Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:02:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TAU]COIN: a BTC/NXT/NEM Upgrade  (Read 485 times)
livis17

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:56:39 AM

https://twitter.com/PetarPe00894393/status/1032944061026590720
imorpheus

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 06:43:06 PM

I love discussions about new algorithms, no problem Wink And I understand the intention of the approach.

The problem with the PoT approach is that I expect that the "poorest group" of the regular users (those that use it as a currency and not primarily to get rewards) of your currency will operate at a loss. They will transact, but their transaction count won't be enough to ensure them a really significant profit from block rewards - even if they joined a "PoT pool". So their transaction fees can't really be seen as an "investment".

The question is, then, if their loss is bigger or smaller than in PoS, where the loss can be calculated with the formula "transaction fees + value depreciation due to inflation". I believe, that as the expected transaction fees are conceptually higher, the loss will also be higher as in coin-age PoS algorithms where "the rich" have less advantages with respect to "the poor" than in fixed-reward/transaction-fee-reward (e.g. NXT) based PoS systems. So the rich-get-richer effect would be less drastic than in NXT/NEM or in DPoS-based systems, but worse than in Peercoin.

But as I said in the first post in this thread, I think for a small currency a transaction-based block reward is positive because it rewards cryptocurrency businesses to operate with it and offer services, and so strengthens the ecosystem. For me, however, it would be better to change to a normal PoS algorithm once the coin grew up, because once blocks are full, the "additional blockchain bloat effect" of PoT makes the coin more expensive to operate. A PoT/PoS system where PoT (or PoI) reward is higher in low-transaction periods, while in high transaction periods PoS rewards become dominant, would be ideal from my point of view.
We recently found if we use  accumulated transaction fee as weight vs transaction number. This will reduce the incentive for speculators to issue massive transaction numbers, Sybil attack. If someone still wants to spam network by spending transaction fee, it will be economically punishment because of fees will be distribute to all club members.
Our new whitepaper will cover this part to keep meaningless transaction attack in bay.
-iMorpheus

khurshid102

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:00:12 PM

i want to know about this project...how is it work and what will the price ?
BusWay18

Activity: 154
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:28:01 AM

How to setup mining club? cause mining club is full node am i right?
imorpheus

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 04:32:50 AM

Pls visit TAUcoin.io for all information.

If you want to be a miner, pls join dev telegram. We will help there.

https://t.me/joinchat/ID4hShB8tUxBMpzRwGZuYg

bobthegrownup (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:13:10 AM

Mining has begun -- about 4 external miners now I think. The bounty programs have been insanely popular
bobthegrownup (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 29

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:07:31 AM

I was wrong -- its currently 3 external miners

There is a bonus for the first 11 miners - "Ocean's 11"

The mining thread discusses more

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5029267.new#new

Mabuss

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:33:35 AM

how and where do i do this?
2. post your Telegram Username and TAU wallet address on our thread for authentication
3. get the URL of your post by clicking the # button at the top right of your post

regards mabus
Yousif1966

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:16:36 AM

You can still have tokens and not require the amount you own to be part of consensus. Proof-of-work works exactly like this.

The introduction of Proof-Of-Stake was important as an evolution and I feel like we've held on to the staking component like a vestigial organ in POI
Shihan9

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

good job ...dear sir....all the best luck sir...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: