Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 01:32:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Different between Token and Coin ?  (Read 472 times)
C0ld_Zero

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:57:44 PM

I sure that you have saw it - Token and Coin
I know Crypto have two kind of: Bitcoin and Altcoin
Please tell me what is different between and Token and Coin  Grin
AS i know Token is no value, this is product of project, At ICO time the coin calling Token. When it can list on the market we calling it is altcoin
emmaong12

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:59:43 PM

A token has a use on the platform, kind of like a gift voucher. BOth are coins really though as 99% of people are treating them solely as an investment.
fiderr95

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

The main difference between altcoins and tokens is in their structure. Token are based and built on other blockchain while coin would surely built on its own blockchain and have its own wallet.
CryptoPairFTX

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:01:00 PM

They are the same thing basically. Only difference is that tokens are build on some other's blockchain system while coins are build on their own blockchain system. This is the main difference. Nothing else.
blackrain321

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:26:17 PM

Generally, coins have their own blockchain whereas token works with blockchain. It's a part of blockchain which controls the organs of blockchain
cryptorampage963

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:13:26 PM

The main difference between coin and token is that coin is a open blockchain where any person can use it for selling or buying products. On the other hand token is a method of payment such as you can buy a token with a coin but you cannot use it for selling or buying products.
citydragoon

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:40:00 PM

These are quite different things at all.They have different ways, aims and characteristics of creation. What is more, tokens look like points, for example.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:46:10 PM

in my opinion there is no difference. token is a term for coins made using smartcontrac and coins are coins, all cryptocurrencies are essentially coins. Token term is popular when many ico projects start using smart contracts ERC20 ethereum.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
lusiaga

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:50:34 PM

I think the difference between coins and tokens is that the coin already has its own platform, i take as an example, ethereum coins. While tokens do not have their own platform / still ride on the platform of others, here I take the example, such as new ICOs that almost everything is token.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:56:51 PM

token just ride blockchain
like many ico now only eth platform have no own blockchain
whereas the coin is having its own blockchain and having its own explorer
samsung001sss

Activity: 406
Merit: 37

InternetLIFT.ru

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:57:55 PM

Yes, you say it correctly, there is bitcoin and altcoins. Altcoins are very large number. As for tokens and coins. To a large extent, this is the same, but the tokens are considered coins that are sold at the ICO or PreIco stage, and the coins are already called when they are traded on the exchange.
Tokens can be called tokens that pay investors when they invest their money.

UZIzzzz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:01:20 PM

I think coin refers to having its own block system, so it has complete block data.
However, token refers to ERC20 token, which is based on tokens of each blockchain.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
carcas

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:02:10 PM

Token has a low value rarely can be in the mine. if the coin has a high value and can usually be in the mine. making tokens more simple by using platforms such as erc, komodo, platform stellar, platform neo and others.
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:10:18 PM

I think Coin was developed on a blockchain platform of that coin. Unlike Token. Tokens are usually developed on the basis of ETH or NEO. I think that's the biggest difference

CircularLoGic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 02:32:38 PM

In the crypto world tokens are kind of like Stocks of Companies, tokens can represent  any assets that are fungible and tradeable. Coins are alternative to fiat money and have its own blockchain. Tokens are generally hosted on another blockchain, like Ethereum or Waves.

BlackandRed654

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

A cryptocurrency coin has its own blockchain system where as the token resides on top of another blockchain system as assets or utility. Token can represent any fungible and tradable asset. Tokens are distributed to ICO and have diverse utility.
traisaigon261

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:30:59 PM

Coin has its own blockchain. Token is build on blockchain of other coin. And coins is just a name, not all are intended as such.
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:38:08 PM

I think tokens are derived from other blockchain like Ether, Neo, Waves or stella while these blockchains are coins. The tokens are what is called during the ICOs stage and become coins after listing on exchange.
suburban123

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:47:43 PM

The main similarity of all Coins is that each of them has its own independent blockchain, where transactions occur.
Most often, Tokens do not have their own blockchain system and are hosted on a third-party basis, for example, on Ethereum or Waves, and also do not have their own purse.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:58:01 PM

I think tokens are derived from other blockchain like Ether, Neo, Waves or stella while these blockchains are coins. The tokens are what is called during the ICOs stage and become coins after listing on exchange.

Tokens can be operated only with the help of any blockchain and their money to make the transaction for example, ERC20 tokens can be send with the amount you have ethereum on the wallet you have. If the standalone coin it will be work with out any intervention to make the payment dude. To listed on exchanges even the tokens provider team also work for it. There are many tokens in the exchange.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: