Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent bitcoins from mtgox to local client do not have bitcoins in wallet  (Read 1239 times)
mauricecostello@gmail.com (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 09:59:15 PM

I transferred some bitcoins from mt gox to the client on my machine.  The balance received remains zero I have doublechecked the address.  My bitcoin client has connections and I was able to find the completed transaction on block explorer.

Are there any other steps I need to take.

I was really excited about trading bitcoins.  this is putting a damper on the experience.

Edit.  I just found something on block explorer the transaction is listed as "not yet redeemed".  is there a way to redeem them manually?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jakeonfire

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 05:42:16 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 06:03:29 AM by jakeonfire

I had the same question just now and found the answer elsewhere Smiley

If your Bitcoin client is new or has been idle recently (e.g. not open), it has to catch up to the block with the transactions that you are concerned about before it is aware of them. So check the "x blocks" status in your Bitcoin client, and check the block # for the transactions you are looking for on block explorer. if your client's # is less than your transaction's #, then wait for the client to catch up. Once it does, it should show the transactions and be able to redeem the bitcoins. At least I hope so, as I am in a similar situation Tongue
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 06:10:31 AM

I had the same question just now and found the answer elsewhere Smiley

If your Bitcoin client is new or has been idle recently (e.g. not open), it has to catch up to the block with the transactions that you are concerned about before it is aware of them. So check the "x blocks" status in your Bitcoin client, and check the block # for the transactions you are looking for on block explorer. if your client's # is less than your transaction's #, then wait for the client to catch up. Once it does, it should show the transactions and be able to redeem the bitcoins. At least I hope so, as I am in a similar situation Tongue
That is correct.

Victoria

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 11:50:16 AM

OK, but what if the blocks stays on 0, like at my client, I've 8 connexxions but I'm already waiting 2 days now to receive the bitcoins? What am I doing wrong?  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: