Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crytocurrency Bounties, Airdrops, and Exchange Talk are Big Red Flags  (Read 229 times)
Speed Shopper (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

We actually have a product built!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 10:41:52 AM

The Article
I wrote the article linked above on Medium.com and I'm curious to hear everyones thoughts.  I see so much about bounties, airdrops, and the rush to get coins/tokens listed on exchanges and see those as BIG red flags.
(Full Disclosure) The last 2 paragraphs talk specifically about our Token (Speed Shopper SSTX) and how we will operate differently from most, so if you don't want to see that part just stop before the last 2 paragraphs.

If you're feeling lazy and don't want to read it all just read 1 paragraph and I'll be glad to at least hear your opinion of that Smiley

LinkinPrak852

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:37:24 PM

Partially agreed with the article. Because from my view sometimes bounties are really great deal. Without promotion it’s quite hard to grab the market so why not make it interesting.
criptogenious

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 05:37:21 AM

Very well written article that focuses on the hot topics like airdrops, bounties and reputation of cryptocurrencies. However, I think that, airdrops and bounties are used to promote coins and encourage people to invest on them rather than indicating that the coins have no value.
salinagomez

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:03:37 AM

This article was a pure insight! It talks about in details, on the use of bounties and airdrops,, why should we not run around and switch between cryptocurrencies in fear of making a loss, as that should be our least of concerns, as time and paitence is key. It also gives further insights on a speed shoppers solution, hence, is a good reaf for anyone up for investing and gaining knowledge on the crypto world.
maxwellfreeman

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:33:13 AM

Nice article, flowed well.

I have to agree with what you're saying, mostly. I always look for a silver lining.

I think bounty programs and the like turn into shill fests. That being said, there are legitimate bounty hunters out there, making real value for companies, and being rewarded handsomely.

Now that kind of side steps the point of your article.

Why can't the company rely on their tech to get the word out, and funding?

All-in-all, I agree, and those are the companies I'll be looking for, and hoping they do a bounty program to aid their efforts.

But we can't deny the fact that we're still early to the blockchain industry, and like the internet, there are nefarious roots.

People are going to lose money whether bounties exist or not. Look at the stock market.

They'll hear "Bitcoin's on the rise, buy buy BUY!"

They'll buy the top, crap their pants, and sell the dip.

Few will figure out what happened, and figure the probabilities of what's to come.

Over time, people will wise up, and ICOs will slow down. Bounties will become more and more legit, to the point it's a massive hiring event with competent workers.

Red Flags? Sure.

Maybe, they're just indicators of infancy?

Time will tell.
dreammoney710

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 09:50:54 AM

Airdrops and bounties has both advantages and disadvantages. They can motivate people. But the main problem is the activities of the scam projects. So people should be careful while grabbing bounties.
TheBitcoinBadger10

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

I read the article that's was really information and will helpful for the new arrivals I would like to appariciate this kind of activities . different tools of cryptocurrency market is described here , how to operate it is clearly mention here, I hope people will shoe intereste over this kinds of things
cryptocrabs2

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:22:15 PM

I mostly liked the thing of Speed Shopper is the solutions they bring for average people. People across the world are already getting reluctant to shop in person. Hence, this project me seems the most concurrent projects for the industry.
crampus

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:25:45 PM

And to limit the circle of persons participating in bounty campaigns, then the interest will come to many ISO.
painkiller321

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:11:15 PM

The speed shopper token are very smart and helpful for business. Here people can add by using Ethereum blockchain. Blockchain system use more advance technology which are easier to transaction.
kellyscott

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:23:59 PM

wow it's really Wonderful writing. Yeah I am also agree with you Airdrops and bounties are not so good for this industry. But airdrops are better than bounties.
cryptofan999

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:07:56 AM

Thank you for your valuable article link. I read out your article that is ameazing. There were a lot of information about Bounties and Airdrops. I think it will be helpfull for all bounty hunters.
barsametu01

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:41:09 PM

It was really impressive that you wrote the article. Thank you for the effort you put into it. It will be really great for the newbies to know about these in simple words.
Md.salauddin

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:09:15 PM

Great information for the investors and i think if they go this link and then they will learn more important information which is helps them to take any decisions.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:56:28 PM

Well partially true but it's basically a tradition now to have a Bounty/Airdrop or at least a signature campaign to promote your token/coin. It's true that they aren't really that great and although there are a ton of alt accounts in this forum it still has a ton of views. Again another tradition is to have an ANN thread here for your coin. Are those really needed? Maybe not but they definitely don't hurt. I think it has to do more with what percentage are they actually using for a bounty. Is it 1%? Then great, is it 70%? Then not so great.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
barsametu01

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:47:09 PM

This is a good article I think also it will help the new members because without knowledge you can't not do well in this market also you can suffer for this so before invest or doing something knowledge is very much important.
Dblue

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:43:53 PM

Good article you have there, but I do not totally agree that bounties and airdrops are red flags for some projects. Reason being that a lot of these ICOs need the publicity that the bounty campaigns and airdrops give, and also, people might not want to invest in a coin if it's not listed in any of the exchanges. People consider it a plus for a coin to be listed on the exchanges.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:49:49 PM

Well partially true but it's basically a tradition now to have a Bounty/Airdrop or at least a signature campaign to promote your token/coin. It's true that they aren't really that great and although there are a ton of alt accounts in this forum it still has a ton of views. Again another tradition is to have an ANN thread here for your coin. Are those really needed? Maybe not but they definitely don't hurt. I think it has to do more with what percentage are they actually using for a bounty. Is it 1%? Then great, is it 70%? Then not so great.
He do really have those points but things cant really be considered to be red flags. This is simply between the involvement of Project owners and Bounty hunters itself yet a certain project would really be needed to be marketed which means sticking up to traditional things wont really be bad. I didnt tend to read up the article yet im lazy enough but i dont easily believe to those projects or tokens do tell that they are different to others and they are trying to prove something but in the end they would still decide to follow the same path.

tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:55:03 PM

To be honest most of the biggest coins right now even offered bounties or airdrops while their icos or post ico marketing campaigns, for example, ripple paid thousands of coins per participant for promoting their project on this forum.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
KennethDarnell

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:49:59 AM

I think you've misunderstood this topic. Mostly people who can't manage to buy coins but are eager to join the community, participate in bounties and airdrops where they get valuable tokens as rewards. That way more people are successfully able to join the community and I think the coin developers are only providing a convenient and easier way for the eager users to join their communities.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: