Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA] Signaturion - forum signature interactive editor  (Read 473 times)
axicron (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:00:38 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 07:15:45 PM by axicron
Merited by suchmoon (5), TheBeardedBaby (3), LoyceV (2), vlom (2), Piggy (2), mprep (1), Lafu (1), The Cryptovator (1), butka (1), vphasitha01 (1)

Hi there.
Signature system on this forum is a great opportunity for blockchain developers to promote their projects by their own efforts and amazing chance for people who want to earn spare coins.
But it seems that signature design process is a pain even if we talking about design of not complicated one and it reminds me of the process of writing a picture with a blindfold on the eyes.
So, being a web developer (unprofessional tho), I decided to create a tool that makes this process a bit easier. As a base I took open-source WYSIWYG editor.
I'm proudly introducing you Signaturion.

It is a tool for editing bbcodes with WYSIWYG in "real-time": the formatted text you create in top field will immediately appear as bbcode in the field below (and vice versa).
It is not an ultimate solution which can create a signature of any complexity (it doesn't support ascii images yet), but at least something (it can be better with time I believe).
It is in beta so bugs are inevitable, you can generously write a mini-report here instead of "haha you have bugs". I'll try make fixes and improvements, but only when I have spare time as I also have job and my projects.
Top 1 priority problem to fix is 7 predefined font sizes (which are acceptable on bitcointalk tho). I spent few nights trying figure out how to turn it to pixels, but I failed. As told on editor's github it's not that easy to fix (may be only for me, but I will try more).

And below is an example of what can be created in 5 minutes (you can copy it here and paste to the upper field of Signaturion, but make sure you copy it with empty line before and empty line after):

SIGNATURION  online real-time editor
both bbcode and visual
completely free
❤️
easy work with tables
undo and redo feature
made with love (and coffe)
 SIGNATURION

I will be glad if it can be useful for at least someone.
http://signaturion.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:03:12 PM

I really like the idea here. Since I have nothing to do with signatures I'll probably use it just to easily edit my posts. I like the way I can visually create a table and just copy the code, same for the lists.

vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:22:35 PM

This is really helpful app for me. The real time table insert function solves the problem of hitting the preview button which annoys me when creating tables. So keep it up your good work and hoping you will find a way to integrate ascii images in to your system Wink
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 06:50:11 PM

Nicely done, i like it, it can be improved to be able to support ascii images indeed. I'll do a bit of experimenting with it as well just for fun  Smiley
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 07:32:41 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 07:02:41 PM by mprep
Merited by axicron (1)

The website is powered by pure volunteer efforts so any donations for hosting expenses or SSL certificate are welcomed.

If you need a free SSL certificate, there's always https://letsencrypt.org/. AFAIK they're considered trusted by all popular browsers.

axicron (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:40:17 PM

I really like the idea here. Since I have nothing to do with signatures I'll probably use it just to easily edit my posts. I like the way I can visually create a table and just copy the code, same for the lists.
This is really helpful app for me. The real time table insert function solves the problem of hitting the preview button which annoys me when creating tables. So keep it up your good work and hoping you will find a way to integrate ascii images in to your system Wink
Nicely done, i like it, it can be improved to be able to support ascii images indeed. I'll do a bit of experimenting with it as well just for fun  Smiley
Thank you all for your kind words, I'll do my best.  Smiley

The website is powered by pure volunteer efforts so any donations for hosting expenses or SSL certificate are welcomed.

If you need a free SLL certificate, there's always https://letsencrypt.org/. AFAIK they're considered trusted by all popular browsers.
Shame on me I didn't know about it. Thank you.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 07:35:53 AM

Good work but I think you need to modify some things

• size code: When you try to show the size code, the result is size=X, which is considered false, also, we have size=Xpt & size=Xpx
  • remove emoticons: I do not know if there is anyone used it in the signatures?
  • Constants Signatures rules: Such as the height of three lines, different signatures ranks rules, Color gradients,...etc.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
axicron (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:02:51 PM

• size code: When you try to show the size code, the result is size=X, which is considered false, also, we have size=Xpt & size=Xpx
  • Constants Signatures rules: Such as the height of three lines, different signatures ranks rules, Color gradients,...etc.

Yeah, I mentioned the issue with size in my first post.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 09:26:46 AM

Yeah, I mentioned the issue with size in my first post.

Please, if you gonna restrict the code to specific number of lines only, make an extra option to deactivate the restrictions if needed for people like me.
I really LOVE this editor, as it helps me to make lists and tables with just a click. As I said before I'm not a sig. designer but this is helpful as hell!!

Note> I put a link to this thread in my last post. Hopefully more people will start using it.

Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3045

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:46:29 AM

If you need a free SSL certificate, there's always https://letsencrypt.org/. AFAIK they're considered trusted by all popular browsers.

Maybe if you use letsencrypt.org   create a cronjob for renewing the SSL certificate all week or Month, because if you don't do it after 90 Days the SSL certificate will expire!

You can use Certbot for that  and the command : sudo letsencrypt renew

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: