventative measure, rather than an insolvency problem...
Paladin69 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:52:28 PM

I don't use Cryptsy, but my default assumption says that they don't want to have the same problems that Gox and potentially Bitstamp were facing.   May be a preventative measure, rather than an insolvency problem...

What exchange do you use?  I want to transfer more in but I won't trust Cryptsy with anything more until they fix their crap.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:36:15 AM

I don't use Cryptsy, but my default assumption says that they don't want to have the same problems that Gox and potentially Bitstamp were facing.   May be a preventative measure, rather than an insolvency problem...

What exchange do you use?  I want to transfer more in but I won't trust Cryptsy with anything more until they fix their crap.

The way I do it is probably not the best way to do it if you want to avoid fees, and all, but I am all about the convenience, and I am willing to pay a little premium to make it easy on myself and not have to hassle with a bunch of paperwork. 

The way I do it, is just to purchase btc over at Coinbase.   From there, I sent the btc to wherever I need it.   If I am in the mood for a little day trading, I will just send some btc over to BTC-E.   Despite what a lot of people say on this forum, I haven't had any problems with deposits or withdrawals there?   I can confirm that I have done it seemlessly several times for BTC, LTC, and NMC.   I can't vouch for the other currency deposits or withdraws because I haven't tried them.   

I have learned that you need to be a little more patient with the deposits from coinbase into BTC-E, because lately it has been requiring 6-8 confirmations on the coinbase side.   Then there is sometimes 30-45 mins in between before it shows up in the BTC-E transaction history.   Then you have to wait for another 3 confirmations which can take up to 45 mins.   Knock on wood that I don't get problems after this...
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:46:54 AM

They really need to fix this soon

dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:02:25 AM

i have the same problem. but how to do it now.

dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:03:24 AM

Cryptsy does not even have a mobile number for me

keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:50:05 AM

this doesn't make sense, cryptsy changed to SMS withdraws only, regardless of if you have a phone number stored there or not?
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:44:36 AM

The way I do it is probably not the best way to do it if you want to avoid fees, and all, but I am all about the convenience, and I am willing to pay a little premium to make it easy on myself and not have to hassle with a bunch of paperwork. 

The way I do it, is just to purchase btc over at Coinbase.   From there, I sent the btc to wherever I need it.   If I am in the mood for a little day trading, I will just send some btc over to BTC-E.   Despite what a lot of people say on this forum, I haven't had any problems with deposits or withdrawals there?   I can confirm that I have done it seemlessly several times for BTC, LTC, and NMC.   I can't vouch for the other currency deposits or withdraws because I haven't tried them.   

I have learned that you need to be a little more patient with the deposits from coinbase into BTC-E, because lately it has been requiring 6-8 confirmations on the coinbase side.   Then there is sometimes 30-45 mins in between before it shows up in the BTC-E transaction history.   Then you have to wait for another 3 confirmations which can take up to 45 mins.   Knock on wood that I don't get problems after this...
You should probably send from coinbase to your wallet before sending to another exchange. Sounds like the total time is about the same, and less potential for problems. You don't wanna have to deal with multiple support teams trying to cooperate... And if you have coins to spare in your wallet then it is even faster this way.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:14:39 AM

Are you able to withdraw NXT from Craptsy?
I have 3 "processed" withdrawals from 48 hours but i never actually received any NXT.
I've also tried to contact the support but they are ignoring me.
Should i get worried?

I wonder why these stupid people keep adding 3 new shitcoins everyday while they can't manage properly the coins already listed.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: