Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-02-15] Mt Gox is deploying and testing a fix  (Read 2284 times)
erik777 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:49:35 PM

Mt Gox is deploying and testing a fix, suggesting they could begin to permit withdrawals this week. 

https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140215-BTC-transfers.pdf

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:56:09 PM

Mt Gox is deploying and testing a fix, suggesting they could begin to permit withdrawals this week. 

Read again, they don't tell anything about allowing withdrawals this week.

"Once the implementation is complete customers will again be able to deposit bitcoin, but we will be doing extensive testing before bitcoin withdrawals are reactivated. We will publish an update on the situation on Monday ."
qukuai.io

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

too young too simple.
mtgox will fuck us again and again. Angry
erik777 (OP)

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:04:17 PM

Read again, they don't tell anything about allowing withdrawals this week.

"Once the implementation is complete customers will again be able to deposit bitcoin, but we will be doing extensive testing before bitcoin withdrawals are reactivated. We will publish an update on the situation on Monday ."

Obviously, it's speculative, which is why I said "suggesting".  It obviously depends on how long it takes for "extensive testing" to complete and how successful the testing is.  

But, since they understand the impact it is having on price as well as their profits, and they promised an update tomorrow, I'd say there's a high chance they'll resume this week, possibly as early as tomorrow.  

Remember that prior to this they were just waiting for the bitcoin core devs to produce a new release.  Clearly, they are saying they have a short-term fix that permits them to resume withdrawals prior to the devs changing the malleability of the transaction id.  We know now that the fix is deployed so they can test it. 

The BTC deposit downtime was so they could deploy this new patch to their code.  

██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:07:05 PM

I'm sure they'll have it done in "two weeks". That is, if Mark can stop making too many trips to the coffee shop for his whip-cream cocoa drinks.

Gox is dead, he just doesn't know it yet.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 10:37:03 PM

I'm sure they'll have it done in "two weeks". That is, if Mark can stop making too many trips to the coffee shop for his whip-cream cocoa drinks.

Gox is dead, he just doesn't know it yet.

True

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:49:29 AM

For those that are gamblers Gox does offer a price of 250-350 a coin of course with the high chance of that being worthless later on lol

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:27:21 PM

For anyone wondering when this fix will be implemented, see the title of this thread. Wink

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:28:28 PM

For anyone wondering when this fix will be implemented, see the title of this thread. Wink

Lol
That's when they are implementing ltc too.   363 days and counting
erik777 (OP)

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:42:22 PM

An update

https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140217-Announcement.pdf

██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

I stand corrected - Gox IS dead, and Mark knows it, he just needs to stop people from withdrawing all their funds. Classy. Just the kind of "goxxing" I would expect from an inexperienced businessman.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
fatnlovelyfred

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:54:13 AM

They will have to work hard to repair their reputation, and it might be too late already.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:24:48 AM

I stand corrected - Gox IS dead, and Mark knows it, he just needs to stop people from withdrawing all their funds. Classy. Just the kind of "goxxing" I would expect from an inexperienced businessman.

This.

That was exactly what I thought when I read that. He's putting limits on withdrawals of YOUR coins. There are two groups of people gonna win this one. Those brave souls who bought at ridiculously low prices, and the upper management of Gox. The company itself? Unless they can sell it to somebody who can restore it's rep, they're done. They don't have the FDIC or similar "safety nets" to get a tax funded bailout.
joethejudge77

Activity: 42
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

Even if they work hard to repair their reputation, it is too late already.

Don't let me be misunderstood.
CityGuy

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:48:54 PM

This.

That was exactly what I thought when I read that. He's putting limits on withdrawals of YOUR coins. There are two groups of people gonna win this one. Those brave souls who bought at ridiculously low prices, and the upper management of Gox. The company itself? Unless they can sell it to somebody who can restore it's rep, they're done. They don't have the FDIC or similar "safety nets" to get a tax funded bailout.

Well said.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:52:17 PM

Sounds that way to me too.  But where did the coins and funds all go?  I think a lawsuit will be needed to get to the bottom of that.  If I had north of $10k in there, it'd definitely be worth it.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:42:19 PM

This.

Guys, there has always been a withdrawal limit. I'm not pointing that out to defend mtgox or justify their behavior, only to get everyone on the same page.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:38:17 AM

The sooner MtGox goes away the better for all of us, as well as Bitcoin.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
kalelreturns

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:22:57 AM

The sooner MtGox goes away the better for all of us, as well as Bitcoin.

amen.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:43:30 PM

This.

Guys, there has always been a withdrawal limit. I'm not pointing that out to defend mtgox or justify their behavior, only to get everyone on the same page.

True enough, but the implication in the press release is that they are going to throttle it further. Of course I can't prove this, but it's my thought they are doing so not to "test" their fix for their essentially bullshit problem, but to prevent practically everyone from just getting the hell out.

FWIW, I primarily use Coinbase. Never had a problem, even though they were usually a bit behind the market. There's something to be said for decent customer service.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: