Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:39:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinjar trading status and coins failure to send.  (Read 4253 times)
d0zer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:06:39 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 09:25:44 AM by d0zer

If any one wants to sell 1 - 1.5 Bitcoins I am looking to buy. From Sydney and can pay cash in person or bank xfer.

Cheers yeah while iam at it 15oTaXtWezWsrzH9MdYkA3uGD3y2kgWKef is welcome for ne coin, no worries huh? I fkn wish, all the btc market is based around is greed even down to the smaller amounts and put someone that actually works for his money straight out of pocket, does that btxid show anything weird about the addresses and how the moved the coin on?
Inspire

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:20:11 AM

...my password was changed by the way which is i guess a clear sign my account was compromised... somehow? I do keep  to date nod32 and spybot, firefox. My lappy was off at the time, 2 factor login auth into coinjar? No
Yes I think the Support Staff needs to check your login and check cross check the IP and time and trace it for you.
All online wallets - you should have 2 factor authentication active (so you need a new code from your mobile phone to send btc).
I think coinjar has 2 factor authentication and sms - so you can activate both if you so wish. So that means if you want to transfer btc, you need to have your lock enabled (10 points each means 20 points to send funds out).

They can track the BTC movement to see if it was internal or if it was a withdrawal.

Just hope its a coinjar internal transfer - and they can credit you back.
Change of password is a bad sign too - they should be able to trace their logs to see when it was changed, at what IP and time.

The problem with Windwos computer, it can be affected without you realising it...thats the problem.
Also, anybody else have access to your laptop? Does it need pw to access it?
Inspire

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:26:34 AM

If any one wants to sell 1 - 1.5 Bitcoins I am looking to buy. From Sydney and can pay cash in person or bank xfer.
localbitcoins.com is a good place to buy bitcoins. Find somebody that is good 100% reputation and it should be good.
I wouldnt sell my btc at the market rate. Its too cheap.
d0zer

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:27:37 AM

Nobody at all has access, yes pw protected too...
Inspire

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:39:51 AM

53457cede59ad6caedacd37f8b592d729e11615a641a991e3d0f0fed45528313
This is what I think has happened:
If you had 0.409618 BTC.

You send it from your wallet 1En4edfmbtbstMXcwgdtR4AxJBgXQDonCY (0.488854 btc balance).
You sent 0.409618 BTC to 16VQ8J5CjP7rMjhrHUMy6eSUEiYQVXnX9k [was this your coinjar wallet?]

That wallet had 97 transaction. Total received 38 btc and with final balance 0.015 btc. It looks like a coinjar wallet to me.

If it was a thief, they would have sent all your 0.409618 BTC to their wallet in 1 transaction.
Instead, your wallet sent your btc out many times and incoming was many times too.

So it looks to me that coinjar is actually using your btc for their purpose ... so your btc balance in coinjar should be the same as before (0.409618).

Go to your coinjar wallet - Click on Managed Wallet on top menu and go to Home and see your last transaction - if it was sent and Processed in their system.
d0zer

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:23:27 AM

Thanks for the help mate, that was my idea but im no pro so im no going to throw shit out there, but that account does have something like 30grand in it so it did make me think it was one of theres, plus it is mixed aswell with other coin... How would I find out if it was from there system? Thanks for you input its helping make sence of whats happened..

sorry the nX9k address isnt my wallet address mines the one i put a couple of posts back, but when you send your coin from coinjar it always comes from different addresses im pretty sure..
Inspire

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:12:34 AM

Do this:
Go to your coinjar wallet - Click on Managed Wallet on top menu and go to Home and see your last transaction - if it was sent and Processed in their system.
- You should see your last transaction and your final balance.
d0zer

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:46:42 PM

It just has at the top the .4 sent to the x9k address and at the top my final balance says zero.
Inspire

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:09:45 PM

Yeh thats not good news. Let us know what Support finds out.
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:27:02 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 09:37:18 PM by HairyMaclairy

So I sent 1.3 btc total on Friday and still not on the blockchain and still not back in my coinjar account.

They have closed all my tickets without addressing the lost coins.  Opening new tickets.
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:07:00 AM

1.2 btc credited back to my account and now hit the blockchain. 

So just chasing 0.1 btc at this point.

Much happier.   
Inspire

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:04:09 AM

Nice. Did they reply to your latest ticket? I think its bad service with the closing of your old tickets without replies. They should be more professional than that.
Inspire

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:11:19 AM

Is it just me, or did coinjar increased their prices on the btc?
Their BTC/USD Spot price is way high. Like 6% higher.

Looks like they lost some money and trying to win some back with higher fees by using fake spot data.
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:16:34 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 02:36:26 AM by HairyMaclairy

They replied to all of my tickets but did not resolve the underlying issue (which to their credit has now been resolved).   To be fair to them they are clearly struggling with a spike in volume triggered by the current price slump.  

I do wonder whether it is as simple as they ran out of fiat on BTC E or  Bitstamp.  If so it's perfectly understandable and I would wish they could just be straightforward about it.

Also only having support during Australian business hours is a significant decision.  I used them as one side of an arbitrage trade at 4pm Friday and didn't get the coins back until Tuesday. Won't do that again.

Yes agree their spot price is way up today.  Normally it's about 3% more than stamp today it is like 8% more (without taking into account 2% commission).   It's a convenience factor though - I am not going to begrudge them a higher commission if they have decided to hire more support staff until their systems become more robust.
d0zer

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:15:01 AM

FFS this is the convo regarding the coin, fucking bs imo... and some1 is trying to change my email?? i changed my pw the other day wtf is going on? Ive lost 310$ i know its not alot compared to others but its simply not fucking fair , i work hard for my money and this is what happens abosolute bs...

This is what I think has happened:
It was sent from your wallet 1En4edfmbtbstMXcwgdtR4AxJBgXQDonCY (0.488854 btc balance).
Then 0.409618 BTC was sent to 16VQ8J5CjP7rMjhrHUMy6eSUEiYQVXnX9k

That wallet had 97 transaction. Total received 38 btc and with final balance 0.015 btc. It looks like a coinjar wallet to me.

If it was a thief, they would have sent all of my 0.409618 BTC to their wallet in 1 transaction.
Instead, my wallet sent the btc many times and incoming was many times too.

So it looks to me that coinjar is actually using my btc for your purpose ... so my btc balance in coinjar should be the same as before (0.409618).

EDITSPLITREMOVE
SUPPORT STAFF10 Posted by Ryan Zhou on Feb 18, 2014 @ 02:24 PM

We can confirm that the receiving address 16VQ8J5CjP7rMjhrHUMy6eSUEiYQVXnX9k is not linked to CoinJar in any way. Therefore we are unable to trace any transaction as the Bitcoin has left our system.

Our server is secure but your account may be accessed by a third party. We strongly recommend all users to set a secure password and enable at least one MFA device.

SUPPORT STAFF11 Posted by Ryan Zhou on Feb 18, 2014 @ 02:25 PM

Also we have received a request to change your account email to kem8050@yahoo.com but the request is not confirmed. Are you aware of this email?
PirateHatForTea

Activity: 181
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:50:58 AM

Sounds like you got hacked. Did you have 2 factor authentication turned on? Never use any exchange without it.

Unlevereged financial instruments acting as a store of value that fluctuate 50% within 10 minutes is perfectly acceptable. I think it should be offered in IRA form to soon to be retirees.
d0zer

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:00:25 AM

Is there anything i can do about this?? Im devo'd about this i cant imagine people that have lost 10btcs plus. Completely fucked my plans and my money is gone... Is there any steps i can take to get anything back? No i didnt  have 2 factor on.. now i do thiough...
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:08:38 AM

Unfortunately it's bitcoin.  Once it's gone it's gone.

You probably have a key logger.  Suggest you completely wipe your system and start again from scratch. Use Linux. 
Inspire

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:28:31 AM

Sad to hear about your account d0zer. All things related to bitcoin - install Google Authenticator App (free) to your mobile. Then if the site you are using do not have this, do not use them. 2 Factor authentication protects you from people using software to see what keys you press on the keyboard, and where you go - so if you had this activated, it meant that they needed your mobile phone to log/send your btc.

Also, when you set up your 2 factor authenticator - they will link the key to your app - do not store that on your computer. Take a photo of it and keep it safe.

Windows computers - its not secured. They have lots of security issues, and even if you have the best programs protecting you - you can still be attacked without you knowing.

If you have time, read more into bitcoin and there are many ways to make money - so hopefully you can make your money back plus more.
d0zer

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:49:36 AM

Ive reformated , i=This has put me in such a fkn bs situation coinjar isnt safe or maybe my pc wasnt? iI alwas ransybot n nod32 but as you said even the best programs will let things slip through the cracks so...
I dont know Coinjars policy on theift of coins or anything they have yet to come up with another annoying replie that doesnt help.
Myself ive never made any money of coins really ive lost money on bs rate changes by the time money transfers i work hard for that money and was foing to have to fkn mad weekend with a hottie and its comepletely fkt me, its not a poor me story people have lost thosands, but then people have made hundreds of thousands .

15oTaXtWezWsrzH9MdYkA3uGD3y2kgWKef If anyuone has any thing i dont expect shit really, i fucking hate theives honestly , 2 factors is on def now but Coinjar has to have some poilcy to help users in this situation.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: