Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with the Unsold Tokens?  (Read 1555 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 05:57:58 PM

With each and every ico, the unsold tokens were buried. With that into calculation only the volume into circulation were calculated. Scam projects might store back the tokens without burning. Those burned tokens were shown to the investors for clarification. Very small percentage at times were distributed as airdrops.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 07:26:50 PM

usually, when the token is unsold, they will airdrop to investors or those tokens will be burn.
Burning the token which is unsolved is the better idea then others because it actually not going to touch the where you after talking even after the sale but if it airdropped to the investors or  to the participants to promote more then it will decrease holding current value to further more.
GlobalFuneralCare

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 07:35:17 PM

From what we have seen, most ICO projects burn their coins to avoid devaluation after the crowdsale. Another option is to airdrop them among the investors. They will get an equal share of the remaining coins/tokens.

The first blockchain-based platform without entry barriers that reduces funeral costs through disintermediation - www.globalfuneralcare.org
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:18:32 PM

Token needs to be burnt because it is really the best thing to do about the token to avoid an  unnecesary used of it because if the token is burnt it is really a pair to investors who invest a big amount into it. I believe that we really need to burnt.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 11:03:08 PM

BURN

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
2chase

Activity: 1082
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 11:08:42 PM

I am confused by the fact that many projects initially declare their intention to burn unsold tokens, but when it comes to this, it often happens that the team decides to leave the tokens at their disposal. This is unfair to investors because it greatly reduces the shares of other investors. I believe that this is unacceptable.
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 11:43:27 PM

It depends upon the developers of the project but most of them are burning the tokens. If they would not burn the tokens, there is a fishy thing behind that. Specially if the unsold tokens will come to the hands of the developers. Most of the investors are asking for unsold token because they want transparency when it come to the number of tokens that circulating in exchanges.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
primeluck

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 05:01:33 AM

They will be burned,the tokens spent by users will be withdrawn from circulations and the discount on services will simply be unavailable.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:11:56 AM

I am confused by the fact that many projects initially declare their intention to burn unsold tokens, but when it comes to this, it often happens that the team decides to leave the tokens at their disposal. This is unfair to investors because it greatly reduces the shares of other investors. I believe that this is unacceptable.
as if this is a fraud, then don't be surprised if after the token listing is marketed, the price immediately drops and seems worthless. if it is like that it certainly makes investors disappointed, because besides the loss of time, they also lose in terms of investment
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:30:47 AM

If this is the case then surely it's very shady for a project to not burn the supposedly tokens that are not bought, because it will dramatically affect the price of it. They should be call out, no matter what or who is the team behind, specially if it says on the white paper that it should be disposed in the appropriate time and manner.

But so far though, I haven't heard anything, but it doesn't mean that this is not being practiced by projects before. Again, call them out, open a scam accusations in this community and let them answer it.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:35:18 AM

Freezing unsold tokens is kinda acceptable if team promise to use this tokens for token development after fixed timeframe. Burned tokens increases revenue for investors but low supply doesn't prevent dumping on exchanges after listing. Sometimes team decides to decrease the bounty&marketing pool for protecting their investors but unfortunately this method doesn't work always.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:40:26 AM

usually, when the token is unsold, they will airdrop to investors or those tokens will be burn.
Burning the token which is unsolved is the better idea then others because it actually not going to touch the where you after talking even after the sale but if it airdropped to the investors or  to the participants to promote more then it will decrease holding current value to further more.

Token burning has its flaws as well and depends on the utility of the project we are talking. If the project needs a reasonable supply in order to make the project work then it is wrong to burn them. I think that a combination of these 3 ways is the best. And probably you can lock some tokens for a certain period that may be unlocked for a sale or to potential investors that achieve a certain trading volume. This raises awareness of your project.
randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:53:25 AM

I think I would suggest to use those 1 and 3 strategy to make the value of the currency to increase the price and to increase the number of people who will gonna use the currency. And I think it will make more sense to get the attention of some investors and see that the value of the currency can really increase in the future just like other platforms they usually do that great strategy.

rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 01:57:32 PM

I personally prefer the first option, that all unsold coins will be burned, so I think it will be beneficial for investors and project owners because when the supply becomes smaller the price will also be able to survive. but many people also choose unsold coins to be distributed via airdrop.

aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:04:49 PM

I think this is not particularly important. As far as I know, at XRP about 50% of all tokens belong to the founders of the coin. At one time, everyone argued that this is bad and that XRP is not a decentralized cryptocurrency, but nevertheless it is now 2 currency by capitalization on the CMC. I would rather look at the project itself, and not at the distribution of tokens. If the project has a strong team, there is a HYIP around the project and a really lively, necessary idea, then the project will fire. And the distribution of tokens will not play an important role.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:08:48 AM

I think this is not particularly important. As far as I know, at XRP about 50% of all tokens belong to the founders of the coin. At one time, everyone argued that this is bad and that XRP is not a decentralized cryptocurrency, but nevertheless it is now 2 currency by capitalization on the CMC. I would rather look at the project itself, and not at the distribution of tokens. If the project has a strong team, there is a HYIP around the project and a really lively, necessary idea, then the project will fire. And the distribution of tokens will not play an important role.
The unvalued tokens are to be useless till it will be getting any value but nothing can be done by us without holding the tokens and this is the only thing that we can do by ourself while holding a useless token.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:19:36 AM

still hold, there will definitely be a time when the token will soon be launched into the market exchange. if you are impatient, do you want to send your token to my wallet? certainly not right? because you get it from the results of hard work.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 02:35:04 AM

still hold, there will definitely be a time when the token will soon be launched into the market exchange. if you are impatient, do you want to send your token to my wallet? certainly not right? because you get it from the results of hard work.

LOL, I'm pretty sure you are not reading.
Unsold tokens means those tokens that are not sold during the ICO, we cannot hold that, it's the team who are holding it
and they will do the appropriate action that is written in the white paper.

If it says that unsold tokens should be burn then they have to do it, it will lower the supply, and will result to a better price.

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 02:40:19 AM

we are here talking about the context of tokens that do not sell well. that the token that doesn't sell should be what? of course it must be burnt or there will be a notice of distribution to each holder to be fair between the team and the investor

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 03:02:19 AM

I will holding with my unsold token, we can't do anything because this ICO was failed and scam, how ever when an ICO have unsold token we will get refund of our money have purchase to buy and invest at their ICO project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: