Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 07:01:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AltCoinsPool.com - Back soon!  (Read 6048 times)
altcoinspool (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:10:02 PM

Im gonna try this out Smiley

We certainly appreciate it Magnus.

We did a LOT of work over the past 14 hours on the profitability algorithm and we're now in the testing phase of those changes. Past 9 hours haven't been that profitable due to a setting that was set too high. That's now more aggressive so let's see how we go over the next 8 hours.

Also, I fixed a bug with the user stats page about 10 hours ago. It should now only show a value of 0 if you only JUST started mining, if there is nothing in BTC at the combined exchanges yet, or immediately after we prepare the payout.

Alt.
Magnus

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:21:40 PM

I already have 0.0000766844 BTC to claim  Grin

-What coins / how many are beeing switched between? Any juicy details really.

/Magnus
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 11:37:36 PM

I already have 0.0000766844 BTC to claim  Grin

Good work! Smiley

-What coins / how many are beeing switched between? Any juicy details really.

You're right, I'm sorry. Juicy details are the awesome!

Here is a list that we are running with this very instant. This is obviously changing as we test!

NEC
WDC
MEC
FRK
LEAF
ANC
DOGE
NRB
TAG
LOT
MEOW
SBC
SPT
KDC
GDC
ELC
FTC
MNC
ORB

Edit: I have it on my todo list to show this array on the homepage. That will also happen soon Smiley
moehawk

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:03:43 AM

You made some improvements today, congrats!
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:40:38 AM

You made some improvements today, congrats!

Thanks for that mate. You are right. We managed our best profits today since the public beta but there's still some way to go. That broken OrbitCoin mining yesterday was a real kick to the guts so I'm glad we were able to recover today.

We're also working on adding yet another exchange (or two, depending) to our pool over the next day or so. That should hopefully significantly speed up the time to convert our coins to BTC.

Until then, stay cool (or warm, depending on where on earth you live). I'll keep everyone here posted.

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 12:48:15 PM

Im gonna try this out Smiley

I hope you stuck around till today. Yesterday was shocking but we had a good run today: http://www.altcoinspool.com/wallets.php

How did you go ?
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:52:34 PM

How much pool fee and what reward system pool use?
And how to point miner to your pool?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:04:09 PM

How much pool fee and what reward system pool use?
And how to point miner to your pool?

Hi Mate,

We use a custom implementation of PPLNS. Basically, you get rewarded for every accepted share you submit! (so we don't care about pool hoppers, they hardly affect us and in some ways, benefit us).

The pool fee is only 2% and the difference between us and other pools is that, we only take what we announce publicly. I.e, ONLY 2%!

The payout estimates are calculated every 10 minutes, based on what BTC we have and how many valid shares there are in our DB so you can keep an eye on your mining profitability as you mine!

We're still ironing out some bugs and working on our profitability in order to get the most for our members but we just had a great 24 hours and will try to keep things going in that direction.

Alt.
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:16:33 PM

Thanks for answer, added your pool to my database.
good luck, guys
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:44:37 AM

another multi pool... pings are 1139 ms from where i am is it joke?
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

Hi Hostmaster Smiley

For the moment, we only have our main cloud here in Sydney Australia. We are hosting our highly available servers in GlobalSwitch Sydney which is one of the largest, most advanced data-centres in the southern hemisphere.

Hopefully, once we move on from our public BETA (or perhaps sooner), we plan on adding additional proxies internationally to help with latency to our distant users such as yourself.

Did you have a go at mining at all? Did the latency to your location cause you any issues? Would you care to disclose your country so that I can look at adding a reverse proxy sooner?

Alt.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:45:09 AM

Hi Hostmaster Smiley

For the moment, we only have our main cloud here in Sydney Australia. We are hosting our highly available servers in GlobalSwitch Sydney which is one of the largest, most advanced data-centres in the southern hemisphere.

Hopefully, once we move on from our public BETA (or perhaps sooner), we plan on adding additional proxies internationally to help with latency to our distant users such as yourself.

Did you have a go at mining at all? Did the latency to your location cause you any issues? Would you care to disclose your country so that I can look at adding a reverse proxy sooner?

Alt.
i wish you good luck but this ping times, you can for-get europe users! ilocated in Russia but you better put server in amsterdam, holland.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:48:33 PM

i wish you good luck but this ping times, you can for-get europe users! ilocated in Russia but you better put server in amsterdam, holland.

I just setup a new proxy to the Sydney server which should give you a great deal of improvement with regards to the network latency;

Could you please test mining to eu.altcoinspool.com:3333 ?

Would you please let me know the results of your test ? This is just a proof of concept but if it works, we should have global servers online by the end of this week Smiley

Thanks. Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

If anyone in the US would like to help test, I just added a US proxy in SF.

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us1.altcoinspool.com:3333 -u [your bitcoin address] -p x

altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:16:04 PM

Half the work required to provide a daily Mhash/BTC profitability report has now been completed.

We are planning on adding one more exchange today / tomorrow and completing this profitability report before announcing an all out go live!

Thanks again to all those who have helped us test!
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:19:08 PM

BTC/Mhash/24hr stats collection scripts are now working and we have our first reading from yesterday.

The graph should be available online on the front page after 2 more readings (48 hours).

We are having some fun with the Testing phase so we're having a Franko day today (1 full day of single coin mining will not happen after go live). So the rest of today will be dedicated to mining only Franko Smiley The autoswitcher has been disabled until payout happens tonight.

Alt.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:42:12 AM

New users joining just for FrankoDay Smiley This is fun!

Remember, we have EU and US servers so international miners are welcome Smiley
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:55:10 AM

FrankoDay will be over in just a couple hours when we will re-enable to autoswitcher. Today was fun to say the least and I thank everyone who joined in!

I'll update you all again once the autoswitcher (we should give it a name) is back on.
altcoinspool (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:07:33 AM

And that marks the end of our first and only full day of deliberate single coin mining.. a big thank you to everyone who participated!

The Autoswitcher has been enabled so let's see some shiny golden bits!  Cheesy
pagona

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:31:23 AM

is there any way i can check my stats

life is amazing
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: