Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox problem -- any help welcome!  (Read 1956 times)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 04:57:36 PM

hearing all this, the customer service should definitely be improved fast at MtGox

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 02:54:47 AM

We are processing more of the requests tomorrow, so your account should be verified (if all necessary documents are in place) within 24 hours.

how will we know when this occurs? does the account say 'VERIFIED' somewhere in the profile?

or do we just need to keep attempting withdrawals until the 'pending' message goes away.

well, i got an email today saying it's verified!

on the one hand: hooray, thank you!

on the other hand: W T F ??

the verification page at https://mtgox.com/forms/verification very specifically said becoming 'verified' status would increase my limits by 10x

now that i'm actually in verified status, that message has been removed.

could someone who is not yet verified please quote the exact wording on their verification page?

cdb000 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 04:57:01 AM

could someone who is not yet verified please quote the exact wording on their verification page?

Mt.Gox Account Verification

Please use the below form to submit identification documentation to apply for a “Verified” and/or “Trusted” account status.

“Verified” Accounts are eligible for monthly/daily transaction limits of up to 10 times the default limits.

In order to apply for the “Verified” account status please attach a copy of your government issued photo ID (passport, permanent residence card or driver’s license)and a scan of your monthly utility bill (power, phone, TV, gas, water, etc.).

“Trusted” Accounts are eligible for monthly/daily transaction limits of up to 100 times the default limits.

In order to apply for the “Trusted” account status please mail a notarized translation of your government issued ID (E.g. Your passport or driver’s license) and a copy of your monthly utility bill to

Mt.Gox AML
Cerulean Tower 15F,
Sakuragaoka-cho 26-1, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo, Japan
150-8512

Any information submitted is subject to Mt.Gox's privacy policy and as such will not be shared with any 3rd party, corporate partner, or agency external to Mt.Gox under any circumstances. Documents collected via this form will be accessed by Tibanne's staff only. Please note that we will only release your information if we are subpoenaed by the Supreme Court of Tokyo.
Be aware that once this form has been submitted, all attached documentation will be reviewed. This process may take up to 5 business days to complete, and you will be notified of the outcome of this review.
One identity can only be linked to one account. If you have more than one account and wish to apply submit AML information for all of your accounts you will need to contact support (support.mtgox.com) to merge your accounts first.

After we have reviewed your submission an email notification will be sent to your registered email address.

Notes

* Submitting a bank statement is not valid proof, the attached file *must* be a utility bill or a residency certificate.

* The attached or sent ID needs to be legible, if it is not you will be required to start the AML process over again.

* The name on this document(s) must be in latin characters, if it is not we require a notarized english translation to be mailed to us.

* If you are attaching a utility bill it *must* be less than 3 months old as of the time we receive it.

Please provide your details below
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 04:59:47 AM

Please use the below form to submit identification documentation to apply for a “Verified” and/or “Trusted” account status.

“Verified” Accounts are eligible for monthly/daily transaction limits of up to 10 times the default limits.

well it seems this is a very misleading statement.

as soon as you become verified, they pretty much retract it.

my verified account says this:

Please use the below form to submit identification documentation to apply for a “Trusted” account status.

Your account has a "Verified" status. You may request increased monthly/daily transaction limits up to 100 times the default amount(s)

and says nothing about the "10 times" limit anywhere anymore.

(also i confirmed my limits by attempting a withdrawal, and yes i was shown an error when trying to withdraw more than $1000)
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 09:27:29 PM

Has anyone heard more about this?  I've got the error now and I don't know if I'll be able to withdraw my Bitcoins in the time frame I'd like.  So now, without this knowledge, do I trade or wait?  Seems the smart thing to do is let people know to verify themselves BEFORE they want to withdraw their $'s or BTC's.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: