Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with the Unsold Tokens?  (Read 1555 times)
sky4242

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:28:35 PM

The worthless tokens are not able to give us any profits. So I think worthless tokens should be burned. This will expand the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:38:02 PM

Option 1 is in my opinion the most suitable one for vast majority of ICOs. Reducing token supply means rewarding contributors to the project (less tokens = higher price of token ceteris paribus). Option 2 is very risky especially if the softcap is hardly reached and the leftover is very large amount of tokens. Option 3 is interesting, but it depends on the nature of the project.
Trish14

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:42:14 PM

Actually if I have a unsold tokens I"m going to do is kept the coins into my private wallet and wait for the correct time of value in the market if the value high I sell it.

I'll keep on holding that token for long term.  And await  right time when the price of the market will back and stable price will rissing in a high value and that is the right to sell my holding tokens.
pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:47:06 AM

It depends on you if you want to burn then do it but for me i would rather hold my unsold token and keep it on my wallet and wait for the time it's price will go high then i will sell it.

jahda1001

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:54:15 AM

If I was the project owner, the unsold token left over, I would burn it. Create a scarce environment, push the price
BOX Foundation

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 04:59:18 AM

I think most of unsold tokens are kept by the foundation and locked.
kidd07

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:28:00 AM

It depends on you if you want to burn then do it but for me i would rather hold my unsold token and keep it on my wallet and wait for the time it's price will go high then i will sell it.
Yes, I guess its not advisable to burn your unsold tokens and i think the best thing and wise thing to do is to keep it in a safe place or shall we say holding it and wait for its pumping value. There is always a chance to go to the moon before we decide to burn it and become a waste of doing nothing.
SaraClarke1212

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:32:15 AM

We should burn the Unsold Token to increase the coin's scariness
Bobwallet93

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:59:01 AM

Hi there!

In my opinion it depends on how many individual holders you have after the ICO, and what you goal was for that.( if you held an ICO yourself offcours )
If you have alot of holders and token buyers you should not airdrop the tokens because you already have a community.
Building on this community would be enough atleast o
If you can keep expanding using you community.
If you have alot of big investors, airdrops and not burbing tokens would be awfully painfull for investors because the price will likely drop under ico price.
For now burning is the best option in my opinion.
Greeting! Cool  p.s. staking os more awsome or masternodes offcourse

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
IGP50

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:23:43 AM

For unsold tokens, I try to hodl for some time and thoroughly study the market and sell them when the need arises. I always sell when the ,market goes high.
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:58:28 AM

Hi,

I've been reading about the strategy ICOs use for unsold tokens in case they do not reach their hard cap.

As far as I understand, there are a few options to be used for this scenario.

1) Unsold tokens are burned - the most common option used by ICOs. If tokens are burnt, token holders share will increase, therefore its price.

2) Unsold tokens are not burned - founders keep them. It's not a good option at the eyes of the token holders. It can be used as a personal interest.

3) Unsold tokens are airdropped - A few ICOs (eg. FundFantasy) used this strategy. As far as they see it, the token price will be decreased but will be readjusted because people will use it.

I'm not aware of any more alternatives to those three. What are your thoughts? Would you use option 1 or go for the other two options? Would you come up with another possibility?

Thank you very much.
Sometimes I will hold them for maybe they can be used or can be sold in the market. But most of ths time I go for the number one option you showed above.
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:32:45 AM

The best strategy is that burnt all unsold tokens. Thus total supply decreases and the decrease in the proposal causes the demand to increase. Then there is a big possibility for price increase.
Other routes may negatively affect the future of the project.
ziac
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:47:23 AM

Unsold token for me should be burnt.. Base on what i see some ico who airdrop their tokens tank so hard and the value devaluated overnight upom airdroped.. You can see project who peak when airdrop started like btx and npxs but tank after airdrop

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:25:46 AM

This way I find it reasonable. At least keep the capital safe. At high prices push it up. Need to balance just enough to participate. To minimize the risk if one is involved.
Sofiyah

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:03:58 PM

it all depends on the team, wants to burn coins that don't sold or make them airdrop. but some of the ico programs that I follow, will burn coins that don't sell. I also don't know why it should be burned, it's better to make a bonus again for investors who still want to buy the coin.
Nyak put

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:18:17 AM

The unsold tokens must be keep price stable
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:27:07 AM

Hi,

I've been reading about the strategy ICOs use for unsold tokens in case they do not reach their hard cap.

As far as I understand, there are a few options to be used for this scenario.

1) Unsold tokens are burned - the most common option used by ICOs. If tokens are burnt, token holders share will increase, therefore its price.

2) Unsold tokens are not burned - founders keep them. It's not a good option at the eyes of the token holders. It can be used as a personal interest.

3) Unsold tokens are airdropped - A few ICOs (eg. FundFantasy) used this strategy. As far as they see it, the token price will be decreased but will be readjusted because people will use it.

I'm not aware of any more alternatives to those three. What are your thoughts? Would you use option 1 or go for the other two options? Would you come up with another possibility?

Thank you very much.

For me,all unsold tokens must burned and never keep any amount in possession as this may be used to lower the value of the circulating tokens

I have lots of tokens in my wallets and i hate seeing another sets of tokens around aside from what is relased after ico

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:39:10 AM

Airdropping the unsold tokens would be the worst idea because that will create diluted economy for that particular coin and thus may reduce the value of the coin very quickly. I guess there is one more way which projects should start apply to those unsold coins and that is "Locking these coins". Yes, a locked period should be set for these coins like in terms of 1 year or 2 year or so on and until the lock period doesnt get finished they should not be released to the public. With these tokens in the later time a supply can be sent out when the demand is huge and thus stress situation over the project funds can be minimised. This will help the project to keep the funds safe and continue the development ahead. :-)
Xuaquing141

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:39:12 PM

The information you provided is quite correct for ICO projects that do not sell out tokens. Depending on the manager of the project, which way is used. I myself like to burn tokens to help it increase the market price, help investors quickly recover the capital spent.
muthubabi

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:40:45 PM

unsold tokens must be burned to keep prices stable. if not burned most likely the price will go down when in the market.
Totally agree with you dude. I think this is the thing must do in all the ICO's. Other wise there will be no any demand for the tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: