Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a cryptocurrency exchange in Canada rules? Regulations? KYC/AML?  (Read 135 times)
applicationx (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:11:40 PM

Hey everyone,
I am considering starting a cryptocurrency exchange in Canada but am not sure what are the various rules and regulations that go into it. I am from Quebec so the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the governing body here. I have the technical expertise to set up the exchange, however, am not sure what are the rules and regulations surrounding establishing an exchange. Also, I have used Coinsquare and Quadriga CX in the past but they have terrible prices, very low volumes, complex interfaces, and heavy verification processes. My project aims to combat all these issues. If I create a buy-only site initially, can I get by using just phone verification? Every bitcoin atm I have visited simply requires me to use phone verification so is it possible to do the same online?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:57:20 PM

Hey everyone,
I am considering starting a cryptocurrency exchange in Canada but am not sure what are the various rules and regulations that go into it. I am from Quebec so the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the governing body here. I have the technical expertise to set up the exchange, however, am not sure what are the rules and regulations surrounding establishing an exchange. Also, I have used Coinsquare and Quadriga CX in the past but they have terrible prices, very low volumes, complex interfaces, and heavy verification processes. My project aims to combat all these issues. If I create a buy-only site initially, can I get by using just phone verification? Every bitcoin atm I have visited simply requires me to use phone verification so is it possible to do the same online?

The reason why those businesses are still in existence is because of those heavy verification. You don't set out what you cannot achieve because you are clearly contradicting yourself. You don't know the rules that surrounds the exchange for certain, but you still want to combat what those companies that are in existence are doing that is against what you believe should be right. The simple truth is, no matter how, if you are serious about running an exchange business, KYC is key unless you want to run it off the books and be ready to face the music in case you are caught.

My advise, the best is to contact the regulatory body and ask for information yourself so you have the first hand information then decide whether its something you can cope with or not after which you know what to do. Also, you can consider peer to peer site to trade you coins.
coinsclone

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:06:33 AM

Hey everyone,

Hi dude,

The Canadian Government objects to the term cryptocurrencies because they are crypto but they aren’t currencies … they aren’t assets for the most part … I suppose they are securities technically … There is no intrinsic value for something like bitcoin so it's not really an asset one can analyze.

source: bitcoinmagazine.com

If you are interested to start crypto-to-crypto exchange platform, We are ready to help you.

Get the free consultation here>>>
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:20:28 PM

Hey everyone,

in financial economy its not smart to play by the rules, the established system might be very hostile...

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:21:23 PM

in financial economy its not smart to play by the rules, the established system might be very hostile...
That is as long as you do not care about possible heavy fines and/or jail time when you get caught, go for it...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: