Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin usage rejected because they "could" be used for illegal activity.  (Read 1115 times)
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 01:44:32 AM

http://mrmoneyhustler.blogspot.com/   (+ video linked in the article)

I'm not sure which website he's actually talking about - but this is one reason why the way journalists report on Bitcoin can have a big effect on the spread and uptake of this currency.  The 'Any publicity is good publicity' maxim might work as far as getting a fair number of end users - but if businesses are scared of it for PR reasons, it's not much good.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 05:13:38 AM

I think he mentioned webstore.com as the site. He said he's been selling stuff there recently.
I've never been to the site before today but the line taken by the owners seem pretty weaselly.

What currency can't be used for illegal activity? I'm pretty sure the US$ is the biggest illegal activity currency worldwide... better stop taking that too.

Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:30:28 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2011, 06:45:20 AM by Gerken

Except dollars are a real currency and have a use.  Beyond hoarding and hoping it will make you rich some day that is. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: