Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 12:49:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a New Coin for Large Online Community  (Read 655 times)
Jasmein (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:44:49 PM

I'm a developer and have been asked to create a new coin for a very large online community.

I'm been looking at the source of Bitcoin and other coins, and trying to get up to speed.

Is there any documentation which covers coin creation?  A list of steps in creating a new coin based on existing open source?

I appreciate any help I get.

Jas.
eddlow

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:39:08 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 12:55:51 PM by eddlow

Making a new coin for a specific community is useless. Stick to the things that are already around. If you come up with something new - that could be interesting und useful for a crypto currency - then go for it. But don't just copy the entire source code and rename it into a scamcoin. We don't need that.
weedo84

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:28:49 AM

Hey Jas,

Check out this thread that might help, it goes through the steps..  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225690.0 

waqas

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:30:40 AM

Making a new coin for a specific community is useless. Stick to the things that are already around. If you come up with something new - that could be interesting und useful for a crypto currency - than go for it. But don't just copy the entire source code and rename it into a scamcoin. We don't need that.
agree making new coins is useless do something here for this forum its better option right now

loljosh

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:06:54 AM

People who can't develop coins start saying that don't make coin do something for the community. It doesn't make sense. If you can't do something then you definitely have no right to tell someone not to do that too. This is the only thing I hate here , everyone disrespect the developers. If you can't appreciate someone then you have no right to disrespect him.

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: