Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:45:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2983 times)
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:26:06 AM

As there is only  a limited number of 21 million bitcoins and every day new users are entering the bitcoin community due to high demand for bitcoins in the crypto currency market the price of bitcoins will definitely increase causing for shortage of the bitcoins when all try to join the bitcoin world and more over bitcoins cannot be duplicated and the price of satoshi's will start to go up due to increase in demand of bitcoins and  bitcoins will be most expensive things or will be the most expensive asset.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:56:06 AM

It is very much possible and I think soon we will going to witness this because now everyone is start holding and if this happen then shortage will must gonna happen.
I don't think it's possible, bull market is around the corner and some holders have started panic selling in fear that bull market is not going to happen.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:08:32 AM

Bitcoin will not be shorted of it's marketcap, because the massive usage of bitcoin always increase in terms of selling and buying. Nothing to worry all about, it will remain into circulation with sustainable profit gains in trading. More products are now using bitcoin as their main payment, so people will spend btc as well as they demand digital currency bitcoin.
warrior.coins22

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:14:57 AM

so far I have never thought about this. still tends to focus on the price of bitcoin which is still declining at this time. maybe too early if I have to talk about bitcoin supply for the near future.
Diane757Clarke

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:21:50 AM

Some countries may not think Bitcoin or don't care about it. Some people do not even know what Bitcoin is but they still work normally. However, if a country knows Bitcoin and many people use it, I think there will be many opportunities for capacity development.
surbanaB

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:21:07 AM

As there is only  a limited number of 21 million bitcoins and every day new users are entering the bitcoin community due to high demand for bitcoins in the crypto currency market the price of bitcoins will definitely increase causing for shortage of the bitcoins when all try to join the bitcoin world and more over bitcoins cannot be duplicated and the price of satoshi's will start to go up due to increase in demand of bitcoins and  bitcoins will be most expensive things or will be the most expensive asset.
Actually bitcoin attracts so many people in most of the world right now, so of course bitcoin is possible of being shortage situation in the future. We all know that bitcoin is becoming the talk of the world gradually, thus there is no doubt that the number of people may touch the limited of 21 million bitcoins. However, I believe that with the development of so many coins such as altcoins, especially ethereum will partly solve some problems like this. Besides, the value of bitcoin can put in the top and it will be great benefit with those who own good amount asset of bitcoin.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
miyat24

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:27:21 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

IF that would happen then bitcoin will be its madness - ranges its price that no one could easily buy but just those person who really are elites and very very rich. The possibility is not just as strong because even if the supply is 21M only, it would really be impossible if no coins just like bitcoin would influence its price.
YamigaHyoushi

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:31:56 AM

Probably because the circulating coins are limited and there are too many people in this world, that's why we should buy bitcoins in the present. Since bitcoin is an investment like land or gold, people would get really rich if sometime in the future the supply will get low and the demands will be really high.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 08:41:08 AM

No of course because the market price for bitcoin if there is only few left for bitcoin then possibly the market would go that much higher market price. Seeing bitcoin in high equivalency on to fiat money means that the bitcoin is already expensive.
binting

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:44:39 AM

bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. there will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin all we know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin  of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen...
max1616

Activity: 434
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:01:15 AM

I do not think you will have trouble with this..Even now we use bitcoin as a decimal satoshi..When the demand is surplus and the price increases, it will be sold more decimally.
Ayoofe

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

Bitcoin shortage can only means price boom in BTC. Then 1sats can worth a mansion, but before the time comes it is going to be in coming generation when the importance of cryptocurrency is fully known.
SofiaClarke743

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:04:55 AM

At present, the amount of Bitcoin in the world has been exploited for 18 million coins. The rest are just over 4 million, but they are very difficult to exploit, the algorithm becomes more difficult, so the exploiters need a lot of power, for that purpose. We will not have to worry about the amount of Bitcoin. There are reports that Bitcoin remains available until 2140.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:57:54 PM

Interesting question. However, because cryptocurrency is a digital currency, I would be surprised if we hear about a shortage of bitcoin. The price may decline, but to run out of bitcoin? That may be a bit harder to believe. If there will be a shortage of bitcoin then the price may increase way up.
greg0rioo

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:58:33 PM

Maybe it can happen, but if we have a lot of capital and invest in bitcoin, I don't think we will lack bitcoin. Because we have already bought a lot of bitcoin.
Fmradio98

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:57:56 PM

It is not so easy like you say. Yes Bitcoin may has a shortage. But Bitcoin has a great trust on crypto market its own. No other coin has any trust like BTC. So If BTC price will go down, we all know that all other coins go after it down. Because no other coin has proved itself yet! There is so long way to happen that.
Dondisimo

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:55:25 PM

But the greater the demand, the greater the price of bitcoin. And accordingly, very few can afford to buy even more than one bitcoin. We have nothing to worry about.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:04:41 PM

I think that the creators have thought through all these nuances and we definitely do not know the deficit of bitcoins. And to the production of 21 million bitcoins is still far away, so it's too early to think about it.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
deus030518

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:42:50 PM

Yes it is true that is why the prices of the crypto market is too volatile. If all of us can bitcoin it will really happen and no one will earn big profit. If it also happens the price of the market will go to moon and some of the people will not afford it for the reason that the price of the market is too high.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 11:56:58 PM

Bitcoin shortage is not even applicable since it was created with a limited fixed supply of 21 million. Let's say that all of the Bitcoins have been used up, then that's it! No more will be created despite of increasing demand. Users will have no choice but to move on to another potential coin. As simple as that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: