Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-07-18] Australia to Get First Crypto Vault  (Read 143 times)
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:15:42 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2018, 03:16:08 PM by Thadeous

Australia to Get First Crypto Vault

The offline vault service will be offered by crypto investment company Decentralised Capital and the provider of vault storage Custodian Vaults.

Australia will soon get its first insured offline vault for storing cryptocurrencies. The service will be provided by the blockchain assets and investment company Decentralised Capital, in partnership with the provider of vault and safety deposit boxes Custodian Vaults, the Australian Financial Review reported.

Decentralised Capital’s founder and director Stephen Moss told the publication that the crypto vault comes as a response to Australia’s growing market for storage solutions in the digital currency market. The service offered by the two companies will give clients direct access to their funds. It will also include a series of serious security measures, including CCTV monitoring, physical surveillance, biometric identification, PIN codes, alarms and fire control.

Moss also told the Australian Financial Review he did not believe Bitcoin to be a bubble and this is why his company is offering this new service.

“This is a solution for the next phase of the industry and it gives real security […] You can’t hack your way into the safe […] In my opinion bitcoin will not be remembered as the bubble, but the pin,“ Moss said. „While the short-term future of bitcoin may be debatable, the blockchain and its benefits are not.”

Storing one’s virtual currencies in a proper offline ban-grade vault is probably the most foolproof way to ensure they do not get stolen, particularly against the background of a spate of multimillion hacks of cryptocurrency exchanges in the past few months. There is also the option for offline storage on USB sticks and external hard drives, but there is also the risk of those getting hacked, once connected to the internet, or simply lost or stolen from one’s home.

Decentralised Capital’s crypto vault service is by far not the first in the world. Xapo, for example, offers the option to hide your cryptos in an underground vault, while the Canadian VersaBank offers VersaVault – a safety deposit box to keep digital coins.

Source: https://cryptovest.com/news/australia-to-get-first-crypto-vault

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:46:28 AM

Bitcoin has one of the most solid security measures, having your coins stored in bitcoin core or ethereum wallets for example will make it almost impossible to crack. Why should someone trust a vault to do what our solid wallets already do?
I am afraid to keep my money in tierce service more than having it in my wallet!

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:14:10 PM

Bitcoin has one of the most solid security measures, having your coins stored in bitcoin core or ethereum wallets for example will make it almost impossible to crack. Why should someone trust a vault to do what our solid wallets already do?
I am afraid to keep my money in tierce service more than having it in my wallet!

Purchase hundreds of Lengers, plug them into few servers, located in the well guarded office with high speed internet connection.
Now you have your own Crypto Vault and can provide vault services! Grin
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:24:21 PM

Well, crypto adoption in Australia seems to also be getting the green light now. I hope government officials don't troop on them to make the cryptospace over there jeopardized. The company has done well for initiating such an innovation. Cryptos are future assets and so getting vaults to store them is a great invention. Thumbs up...

Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:08:45 PM

Most probably Australia will become the biggest crypto friendly "island", after Malta and Japan.
Looking forward to see big Australian based crypto exchanges. Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: