Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] Interest in a Thoroughbred Racehorse  (Read 14091 times)
JE2

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 12:46:31 AM

Satoshi's Daemon is a nice sized Louisiana-bred filly whose dam (mother) has produced all winners. We will see how she develops, but the early plan is to race her at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans, Louisiana. Thank you to all who have joined us on this "Road to the Winner's Cirlce", as it promises to be an exciting adventure in the Sport of Kings.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 03:44:58 AM

Satoshi's Daemon looks ruthless like she can bite off the head of any competition.
TTBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 11:38:36 AM

Satoshi's Daemon looks ruthless like she can bite off the head of any competition.

You must be long  Tongue

most likely, SD's career will start at the Fair Grounds in New Orleans. If you still live close by or can visit, try to come on out to watch her race.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 03:38:32 PM

If you ever bring her up to Arlington, I would be proud to get my photo taken in the Winner's Circle with her. This is a great asset to bring to the GLBSE, and I am excited about being able to invest in her. I'm in.
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 05:26:49 PM

I purchased 100 shares here. I would love to be in attendance at her first race. Please keep me informed as to a date and location and I will fly out.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
JE2

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 06:50:13 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2011, 08:39:49 PM by JE2

We want to thank everyone for their investment and faith in our first bitcoin racehorse. We only have 82 shares left!! If she performs well, she will assist us in generating capital for another horse. At that point, we would look for the most beneficial racing options (track, competition, purse money, training arrangements, etc.) before deciding on where to launch another bitcoin offering. We would look to evaluate other racetracks including Arlington Park as possible locations for the next issue.

We will always provide one free Winner's Circle photo for each win to all who are with us on Satoshi's Daemon. The early plan is to race her at Fair Grounds Race Course in New Orleans. She galloped 1.25 miles this morning and had her initial introduction to the starting gate. She is taking everything in stride and progressing nicely. Be sure to visit her website for news and upcoming races (www.satoshisdaemon.com). In addition, we will always communicate here as well. For those still considering investing in the first ever bitcoin racehorse, we only have 82 shares remaining!!! Don't be left at the starting gate!   Smiley
TTBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 04:09:35 PM

Successful IPO! We sold out of our 500 shares early this morning.

Thank you to all who participated. Please come and join us at the Fair Grounds early 2012 when SD races.

IPO funds have been transferred to (105 coins): 1DaemonMBV5XepQr8Kekgo5TCgG5pCdoSd
Good faith deposit (100 coins): 1Daemon7kXmCjuFvaVwiPWoZJqcLtZnbiH

Dividend & Claiming addresses will be funded when a race is selected and purse is known.

brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 11:17:41 PM

Wow, this share is off and racing before the horse even has its first race scheduled! I've made some nice coin on it already Smiley

TTBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 01:51:55 AM

Wow, this share is off and racing before the horse even has its first race scheduled! I've made some nice coin on it already Smiley

Grin

We're happy with our investment so far. Hopefully there will be some coin to spread around.

JE2

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 11:22:08 PM

Satoshi's Daemon completed her gallop today with a nice sprint down the lane. She now has more than 30 days under saddle and has made steady progress since arriving at the farm. We will tentatively look to have her first official work at the EvangelineTraining Center on November 19th or November 26th.  The official work will most likely be two or three furlongs. This should give us a good gauge of where she is in her training.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 02:50:43 PM

Love the set of videos of Satoshi's Daemon on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/EvansTBRacing).

Great to see the improvements in our horse.

Pleased with my investment in this.
zer0

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:22:49 AM

Interesting. I'm already in a race horse ownership conglomerate for hastings race track and a few US races but there's no real money in it. Came first place 3x and all money goes to upkeep of the trainers/horse/jockey payout so far. That said may buy into this anyways to kickstart a bitcoin horse owning cartel Smiley

TTBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 12:39:10 AM

Because the thread was bumped, I will reassure everyone that the horse is on pace to race this spring. Waiting to hear word on when the official workout will be, was supposed to be late January, but it might have been moved back.

Jesse and I were impressed with the horse and tried to fast track her into an aggressive schedule, and it backfired on us, costing us some precious time. But all appears to be a 'go' right now.

The stronger bitcoin market is hurting the dividend schedule a bit (and the share price).

Thanks everyone for their interest!

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 23, 2012, 05:11:27 AM

You just keep on taking great care of her, and let her develop right. The share price and the dividends will work themselves out in time.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 26, 2012, 07:53:47 AM

This is an extremely weird and interesting proposition lol.  I love it!

But I think you should call it something that would promote Bitcoin to non-Bitcoiners. Only those who are already interested in this currency would know of Satoshi.

I like, "Bernanke Loves Bitcoin"... that's an excellent name for a racehorse  Grin

"One Bold Bitcoin"
"Bitcoin Baby"
"My Crypto Currency"
"Satoshi's Dream"
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 05:58:34 AM

How's our horse faring? Can you provide an update on the racing schedule?

bitjet

Activity: 696

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 12:52:24 AM

I would like to see video from the practice runs. I am a professional horseman and work with horses daily as my primary job. I would like to see how this horse is going at the trot and how she strides.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 04:06:59 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2012, 06:34:34 AM by stochastic

Looking through GLBSE equities and found this one.  Is this serious?  Did the horse ever race?

Here is the pedigree.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/satoshis+daemon

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
TTBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 10:31:04 PM

Thanks everyone for the interest. I don't want to be bumping threads with little information.

Events:
Satoshi's Daemon had her 2nd workout today at the Louisiana Fair Grounds (3/31) and finished with the best time (#1) out of 8 horses on a good (not fast due to the rain) track. Improved her time by 2.40 seconds despite the sub-optimal track.
Two weeks ago (3/18), she had her 1st workout ever and finished 17th out of 18 horses. She started out *very* slow in her first official event.

Some Official Links:
Workout link for today: http://www.equibase.com/static/workout/FG033112USA-EQB.html#SATOSHISDAEMON
Satoshi's Daemon profile page: http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=8602579&registry=T

History:
This has taken longer than we had hoped. She had (has) an attitude problem and our attempts to fast track (no pun intended) her only frustrated the trainers to where they didn't want to deal with her. She was shipped to Mississippi and took the long, slow track to becoming a racehorse. I am not the horseman that my partner is, but this is common.

Satoshi's Daemon needs to get gate approval, then can be scheduled to race. She will be entered into a 4.5 furlong training race on April 18 2012. If she breaks well, she gets her gate approval, then can be entered into an official race! Early/Mid May is my best guess without setbacks.

I want to thank all bitcoin interest rights holders (traded on the GLBSE) for their patience.

TTBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 10:35:15 PM

I would like to see video from the practice runs. I am a professional horseman and work with horses daily as my primary job. I would like to see how this horse is going at the trot and how she strides.

There are some videos of her galloping on Youtube, just search for "Satoshis Daemon". Feel free to post your thoughts.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: