Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fleecing of Mt. Gox  (Read 2270 times)
AceOfWands (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

Anyone notice how the instant orders on Mt. Gox for this crisis have been almost exclusively sell orders? Watch your consoles. Even the green volume bars are mostly sells. The first sells were at a high price, and the price tanked. Now the price has bottomed out just above 300, and the sells can't drive it down any further but they don't stop coming. These bottom sellers are chasing the market, and they are being fleeced. Now the new floor is currently 370 or so, and the fleecing continues. Anyone else think it will be mostly up from here, with pauses here and there for more sell-lows? And then up from there again, for the most part, until we reach market or above? Coins are transferring into smarter hands, it looks like. Quite a show.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:20:07 AM

And if MTGOX can't make good on BTC withdrawals and FIAT withdrawals what's the point if the price is high or low?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:22:27 AM

MtGox is dysfunctional. There is no rhyme or reason to what is going on there. Who knows why the actors involved are acting the way they do?

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
AceOfWands (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:27:06 AM

I can't help wondering if the reinstatement of BTC withdrawals will coincide with the price reaching near market rate again, then we all get our BTC back eventually? But the BTC will most definitely be in different hands...
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:09:00 AM

Everything happening at Gox is completely normal! Nothing to see here.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
cwfabc

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:11:31 AM

3800 coin shoot to 540$
AceOfWands (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:32:33 AM

On my working hypothesis, the smart coins are buying, and the dumb coins are instant selling. Thousands of dumb coins captured on the way back down, and the price won't go much below the previous floor of 365, then shoot back up to 450 quickly... just at a guess. Some lucky limit sellers get to buy back in at a BTC profit. Cool.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4530

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:35:17 AM

On my working hypothesis, the smart coins are buying, and the dumb coins are instant selling.

on my hypothesis the smart coins are not even using mtgox and the dumb coins are being deposited and trading on mtgox

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:40:43 AM

There seems to be a gigantic floor at 300 and growing. I don't see it falling below there unless mtgox actually announces that they are insolvent.
WesandEAC

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:41:17 AM

I am inspired fellas.  Mark is buying and using his own money to put things right.  It could be no one else. Wink  Every chance they observe 2500 or so coins that can be bought up for a $200 or less gap it is worth it.  Good for him.  He was robbed and is still going to try to make good with out anyone ever knowing.  I was buying as well but I am about tapped out at this point.  Now I'll just go do some good deeds for some karma! haha

3800 coin shoot to 540$
WesandEAC

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:42:02 AM

Hmm was 4000 coins.  10 more times and he will be whole. Wink
AceOfWands (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:46:20 AM

On my working hypothesis, the smart coins are buying, and the dumb coins are instant selling.

on my hypothesis the smart coins are not even using mtgox and the dumb coins are being deposited and trading on mtgox

You got me there, smart and dumb being relative things. I'm a dumb noob with 2 BTC stuck on gox, waiting for this weirdness to play out.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:49:02 AM

I am inspired fellas.  Mark is buying and using his own money to put things right.  It could be no one else. Wink  Every chance they observe 2500 or so coins that can be bought up for a $200 or less gap it is worth it.  Good for him.  He was robbed and is still going to try to make good with out anyone ever knowing.  I was buying as well but I am about tapped out at this point.  Now I'll just go do some good deeds for some karma! haha

Hooray!

The shady incompetent rat crook has come to save us all!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
AceOfWands (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:00:57 AM

You got me there, smart and dumb being relative things. I'm a dumb noob with 2 BTC stuck on gox, waiting for this weirdness to play out.

Although I might hold to my hypothesis that there are indeed some very smart coins trading on Mt. Gox. And making bitcoin bank.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:09:19 AM

Gox support is trying to convince me to cancel my USD withdrawal and buy back BTC. If a bank operated like this they would be shutdown in an instant. All I want is to get my money out and never go near the exchange again yet instead I'm involved in a 'discussion' with their support that goes around in circles & never ends.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:13:48 AM

Whoever bought 3800 BTC on gox up to $500+ ....LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:39:39 AM

"Gox support is trying to convince me to cancel my USD withdrawal and buy back BTC. If a bank operated like this they would be shutdown in an instant. All I want is to get my money out and never go near the exchange again yet instead I'm involved in a 'discussion' with their support that goes around in circles & never ends."

LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

See this part, "If a bank operated like this they would be shutdown in an instant."

Really genius. Why do you think that any rational person is saying that bitcoin in a bubble/Ponzi scheme/scam and that it can just as easily go to zero tomorrow as $1,000,000 each. Nobody to save you - you 'old miner / timer' goof. No bank, no central authority, no cops, no government, nada, zip, zilch, you have been fleeced and get that into you.

I am focusing all my effort both day and night to rip off / hack / steal / scam every bloody bitcoin I can, and dump it as fast as I sell it. This bitcoin mania is the single biggest opportunity in the history of cybercrime to make it big!

Now back to hacking I go... more noobs wallets to steal  Shocked

Hope you enjoy your celltime with Bubba.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:54:33 AM

"Gox support is trying to convince me to cancel my USD withdrawal and buy back BTC. If a bank operated like this they would be shutdown in an instant. All I want is to get my money out and never go near the exchange again yet instead I'm involved in a 'discussion' with their support that goes around in circles & never ends."

LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

See this part, "If a bank operated like this they would be shutdown in an instant."

Really genius. Why do you think that any rational person is saying that bitcoin in a bubble/Ponzi scheme/scam and that it can just as easily go to zero tomorrow as $1,000,000 each. Nobody to save you - you 'old miner / timer' goof. No bank, no central authority, no cops, no government, nada, zip, zilch, you have been fleeced and get that into you.

I am focusing all my effort both day and night to rip off / hack / steal / scam every bloody bitcoin I can, and dump it as fast as I sell it. This bitcoin mania is the single biggest opportunity in the history of cybercrime to make it big!

Now back to hacking I go... more noobs wallets to steal  Shocked

I would do as they suggest, have them cancel the wire, and buy the BTC especially at these prices. MTGox will open up BTC withdrawals long before you will be able to withdraw USD. The USD issue has been going on since last summer. I went though this back in the fall with trapped CAD. Cancelled the wire and bought the BTC during the silk road crash at around 122 CAD per BTC, and withdrew the BTC at the first opportunity.

The danger you face is that they will open BTC withdrawals and the GoxBTC/GoxUSD rate could easily sky-rocket to 200 or 300 USD above the Bitstamp price, and if one has trapped USD then one has real trouble.

Edit: Do not fear Bubba profit at his expense instead.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:23:57 AM

My first suggestion to anyone involved with MTGox is that GoxBTC/GoxUSD is a very different currency pair than BTC/USD. The fundamentals are very different, as is the technical analysis. Take at look at http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mtgox/btcusd and see for yourselves.

With GoxBTC/GoxUSD trading at 50% of BTC/USD combined with the reality that is way more likely to get BTC out of MTGox than USD converting any fiat currency trapped in MTGox to GoxBTC is to me the least risky option.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:51:16 AM

Gox support is trying to convince me to cancel my USD withdrawal and buy back BTC. If a bank operated like this they would be shutdown in an instant. All I want is to get my money out and never go near the exchange again yet instead I'm involved in a 'discussion' with their support that goes around in circles & never ends.

If the price goes low enough buy those BTC   Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: