Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:10:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC Ruling  (Read 103 times)
WonderGuy (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:17:39 AM

So I know I'm kind of late on this, but I was wondering the other day- based on what the S.E.C ruled on bitcoin and ethereum, does that allow for an ICO to launch on U.S soil? If you use KYC\AML forms, file as a security and work towards zero use of 3rd party companies, can you operate on US soil? Or would handling ICO outside of US still be best option? As far as US residents go, shouldn't participating in ICO's be easier? At the end of the day, IP addresses were being blocked due to the uncertainty from the S.E.C - not the S.E.C banning ICO's.

Any and all help will be highly appreciated. Not expecting legal advise but anyone's input\thoughts on this is welcomed.
Thanks and enjoy your day!

T o x i c a l

Activity: 518
Merit: 13

SCARCITYDEFI.ORG

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:33:55 AM

So I know I'm kind of late on this, but I was wondering the other day- based on what the S.E.C ruled on bitcoin and ethereum, does that allow for an ICO to launch on U.S soil? If you use KYC\AML forms, file as a security and work towards zero use of 3rd party companies, can you operate on US soil? Or would handling ICO outside of US still be best option? As far as US residents go, shouldn't participating in ICO's be easier? At the end of the day, IP addresses were being blocked due to the uncertainty from the S.E.C - not the S.E.C banning ICO's.

Any and all help will be highly appreciated. Not expecting legal advise but anyone's input\thoughts on this is welcomed.

In my opinion, the actions of the SEC at the moment do not lead to a significant improvement in the situation on the ICO market. The number of fraudulent projects continues to grow. And many US citizens continue to participate in many new projects, despite the fact that the websites of these projects have a special disclaimer that forbids them from doing it. For the time being, we are only at the beginning of the way of regulating crypto-currencies.

Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:46:34 AM

Whatever you do but to runs an ico outside US will be a better choice rather than taking the big risk to run your ico inside of US. You can see that the coinbase has been getting an approval from SEC to listing security token. That gives you a huge chance to take an opportunity on the US market. Play safe is much better.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 04:49:48 AM

Coinbase just came out earlier today and said that statement was incorrect and the SEC wasn't even involved
WonderGuy (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:50:31 AM

At the end of the day all ICO's will be regulated as securities by the SEC until proven that the given coin is fully decentralized. I feel like ICO's avoiding US soil are pretty much all conceptual coins and or are trying to scheme investors out of money and for the most part people seem to be getting tired\aware of those type of ICO's. The purchase of Keystone by Coinbase seems to be a move to be able to list more securities but still need regulatory approval. Overall it still seems premature but it never hurts to wonder  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: