Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox problem -- any help welcome!  (Read 1956 times)
cdb000 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:31:09 AM

Near the start of September I tried to withdraw 100 Bitcoins from Mt.Gox and got the message:

"Your account is currently pending review, please contact aml@mtgox.com"

Did so and was asked to supply copy of passport, copy of utility bill.

I have now sent these _THREE_ times and have had no response at all.

Does anyone know how to get Mt.Gox to action this - or are they simply 'never going to allow me to withdraw' (steal) my bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:33:42 AM

Hello cdb000,

Please be aware that due to the sudden increase in AML requests, processing of submitted documentation has become slightly delayed. We thank our users for their continued patience and support as we adjust to the requirements which have been obligated upon Mt.Gox.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
cdb000 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:36:28 AM

Hello cdb000,

Please be aware that due to the sudden increase in AML requests, processing of submitted documentation has become slightly delayed. We thank our users for their continued patience and support as we adjust to the requirements which have been obligated upon Mt.Gox.

Could you please quantify 'slightly'? I first sent scanned documents on 15th September - this is now 21 days ago.

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:40:20 AM

Please resubmit your documents here: http://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification

cdb000 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 06:54:21 AM

Please resubmit your documents here: http://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification

2 files uploaded. Can you give me a timescale please -- as you can imagine, I am getting quite upset having now submitted documents _FOUR_ times over a period of THREE weeks.

For what it's worth, I am quite happy for you to convert the dollars in the account into Bitcoins, then send me all the Bitcoins using the address to which I have previously withdrawn Bitcoins, then close and delete the account.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:06:41 AM

We apologize for the delay. Our team is currently reviewing all documents and processing users in queue. Your account will be approved very soon.

cdb000 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:13:02 AM

We apologize for the delay. Our team is currently reviewing all documents and processing users in queue. Your account will be approved very soon.

Could you  P L E A S E  quantify -- "soon" is maybe 5 picoseconds to a particle physicist, or maybe 5000000 years to a geologist.

What does "soon" mean when the word is used by Mt.Gox Support ?

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:40:29 AM

Could you  P L E A S E  quantify -- "soon" is maybe 5 picoseconds to a particle physicist, or maybe 5000000 years to a geologist.

What does "soon" mean when the word is used by Mt.Gox Support ?

think of a time-frame which seems ridiculously long to you, and then add 10%.

that's what 'soon' means to mt gox support.

to mt gox support: i highly suggest you set up an AUTO-responder on aml@mtgox.com that tells people about that verification url. i suspect most people only find it by chance.
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:47:23 AM

That's not fair - I had to deal with them numerous times over the past few months and never had to wait more than one day until my issues were resolved (including reviewing documents for the AML department).

In my experience they were always very responsive and helpful.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
payb.tc

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:51:10 AM

That's not fair - I had to deal with them numerous times over the past few months and never had to wait more than one day until my issues were resolved (including reviewing documents for the AML department).

awesome Cheesy this is the first time in more than 3 weeks i have ever heard of anyone anywhere having their aml documents reviewed. thanks.
cdb000 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:57:55 AM

I am impressed - how did you achieve this? Please give me step-by-step instructions everything I have tried for the last 3 weeks has been an abysmal failure.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 08:02:14 AM

We apologize for the delay all users have been experiencing with getting their accounts reviewed. We have set up a new system to approve all requests which should speed up the process. Please visit http://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification if your account has not been approved yet.

cdb000 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 08:25:45 AM

We apologize for the delay all users have been experiencing with getting their accounts reviewed. We have set up a new system to approve all requests which should speed up the process. Please visit http://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification if your account has not been approved yet.

I conditionally accept your apology for the unnecessary delays.

I have visited http://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification and uploaded files, as I stated in an earlier post in this thread.

W I L L   Y O U   P L E A S E   R E S P O N D   T O   M Y   R E Q U E S T   F O R   A   T I M E S C A L E ?

I have asked several times now, and every time you answer in terms of a meaningless generality. Please give a real answer, even if only to tell me that you are not going to give a real answer.

Am I to expect the process, which has already taken 3 weeks, to take

Another day?
   Another week?
   An additional month?
   A year?
   Forever? (equivalent to you stealing my BTC)

Also, what are the rules for this stuff? I have been trading Bitcoins on Gox for many months, and have been able to withdraw both Bitcoins and cash. Then, one day, for no obvious reason, without any warning, I am told that my account is pending review and I have to jump through hoops. Can you tell me what triggered this so I know what not to do again?

To be honest, I do not think it is unreasonable for customers of a currency exchange to be given a clear statement of the rules, and notified, with opportunity to withdraw if unhappy, when/if the rules change.

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 08:28:20 AM

I am impressed - how did you achieve this? Please give me step-by-step instructions everything I have tried for the last 3 weeks has been an abysmal failure.
Sure - I transfered money on Sep 9 (Friday), didn't show up on Tuesday like expected so I shot them a mail, 21 minutes later I got a reply stating that I needed to submit documents for the AML department. I sent them on the same day in the evening to aml@mtgox.com and 10 hours later I got a reply that my funds got credited (which they were indeed).

A few other (non-standard) requests/inquiries were also handled within hours.

Of course, YMMV but I am pretty sure they are not delaying anything on purpose!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
cdb000 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 08:48:17 AM

Sure - I transfered money on Sep 9 (Friday), didn't show up on Tuesday like expected so I shot them a mail, 21 minutes later I got a reply stating that I needed to submit documents for the AML department. I sent them on the same day in the evening to aml@mtgox.com and 10 hours later I got a reply that my funds got credited (which they were indeed).

A few other (non-standard) requests/inquiries were also handled within hours.

Of course, YMMV but I am pretty sure they are not delaying anything on purpose!

I attempted to withdraw 100 BTC on (I think) about 12th or 13th Sept and got the "please contact aml@mtgox.com" error message (on the same page as a statement that I can still withdraw 100 BTC)

I sent am email and got a reasonably fast response.
On 15th September I sent documents and heard nothing.
On 20th Sept I emailed a request for progress and got no reply.
On 1st October I sent documents again, and requested acknowledgment. No response.
Earlier today I sent documents again by email, and via web page , and another email requesting acknowledgment... we'll see.

Is there a thread anywhere that compares the various Bitcoin exchanges. Are any of the others better than Gox? I have been with Gox since last year and was willing to be forgiving whan Gox was hacked as I think everyone should be allowed one error, but I think I have now lost the willingness to forgive -- rudeness has no excuse. All I want from Gox now is the return of my money.

Mt.Gox: You are asking me to prove to you that I am not dodgy, so I ask you to prove to me that you are not thieves by returning my cash. I will then go away and never bother you again.

Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 09:01:41 AM

I conditionally accept your apology for the unnecessary delays.

I have visited http://www.mtgox.com/forms/verification and uploaded files, as I stated in an earlier post in this thread.

W I L L   Y O U   P L E A S E   R E S P O N D   T O   M Y   R E Q U E S T   F O R   A   T I M E S C A L E ?

I have asked several times now, and every time you answer in terms of a meaningless generality. Please give a real answer, even if only to tell me that you are not going to give a real answer.

Am I to expect the process, which has already taken 3 weeks, to take

Another day?
   Another week?
   An additional month?
   A year?
   Forever? (equivalent to you stealing my BTC)

Also, what are the rules for this stuff? I have been trading Bitcoins on Gox for many months, and have been able to withdraw both Bitcoins and cash. Then, one day, for no obvious reason, without any warning, I am told that my account is pending review and I have to jump through hoops. Can you tell me what triggered this so I know what not to do again?

To be honest, I do not think it is unreasonable for customers of a currency exchange to be given a clear statement of the rules, and notified, with opportunity to withdraw if unhappy, when/if the rules change.

We are processing more of the requests tomorrow, so your account should be verified (if all necessary documents are in place) within 24 hours.

cdb000 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 02:02:06 PM

We are processing more of the requests tomorrow, so your account should be verified (if all necessary documents are in place) within 24 hours.

Thank you for the clear answer.

Any hope on this:

It would be nice to know what to not do again!
payb.tc

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:07:36 PM

how will we know when this occurs? does the account say 'VERIFIED' somewhere in the profile?

or do we just need to keep attempting withdrawals until the 'pending' message goes away.
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 04:36:29 PM

If it's any consolation,
It took me multiple tries to get my limits raised also.
I actually tried again recently to raise my BTC limit more (they should have someone ready to do this quickly because there are no AML requirements associated with withdrawing Bitcoins), and never heard back so just said forget it.
Overall Gox has only lagged on upping my limits.This seems to be where they are most unresponsive.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 04:55:25 PM

If it's any consolation,
It took me multiple tries to get my limits raised also.
I actually tried again recently to raise my BTC limit more (they should have someone ready to do this quickly because there are no AML requirements associated with withdrawing Bitcoins), and never heard back so just said forget it.
Overall Gox has only lagged on upping my limits.This seems to be where they are most unresponsive.

Same here - my AML was approved relatively quickly, but that was a couple months ago.  Asked to raise my BTC withdrawal limit over a week ago, but still no dice.  Although they did reply to ask if I had already sent in my AML info (shouldn't they know that?)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: