Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:42:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POWER] Powercoin: Power of your coins! Released today!  (Read 11649 times)
powercoin-POW

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:20:23 PM

Powercoin - the power of world people's coin!

We're glad to announce that a new altcoin Powercoin is now released on GitHub (https://github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin-binary)! Currently we have Windows wallet (binary executable) available in this very first release. Hope you will like it and join us to mine powercoins!!

It is a coin that puts the power in your wallet! No banks to get in the way, your POW is yours to use as you see fit! The goal is to be a stable cryptocurrency that is worth your time and your hashrate. We aim to create a diverse community that uses POW to buy merchandise, gamble, rent out services, and keep as an asset that is easily transferable to fiat currencies!

The power is in your wallet!

https://raw.github.com/powercoin-power/powercoin/master/src/qt/res/icons/Powercoin-128.png

At this early stage, it's very easy to mine powercoins on your CPU! So just don't hesitate, just download it and get your own powercoin today. (Now some pools are joining to the mining process, hashrate and difficulty are increasing rapidly, and it's not possible to mine on CPU at the moment)

Here is the summary information about the powercoin:
  • based on teslacoin, using scrypt algorithm
  • hybrid Proof of Stake / Proof of work
  • estimated total supply: 21000000 power
  • 61.3 reward in each mined block
  • 4 times special hourly reward (mining for over a hour)
  • 8 times special daily reward (mining for over a day)
  • 4 minutes blocks
  • zero premine - the developer was only started CPU mining today on the day when it's released

To start a new node, you will need to create a powercoin.conf, and setup the value of rpcuser and rpcpassword. The best way to assign a rpcpassword is to run powercoind from a command prompt (terminal), and it will generate a random rpcpassword for you when first run it, you can then copy that to powercoin.conf. An example simplest powercoin.conf should look like this:

rpcuser=bitcoinrpc
    rpcpassword=12guwA4eu2aKENgFMaeVzpofdOUPpwqWCRzbaUh5FiG873

We need the community support to do the continual development of powercoin. Please let us know if you want to add your node as a default node for the network, and please tell us about the IP of your node through the GitHub issue tracking system:

As a developer, I was starting CPU mining almost the same time as others on the day it was released, and each mined block is rewarded 61.3, plus a special hourly/daily reward.

We still need charity to support the development, please donate if you want to support:

* BTC: 1Fk8bqH9RGwXx9nDPX1BBLaDKBWH13JCKb
    * POWER: 5Yrqo39Y5uLJCaeh9zXoDscTqykaySiVXQ

To da moon, Powercoin!

this is fake how did you steal our code this will be shut down and the real wallets will be launched
naturalog

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:41:14 PM

THIS COIN'S CODE AND CONCEPT WAS STOLEN BY HACKING!!!!
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:24:06 PM

stolen from us the powercoin team we will relaunch the correct wallet , and all the coins mined will be void
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:35:18 PM

code stolen from the powercoin team and launched this is not official do not be fooled no not mine the guy who launched this prob did a premine this isnot official do not trust
all coins will not sync to the official wallet now to be realesed with changes , as for the theifs
medvezhonok

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

code stolen from the powercoin team and launched this is not official do not be fooled no not mine the guy who launched this prob did a premine this isnot official do not trust
all coins will not sync to the official wallet now to be realesed with changes , as for the theifs

how can you confirm that this was stollen???  Huh
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:47:13 PM

im the part of dev look at my post go back weeks  , we was going to release in 2 days from now
i am gonna have this all taken down and changes to wallet
medvezhonok

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:51:05 PM

im the part of dev look at my post go back weeks  , we was going to release in 2 days from now
i am gonna have this all taken down and changes to wallet

oh well, you could have done better to secure your coin. i am stopping in mining this, good luck to your coin.
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:02:43 PM

they must of hacked our systems to get this NOT HAPPY , i need to get hold of the moderators to get this down
medvezhonok

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:21:09 PM

they must of hacked our systems to get this NOT HAPPY , i need to get hold of the moderators to get this down

cool! you should have given more information a while ago. so people here do not burn all their electricity for nothing.
fighter

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:24:59 PM

Or it could be an inside job.
medvezhonok

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:27:14 PM

Or it could be an inside job.

they really need to tighten their systems security. an audit and post mortem on their system is a must. otherwise, the next coin of theirs gets hacked, published, and they come crying again. repeat and rinse...
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:28:27 PM

EITHERWAY THE WALLET IS BEING REDONE SO THESE BASTARDS CANT GET AWAY WITH IT LOT OF HARD WORK FOR SOME CHEEKY BASTARD TO SPOIL IT
NEED TO SPEAK TO MODERATORS WHO KNOWS SOME , BEEN ON GIT HUB REPORTED THE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT THIS WILL BE COMING DOWN WHO CAN POINT ME IN RIGHT DIRECTION TO MODERTORS , THEY HACKED US THE BASTRDS , THERE NOT GETTING AWAY WITH IT EITHER , WHO ARE THE MODERATORS Huh?
windex

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:33:22 PM

cool! you should have given more information a while ago. so people here do not burn all their electricity for nothing.

100% Agree with this. While I'm sure none of the users know exactly what is going on, I can say you have a coin named powercoin when there was already another coin named powercoin. To me that at least gives some inkling that the same thing may have happened here. Especially since the thread you "announced" in has zero information in it at all. Who is to say that these devs weren't working on a coin named the same and never saw your announcement. Also you say the source was stolen, but haven't offered any real evidence. I would be more than happy to close my pool as requested if i'm presented with real evidence. Also you asked me where I received the source and it's pretty clear as day its in the OP. So before I take down a pool that people are mining on I would like some evidence that this source was either indeed stolen or false.
powercoin-POW

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:37:08 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 05:47:52 PM by powercoin-POW

well it just so happens that the exact same wallet logos colour coin amounts rewards block halving is all the same and lastnight when i got mac wallet back from the dev i loaded it to see nodes up  when they should of all been down , then today one of the miners sent me alink to the pool and this page , we was in the process of already making the changes so all the blocks become null and void
then when i seen this and realised the extent of the scammers cheek
right so can i ask why is the source not uploaded on main powercoin.co.uk page and is not on the offical pool powercoin-pool.co.uk , well ,
as we was not goint to launch till wedneday also look at my name it was created well before the op , the op was made brand new yesterday , and my first post also well before the op stole our code bastards
also speak to the guys at webcoin.us they are doing hte offical pool go look they will also tell you the same ,. we have been compromised , please note that reports have been put into github and this source will come down !!!!! as what i am saying is 100% true

please also check jimjam1210 post for powercoin they go back weeks , well before the op was created  they stole our code !!!!!!!! , also look on the facebook page does the wallet look familiar course it does they stole it

www.facebook.com/powercoin this is our offical page send a message i will answer it
medvezhonok

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:48:15 PM

well it just so happens that the exact same wallet logos colour coin amounts rewards block halving is all the same and lastnight when i got mac wallet back from the dev i loaded it to see nodes up  when they should of all been down , then today one of the miners sent me alink to the pool and this page , we was in the process of already making the changes so all the blocks become null and void when i seen this and realised the extent of the scammers cheek
right so can i ask why is the source not uploaded on main powercoin.co.uk page and is not on the offical pool powercoin-pool.co.uk , well ,
as we was not goint to launch till wedneday also look at my name it was created well before the op , the op was made brand new yesterday , and my first post also well before the op stole our code bastards
also speak to the guys at webcoin.us they are doing hte offical pool go look they will also tell you the same ,. we have been compromised , please note that reports have been put into github and this source will come down !!!!! as what i am saying is 100% true

well, it is your responsibility to ensure that your work is secured. we, the miners, traders etc will only be supporting what ever coin you have. we hope your next coin will not be another compromised version.
powercoin-POW

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:50:44 PM

it will not be comprimised as now we are even a higher level of security , who knows the moderators here Huh?? we need to speak to them desperate , this scammer needs to be put a stop to and we need to know the ip of where the op posted from
which will help us along in our investigation , mark my words we will find out who did this for the community sake
medvezhonok

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:57:10 PM

it will not be comprimised as now we are even a higher level of security , who knows the moderators here Huh?? we need to speak to them desperate , this scammer needs to be put a stop to and we need to know the ip of where the op posted from
which will help us along in our investigation , mark my words we will find out who did this for the community sake

in light of this, can you name your coin as HUCK COIN?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=huck

Cool
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:00:12 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 10:29:45 PM by jimjam1210

who ever has done this really doesn't care about what powercoin stands for
they have tried to profit out of you all , powercoin  is about community and equality , bringing the true ideals of humanity to light ie sharing and looking after the community as a whole , who ever did this was trying to rip you all off , and probably had a good day or 2 of premining the group or guy what ever it might be
 is scum trash and should be hunted down and made to pay for his crimes against the community and humanity , i am the guy behind it and i dont even have a rig to mine this was purley for you guys as my gift to the future of mankind and all our kids  and this c$%t has tried to spoil it what a scumbag

we will launch very soon the real pow Smiley

thanks for the real powercoiners guys for supporting us
somenormalguy

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:43:38 PM

Much disappoint, very wow. I am stopping to mine this, good luck with your future endeavors.
jimjam1210

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:51:28 PM

we will let ya know when really live Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: