Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin hyped by miners?  (Read 736 times)
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:22:44 PM

well, sometimes some people have difficulty understanding new technologies. that is ok. many people aren't using smart phones, credit cards, computers,... for instance and that is ok.

if you have a hard time understanding bitcoin and you think fees are high even though they are not,... then you don't have to use bitcoin. let the millions of others who do understand it continue using it.  Kiss

Somehow when he is out of options he will go the same way of the millions.
Happened to me. Before I aint using facebook cause I have seen people so hooked with it and wasting so much time browsing stories of other people. Then someone made me realize there is a good thing about it. Communication. Free video and messaging.

That is how bitcoin will be too.
Let us say there are just 1 million users that have been using bitcoin by now. In time, people will realize the real usage of it. Companies will be absorbing it and you (OP) as 1 will have to go with it.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:26:55 PM

The high transaction fee isn't a permanent thing, solutions like segwit and lightning network are being implemented. Also do you know how much a small business has to pay to transfer a small amount from one country to another? Where as you hardly pay a few cents for transferring any amount to anywhere in the world.

crypto-bit456

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:39:06 PM

Bitcoin is the digital currency through which to make global transactions. Through this, it is possible to pay the price of the product or purchase the sale easily.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:45:58 PM

At some point this is true, the miners have been speculating a lot with the fees during the last december when the fees touched $20 - $50 each one of them, that was huge
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:54:57 PM

I am struggling to understand how Bitcoin is going to be used.
I know its long standing coin, gold like qualities, not hackable etc.  But when it comes to how it can be used, I could not find any answer.  High transaction fee, limited coins cause deflation, too volatile etc.  General public, corporations cannot use it.  Gold is different, there is nothing like gold but we have better coins than this. 

Will this be used for only speculation, betting?  How would general public / institutions use it in future?

You answered it yourself really. Gold is valuable because of its scarcity and special properties. Bitcoin is similar. Bitcoin is limited, and can the very helpful utility of being able to be stored securely and sent easily to anyone for what is actually a pretty low cost.
blackrain321

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:10:06 PM

From my point of view many people till now are not using smart technology like as smart phone, tablet or computer, credit card etc. Because of this reason many people are not understand about new technology. So if you face any kind of difficulty to use bitcoin you should think about the high fees although they aren’t. Bitcoin try to improve I think very short time it will be fixed.
Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:20:34 PM

Recently, the transaction fee of bitcoin has been very encouraging provided you are using a good wallet or a Segwit enabled wallet that has a low charge and fast confirmation time. The last time we had network congestion, things were really bad but lightening network will soon take care of these.
rileyhill

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:12:28 PM

I don’t think the transactions fees are too high in this time. They are moderate. Bitcoin gives us much more facilities that its limitations then why not use it.
kimdungtruyen

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:05:02 AM

The attention it receives is just a normal thing because bitcoin is so great. Saying that it's just being hyped is not fair because you can not blame it as well.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:21:19 AM

I know its long standing coin, gold like qualities, not hackable etc.  But when it comes to how it can be used, I could not find any answer.  High transaction fee, limited coins cause deflation, too volatile etc.  General public, corporations cannot use it.  Gold is different, there is nothing like gold but we have better coins than this. 

Will this be used for only speculation, betting?  How would general public / institutions use it in future?
There is still a void in simple front end applications that will help the general public, this is a new technology and it will take some time to carter each and everyone, in this short span it has attained a lot and it will be used to trade as simple as that, the transaction fees are not high at the moment and i hope they will implement better solutions for scaling in a couple of years. I am not sure about any other coins better than bitcoin and if you are aware of it, i would like to hear one coin which have a much better scaling solution that could accommodate everyone.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:17:54 AM

I agree with you that gold always be solution of every inflation. some people say that buying the future with gold, but I say buy the future with bitcoin

the difference between gold and bitcoin is only on volatility, and I think that gold will be affected by the global crisis, but bitcoin will persist.

so, the future only exists for gold and bitcoin.
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:23:37 AM

I think bitcoin was created for replacing the fiat currency at first. But because the price became very expensive, bitcoin is become the asset to invest.
In the future, maybe bitcoin can become a real currency to be used by mass peoples. For now, bitcoin tx speed still not fast enough.
blackandwhite89

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:27:10 AM

Different mind and different thinking but the core topics is profit. I think the fiat treading and bitcoin treading has a simple difference of currency layout. bitcoin is a digital currency on the other hand traditional is fiat but the aim of this twos are same.
marlouied04

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:32:12 AM

Bitcoin is used to store money and invest on it. Since bitcoins exchange rate drop down I hope after 2 yrs it will be back in mainstream again.
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:32:30 AM

People have different ideas which is of course different opinions. Bitcoin and gold are two different asset or valuables too. One is tangible while the other is not. But both will help us survive in this world. It is up to us which one we are comfortable with, for one can be hacked while the other can be stolen also.
dumiya

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 12:02:32 PM

Limited supply causes inflation. Not deflation.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are volatile as those are not using by the majority of the world population. Therefore it may take time to see a price stability until a considerable number of people start using bitcoin

Currently bitcoin is traded based on speculation in my opinion. But bitcoin will be a major currency like USD soon when majority started to use it.

There are simplified bitcoin payment apps and solutions coming from various vendors. This will make bitcoin is more accessible for public which leads to more bitcoin adoption.
Related

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:30:19 PM

Bitcoin can be a payment option, bitcoin has advantages, namely anonymity, and practicality. In the future everyone will not need to carry money when going anywhere, all it takes is a smartphone and an internet connection.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:37:26 PM

I am transacting bitcoin daily with 7 sat/KB volume and thats the cheapest one can have on the earth dude! How can you say that the fees are very high, its literally nothing and negligible. We should be thankful to the miners that they are putting the stress on themselves even though the bitcoin difficulty has increased so much. I think using bitcoin is very simple and there are more than enough options are now available for using it in real world as well as online. You can buy, sell stuff with it, people are making home deals with the bitcoin and im not sure whats bothering you here at all.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:45:08 PM

Bitcoin is based on blockchain technology where one can see the ledger records of his/her transactions. Bitcoin is decentralized and the transactions, tradings are fast and reliable. In the near future all you will be needing a smart device to execute transactions in any area of the world. If you are travelling you need not to worry about the exchange issues. So, overall, bitcoins are not hyped. It is the real deal which will revolutionize this moden world.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:48:21 PM

That's why we really need to do wide research about the topic. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is real wide! It's somehow in shape, but you need to research. There are a lot of site for you to do so. Like investopedia and etc.
No, bitcoin is hackable Cheesy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: