Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery? What Recovery? February Speculation. | WSC Team  (Read 1970 times)
alpha492 (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:21:47 AM

http://www.wallstreetcrypto.net/2014/02/recovery-what-recovery-february.html

Our thoughts on a month that has been pretty rough.

A lot of negative media in addition to wavering fundamentals we see no reason the markets will improve anytime soon (soon being 2-4 weeks).

Enjoy, and let us know what you think.

fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:24:16 AM

Great work. Thanks. Seems to be spot on!

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:18:26 AM

Interesting.

What's your price target for 1 year and 3 years?
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:22:08 AM

Recovery Smiley bitcoin is recovered enough and it is going stronger each day.

alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:37:08 AM

Interesting.

Haha, to be honest my friend I'm a trader.  I have no idea when it comes to years, I can however tell you weeks and perhaps a couple of months.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:00:30 AM

A lot of negative media in addition to wavering fundamentals we see no reason the markets will improve anytime soon (soon being 2-4 weeks).

Heretic eh?

Questioning the 'recovery'?

You aren't going to win friends and influence people around here with material like that.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:22:42 AM

Heretic eh?

Questioning the 'recovery'?

You aren't going to win friends and influence people around here with material like that.

lol, that's kind of a compliment coming from the legendary enemy of the church MatTheCat.  Oh well, we both got to go short at 800 Cheesy!

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:27:01 AM

IMO this forum is equally divided with people who either

a) have a "to the moon" mentality and just want the value to skyrocket ASAP
b) want the value to crash so that they can buy more "cheap coins"
c) haters who are disgruntled that they feel that they missed the boat on becoming an instant millionaire, so they want the value to plummet so that it is painful to the early adopters
d) want slow sustainable growth
e) have a total of 0.25 btc or less to their name, but still cry that the sky is falling when they see btc value go down $25 or more

I am option D, but lately it seems this forum is flooded with more and more C and E
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:54:42 AM

c) haters who are disgruntled that they feel that they missed the boat on becoming an instant millionaire, so they want the value to plummet so that it is painful to the early adopters
e) have a total of 0.25 btc or less to their name, but still cry that the sky is falling when they see btc value go down $25 or more

I am option D, but lately it seems this forum is flooded with more and more C and E

Haha, sounds about right.  Like I said to an earlier commentor the value of BTC 1+ years from now is a total mystery to me and I don't claim to know.  I think cryptocurrency is the future but that doesn't necessarily make BTC worth 10k a coin.  Fiat at one point was the future of gold but that didn't make fiat worth 10k gold coins.

But in the end speculation on that timescale is outside the reach of my skills, and it would be dishonest to readers to pretend I had any idea.

alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:14:03 PM

Lemme give this a bump before it falls into the archives

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:16:25 PM

waiting for igorr putin to pitch in...

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Interesting.

Haha, to be honest my friend I'm a trader.  I have no idea when it comes to years, I can however tell you weeks and perhaps a couple of months.

I see. Well, you give pretty precise short-term targets, so it will be easy to soon see if you are right or not.

And in case you were right, I wanted to get some more predictions. Smiley

But there seems to be a lot of confusion about your predictions in the posts in this thread - it almost seems like they haven't read your article. What you are predicting, in my book is very POSITIVE. You are saying down to $500 soon and then up. I really don't care where BTC is next week or next month, I'm in this for longer term. So what you are saying is just bullish in the end.
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:57:31 PM

Yes,

A few weeks down the road I have a slight bullish outlook, I think the supports at 500 will end up holding and after the market tests them we will see a cautious rise.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:02:11 PM

Yes,

A few weeks down the road I have a slight bullish outlook, I think the supports at 500 will end up holding and after the market tests them we will see a cautious rise.

Ya know what. I really don't think this.

No TA, and no otherwise rational analysis.

I just believe we are heading much lower than $500 and even $400.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:17:54 PM

Good article (as was the last one I read, about optimal position size, even though we disagreed perhaps on the conclusions).

I don't have the tools or the intuition to say if we're seeing a potential reversal in a few weeks, but I will note the following:

In the current 2 week downtrend (starting from 800, stamp prices), the minor retraction on Feb 14 (EDIT) was the first sign of life of the market that I've seen.

(don't waste your breath, Matthecat, I'm pretty bearish as well, just noting subtle differences).

I've said that much 3 or 4 days ago: the charts continue looking ugly, but volume based indicators started looking a bit better, as did bid/ask ratio over time.

Now the most recent drama on gox certainly put an end to that possible recovery, but my point is, I will be watching for similar signs in the coming weeks. At some point, we will probably turn around, and pent up buying pressure tends to show itself in volume based metrics rather reliable in Bitcoin markets, in my experience.

That said: for now, the trend is pretty clearly further downwards.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:43:38 PM

I vote for A.... its good for everyone

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
DrBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:44:18 PM

Good point. Count my in category "b," followed by "d"
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:53:45 PM

Yes,

Ya know what. I really don't think this.

No TA, and no otherwise rational analysis.

I just believe we are heading much lower than $500 and even $400.

Maybe, I have to reiterate though I'm trying to give a traders perspective.  When I say I'm 'bullish' I don't at all mean the next few months are going to be great and bitcoin will continue its rise to infinity.

All I mean is pending the movement I think will happen in the next 2 to 3 weeks the market will see a short period of recovery for maybe a week or two.

But this far off I can't really give any strongly founded analysis, so its understandable if you disagree.

donjoe

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:59:13 PM

... among which Ds are the most delusional and probably think BTC can actually function as a currency in the long term.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:44:30 AM

... among which Ds are the most delusional and probably think BTC can actually function as a currency in the long term.

Cryptocurrency has proven to be the preferred transnational instrument of the darkweb at the very least.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: