Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:14:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone from US successfuly deposited USD into Gox in the last week?  (Read 858 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:40:23 PM

People discouraged me from initiating a transfer of $10,000+ into Gox via international wire when the price started tanking over there.

I am hoping that wasn't a huge mistake (to listen to them).

Down, down the price goes.  Anyone who has succeeded in getting USD funds *into* Gox is reaping the benefits handsomely right now.

Anyone pull the trigger and waiting to see if it "becomes available" in their account?

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:01:02 PM

I was thinking this too, seems super risky as you may be merely donating money to them at this point. But if it is worth the 10k risk to you.  I would try just a couple grand rather than 10. 10 is enough to make it pretty painful if it just disappears.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:02:09 PM

Not totally relevant to your question but I think I'll gamble some euros tonight, as soon as I deposit them in an ATM first. This price is just too delicious to let it run away. But I'm going with much less than 10k.
BreathOfZen

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:34:00 PM

People discouraged me from initiating a transfer of $10,000+ into Gox via international wire when the price started tanking over there.

Down, down the price goes.  Anyone who has succeeded in getting USD funds *into* Gox is reaping the benefits handsomely right now.

Anyone pull the trigger and waiting to see if it "becomes available" in their account?

-B-

Is this a joke, or are you so indifferent to loss as to throw what is for most people two-three months wages into what has become a black hole of funds, and to what is in all rationality a complete black hole/ponzi fraud finance scheme?

Aoeui Artifacts
infoman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:00:55 PM

-B-

Is this a joke, or are you so indifferent to loss as to throw what is for most people two-three months wages into what has become a black hole of funds, and to what is in all rationality a complete black hole/ponzi fraud finance scheme?

it all depends on how much money you are confortable to burn.

kanye west could easily dump a few $100k to it I guess, might be the OP uses $100 notes to warm up the house, you never know.
The max I would personally risk is $200-$300, not because I dont have more to burn, but emotinally I already crossed the line when I trust gox will come back / start trading and the quite a few btcs on my account will be accessible at any point in the future. Sad
BreathOfZen

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:35:18 PM

-B-

it all depends on how much money you are confortable to burn.

kanye west could easily dump a few $100k to it I guess, might be the OP uses $100 notes to warm up the house, you never know.
The max I would personally risk is $200-$300, not because I dont have more to burn, but emotinally I already crossed the line when I trust gox will come back / start trading and the quite a few btcs on my account will be accessible at any point in the future. Sad

That's true of course, but from a morality perspective it is pretty atrocious to throw away money like that even if you are loaded. It is basically the same as inviting the town over to watch you throw hundred dollar bills into a bonfire on your front lawn.  It's within your rights, and in a sense you are only harming yourself, but it is still a despicable act and only proves to the world that you possess a whole bunch of solely negative attributes.

Aoeui Artifacts
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:45:13 AM

I cant believe people are still considering depositing money in gox. Are you that greedy for a quick buck?
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:25:38 AM

Not totally relevant to your question but I think I'll gamble some euros tonight, as soon as I deposit them in an ATM first. This price is just too delicious to let it run away. But I'm going with much less than 10k.

I finally did:

Let's see how this unrolls…
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: