Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:40:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How should we do site pricing?  (Voting closed: October 13, 2011, 05:08:38 AM)
Price only in BTC with no input from exchange rates. - 2 (16.7%)
Price set in USD and adjust to BTC bassed on exchange rates - 2 (16.7%)
Allow vendor to choose. - 8 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinBazaar.com - We need your input!  (Read 970 times)
BitPorium (OP)

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 05:08:38 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2011, 05:53:24 AM by BitCoinWebHost

I have decided to move forward with BitcoinBAzaar and allow if to start small and powerful and eventually grow. I am at the point where I need to know how the community would like for us to handle pricing. We are leaning towards being 100% BTC with no influence from exchange rate but we would like to ask the community what they think. I am especially interested in any input from prospective merchants.

My vote. Price solely in BTC.

P.S. If you have any other feature request or suggestions, I will be happy to hear them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 05:16:21 AM

Since the bazzar will allow any merchant to sell their goods if i understand correctly why not allow each merchant to decide on a per item basis

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
BitPorium (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 05:52:40 AM

Very interesting. I think that will work best. I will add that into the poll
GamingG

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 11:15:49 PM

It is better for Bitcoin to have sticky prices.  It is better for merchants to have fluctuating prices based on exchange rates in their preferred currency.  Unfortunately, until enough merchants have sticky Bitcoin prices, merchants won't typically favor sticky Bitcoin prices.  Tragedy of the commons.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 11:17:39 PM

It is better for Bitcoin to have sticky prices.  It is better for merchants to have fluctuating prices based on exchange rates in their preferred currency.  Unfortunately, until enough merchants have sticky Bitcoin prices, merchants won't typically favor sticky Bitcoin prices.  Tragedy of the commons.

I'd like to point out that I as a vendor do have a bitcoin only price for my goods, however if they were to fluxuate greatly i would need to adjust it unforunatly Sad

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 11:24:06 PM

I'd like to point out that I as a vendor do have a bitcoin only price for my goods, however if they were to fluxuate greatly i would need to adjust it unforunatly Sad

I'm in the same boat. I held out as long as I could, but I finally had to adjust my prices to account for the weak exchange rate. If I could pay my mortgage with bitcoins, I don't think I'd ever exchange them for USD.

Still around.
BitPorium (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:24:25 PM

Thanks for the input. I think this should be possible to get done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: