Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of all the giveaways lately?  (Read 132 times)
eightfigurebinance (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:57:41 PM

Lately, I've seen a lot of giveaways (i.e. Apple products or cryptocurrency) to promote projects. I'm curious what the general (crypto) public thinks about this. I know a lot of the "marketing" side of cryptocurrencies revolves around airdrops and such and this can be controversial. But how about these giveaways?

Recently I participated in a giveaway for an iPad, instead of getting a raffle ticket or something, i had to sign up for the social accounts of this project. I did end up looking around, and i learned a lot about the project in the end, but  it got me thinking, does this actually add any value to the project if people are signing up and then leaving or does it make it all worth it when someone like me comes along and mentions it to a friend?

What do you guys think? And if you curious this is the link that started all of this.  https://cryptodisrupt.com/eterbase-ipad-giveaway/?cn-reloaded=1
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:09:19 AM

I'm not aware of these giveaways but my guess is that is a scam. A person who is only interested in the iPad won't look at the project so as far as I'm concerned, I don't see why would anyone read about the project afterwards.

It's very possible that they are simply collecting data from the accounts you're linking/using in the giveaway and then sell them or something so to answer your question, no, I don't think it add any value to the project (If it's done before/during the ICO). If it's done after, then that could be helpful.
darko.bountym

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:11:21 AM

Simple and easy way to gather the audience. Fastest way to promote your project but cost a lot of money. You need to give something big in return the audience be interested and interact with the giveaway. But giveaways are not always good fit for your business. After the winners is named there is always a chance they stop be interested in your business.
dayag

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:39:28 PM

Free giveaways are good but its not promising that you can win from it , crypto world is now global , the chance of winning is small.
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 09:02:48 PM

I didn't click on the link cause I'm skeptical and always cautious on what I might stumble on or if it's a bait, though, your link seems okay but yet. Moreover, I'm guessing what you are referring as IPad giveaway might be one of those cost per action (CPA). OP,  be cautious of who or where you submit your emails. And moreover, free gift on airdrop is just a wasting of time, and it makes some ICO dumps.

Good thing there are people like you who are very cautious with every actions you have to make. We know by experience that giveaways will lead to a scam, but not in general, there are those legit one. Specially when you have a huge of bitcoin or alts stored in a wallet on your computer, that would be very prone to hackers. I myself, if possible , get rid of these giveaways specially when things gets a bit shady, I'd rather work my way up to achieve more than those I can potentially win in giveaways lol.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:16:38 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 12:03:52 PM by adzino

Most probably those are just some scam. You better not fall for those. Trying to lure people into their "free i-pad giveaway"  so they can take away everything from you. They might try to collect and sell your information. And most of them are just clickbait trying to some how infect your computer. Remember, if someting is too good to be true, then probably there is something fishy going on.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 09:44:15 PM

Can you post some more examples? I've never seen any serious projects offer rewards like that. The one you've shown is the first one I've ever seen do that.
I agree with the people above this reply, that something like that looks like a scam or sketchy at best.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 06:13:01 AM

Lately, I've seen a lot of giveaways (i.e. Apple products or cryptocurrency) to promote projects. I'm curious what the general (crypto) public thinks about this. I know a lot of the "marketing" side of cryptocurrencies revolves around airdrops and such and this can be controversial. But how about these giveaways?

Recently I participated in a giveaway for an iPad, instead of getting a raffle ticket or something, i had to sign up for the social accounts of this project. I did end up looking around, and i learned a lot about the project in the end, but  it got me thinking, does this actually add any value to the project if people are signing up and then leaving or does it make it all worth it when someone like me comes along and mentions it to a friend?

What do you guys think? And if you curious this is the link that started all of this.  https://cryptodisrupt.com/eterbase-ipad-giveaway/?cn-reloaded=1

they are trials to seek attention, it is not very sustainable, there are some economic rules that might make them very unpopular.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: